Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Ridiculosly hard questions Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Yes
  No
  Poll Whore
View Results

Luscious affair

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:16 pm
Okay basically you answer the questions i give you and then i post a new one up, or you can post your own questions up and have people answer those.
rules

1 1 question at a time or you may confuse people

2 no flaming if you get them wrong

3 Don't ask a question you don't know the answer to or is impossible to solve, and don't get mad if somone answers your question correctly and then you tweak the answer and tell them they're wrong

1st question you walk through an open field with no raincoat, umbrella, or any other rainy day gear, how do you get through the field without getting wet?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:58 am
By using my f0Rc3f13ldz!  

PeachOsaurus

DvnT

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:03 pm
Uhm, you walk through? I'm taking a guess, but I don't think it's raining?

My question:

How quickly can you find out what is unusual about this paragraph? It looks so ordinary that you would think that nothing was wrong with it at all, and in fact, nothing is. But it is unusual. Why? If you study it and think about it you may find out, but I am not going to assist you in any way. You must do it without coaching. No doubt if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you. I don't know. Now, go to work and try your luck.

Hint: What is missing?

Answer: The letter "E"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:10 pm
the paragraph has no e's in it.

my question:

a man goes to a party, drinks some punch and then leaves early. everyone else at the party who drinks the punch dies of poison. why didn't the man die.  

disliker of the mary sue

BabycakesFTW

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:19 pm
The only thing I see that is unusual about the paragraph is that it's aligned to right rather than the left side?
Also the question is rather, HOW QUICKLY we notice the unusualness. I can't really say how quickly I noticed....um......3 seconds? Maybe?

While I wait to be told I'm wrong, here's my question....

A farmer has to get a sack of grain, a chicken and a fox to the other side of a river. There's only enough room in the boat for himself and one of the three things.
He can't leave the chicken on the same side as the grain, or the fox on the same side as the chicken.
How does he get all three things across?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:21 pm
disliker of the mary sue
the paragraph has no e's in it.

my question:

a man goes to a party, drinks some punch and then leaves early. everyone else at the party who drinks the punch dies of poison. why didn't the man die.

The man's the one that poisoned it?  

BabycakesFTW

Luscious affair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:56 pm
dvn -camilla price-
Uhm, you walk through? I'm taking a guess, but I don't think it's raining?
Answer: The letter "E"
correct  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:01 pm
babycakes69other
The only thing I see that is unusual about the paragraph is that it's aligned to right rather than the left side?
Also the question is rather, HOW QUICKLY we notice the unusualness. I can't really say how quickly I noticed....um......3 seconds? Maybe?

While I wait to be told I'm wrong, here's my question....

A farmer has to get a sack of grain, a chicken and a fox to the other side of a river. There's only enough room in the boat for himself and one of the three things.
He can't leave the chicken on the same side as the grain, or the fox on the same side as the chicken.
How does he get all three things across?
Go across the river take the chicken, go back take the fox and switch with the chicken, go back leave the chicken take the grain to the fox and then bring the chicken  

Luscious affair

Luscious affair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:03 pm
New question What happens once in june and twice in august?
u  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:49 pm
The letter u

So you're at a crossroad. You know one road leads to the town where people always tell the truth and the other leads to where people always lie. There is a man at the crossroad, but you don't know which town he is in. What should you ask him to figure out which town is which?  

Jenn_antiviolahater

ThanatosOfTheEnd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:27 pm
Jenn_antiviolahater
The letter u

So you're at a crossroad. You know one road leads to the town where people always tell the truth and the other leads to where people always lie. There is a man at the crossroad, but you don't know which town he is in. What should you ask him to figure out which town is which?

You ask him, " Which town is full of liers," and go the opposite direction he points to you.
My question is: There are 2 different colors of socks in a drawer. Without being able to see inside the drawer, how many socks must you remove from the drawer to ensure that you will have a pair that match?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:37 pm

If there are only two pairs, then there are four socks. When you take out three, there is no way you could have all different colors.  

Lost In The Red

Romantic Lover

20,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500

BabycakesFTW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:24 am
ThanatosOfTheEnd
Jenn_antiviolahater
The letter u

You ask him, " Which town is full of liers," and go the opposite direction he points to you.
My question is: There are 2 different colors of socks in a drawer. Without being able to see inside the drawer, how many socks must you remove from the drawer to ensure that you will have a pair that match?

I think that's wrong.....if you ask "Which town if full of liars?" If he's from the town of liars, he'd point to the truthful town and if he was truthful, he'd point to the lying town.

So what you should ask is; "If you were a person from the town you're not from, which town is the truthful town?"
So that way if he were a truthful man he'd answer as a lier and point to the lying town, and if he was a lier he'd point to the lying town.
Then you go the opposite direction.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:38 am
The chicken  

Tarantellatears

Baronmusashi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:24 pm
azunaruto
Okay basically you answer the questions i give you and then i post a new one up, or you can post your own questions up and have people answer those.
rules

1 1 question at a time or you may confuse people

2 no flaming if you get them wrong

3 Don't ask a question you don't know the answer to or is impossible to solve, and don't get mad if somone answers your question correctly and then you tweak the answer and tell them they're wrong

1st question you walk through an open field with no raincoat, umbrella, or any other rainy day gear, how do you get through the field without getting wet?

I'd have to say that it isn't raining.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces