Submit

TehMangaka

Heart Cardholder

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:32 am
My Psychiatrist says that I'm going through some severe Depression, ever since I attempted suicide last February. To tell the truth, people don't even notice me now. Everyone just goes around like nothing ever happened, even my friends.

It just seems like kids don't notice I'm going through a tough time, even if I tell them directly. And now the kids are teasing me more than ever too!! Please tell me, somebody, what I'm going to do in High School if this doesn't stop, I'm sick of it all. I need someone to talk to, not someone who ignores me when something big happens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:59 am
The problem with kids is they don't know how to respond to disturbing and real concepts like death and depression, so they lash out the best way they know how: by making light of it. Chances are your friends are still well aware of what you're going through but they don't know how to act about it so it's just safer for them to ignore it. Not the kindest reaction, I know, but it's the way it often is.

High school is hard on everyone, no exception. The difference is, some are mysteriously better emotionally-equiped to deal with the preasures. The key (in my experience) to surviving the past haunting you is to focus on the future. Or, at the very least, the present. Maybe people are going to bug you about for suicide attempt, but so what if they do? They don't know you, who you are or what you went through and are going through. My advice to you for them is to ackowledge their statements and don't react emotionally to them. People will stop talking when they realize they can't get a reaction out of you.

And most importantly, be yourself. It will be hard at first, but trust yourself. The only one whose opinion of you that you should worry about is your own. And the best thing about that is you CAN change that opinion.

I hope that helps, and I wish you the best of fortunes.

nytshad

sientolo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:02 pm
Is it that you're feeling more alone that's bothering you the most at the moment? ... like you tell a friend how you're feeling and it gets thrown back in your face because they say they understand but they don't... or they think you're just out for attention making a bigger deal of thing than you should do?

If you have a good psychiatrist who you feel comfortable with then you should really speak to them about this and try and put some goals into place.

But here is my suggestion, if you feel like it's a good idea...?
Don't talk to the people who are laughing at you...don't let them hear things about how you feel, and be careful about how often you confide in your friends... because if they don't understand then you're going to get hurt more... and that's not going to do you any good right now.
Find something to focus yourself on, something that you find fun and that will let you meet a whole new group of people who have never met you before... and a group of people who you can have a laugh with, be comfortable with and friendly...but not for you to confide in, and don't let them see you down. Capoeira really helped me amazingly because the groups I've been to have all been friendly and it gives me something to look forward to each week... but it's up to you to find something that you never though of trying.... even if you're not good... if you find a good group for whatever you're into they'll always be keen to help you out... even if you never improve just know that there's something you can enjoy and take a step back from the world abit...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:11 pm
forgive me if I'm wrong, but another part of it could be that it's all teaching you to rely on yourself more. Because you are strong enough to struggle on and you should be so proud of that, keep doing these things for yourself, and realise that it's yourself who's making these changes.  

sientolo

xxtaintedlips

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:46 pm
Wait a while, it will be yesterdays news.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:59 pm
also stop trying to get thier attention. all you will get is negative attention.  

xxtaintedlips

Chii_Asakura

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:20 am
xxtaintedlips
also stop trying to get thier attention. all you will get is negative attention.

User Image User Image
User Image

That's not helping... stare

Your friends are making it like nothing has happen is probably because they either 1) don't know how to deal with it, how to act around you 2) make it look like it's not there (in hopes that it will make you forget -- which, as you can see, is failing).

There are many reasons. If you're feeling brave, you can tell them that it's bothering you. That it has been bothering you. Tell them that you do not like it. And if they are truly friends, they will come around and comfort you. True friends do that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:59 am
do u have pets? from what i heard pet can sence ur pain and comfort and play with u so u can get better thats why i have 2  

SasukeXSuigetsuXAnna

Ryoruki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:12 am
your friends are probably unsure about how to be around you, because they don't understand what you're feeling or thinking. I can understand not wanting to bother other people with your troubles, but i think that want you to confide in them so they can understand you better.

high school is rough on everyone, don't think that you're alone in being picked on or laughed about. But really what you should focus on is how to make yourself happy. What can you do make your life better for yourself. It could be pursuing a hobby or making something. Don't worry about what other people think, because it doesn't really matter. What does matter is that you live your life the way that you want.

I can't say that i can really understand why anyone would want to commit suicide. But i do have a friend that has suicidal thoughts. They don't want to open up to others and it makes it really difficult to know how they're doing. I'm always worried that one day i'll get a call saying that they've gone and killed themselves and that always makes me regret not being able to talk to them better. It's hard to talk to friends about these things since you're close to one another. But it's important that you do talk so that you can understand one another better.

Life isn't easy. It's not like the movies. regardless of what religion you subscribe to, even if it's just the lack of one, This you only has one go at life, so don't give up! Life might be full of horrible things. But it's worth going thru the bad things to be able to appreciate the good things.

sorry that i've kinda just rambled...but i hope that this helps somehow! There are people that care about you, even if you don't realize it  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games