Reply Rainbow Bridge
Dying beagle... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

watermage6549

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:03 pm
I'm not a member, yet, but am applying, and want people to know. Our families dog who is 15 will have to be put to sleep because of a tumor by the end of this month. It doesn't seem real yet, but I will cry and cry, and right no I need some words of sympathy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:11 pm
I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is losing a member of the family and it's never easy. At least your dog lived a good full life. My baby went blind around 7yrs and we had to have him put down he had just turned 10.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Tashayar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:12 pm
I am so sorry for you... crying A dog is part of the family like a brother or sister... to lose one is terrible... Animals life... and die... just like everything else... I hope things will get better for you and your family... And cry about him... When he's put to sleep there will be no more pain. No more suffering. He will be happier looking down on you and making sure your life will be as good as possible. You will have a new angel looking down on you... keeping you safe... I wish you well with your loss. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:25 pm
I am so sorry,
your loss is a great one
you should cry
but never give up hope
miricals happen!
my puppy got parvo
and i prayed everynight
for the vets to cure her,
they told us she did have
much of a chance
being only 6 weeks old
and us catching it almost too late.
But she survived!
Never give up your hope!
you and your doggy
are in my prayers!

Mimu-lou

Loyal Senshi

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100

sokeatr

O.G. Gekko

8,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:43 am
crying puppy... crying i am so sorry for you i would cry even if it wasn't my dog eek cry  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:09 pm
I give you my heart. You're beagle is probably very important to you. Mabey like a third parent. Don't worry. Remember all of those good times together? I'm sure that when your time comes those times will come back. You're not alone. You have your family and friends and many other people in the world who are going through the same thing. My dog is like a second mother and probably won't make it to 2009's end. Take advice from one person going through this situation:
Don't be sad. You still have your dog and you can still make his last month a beautiful one. Enjoy the company and love before it ends.  

BlackFiah23

AACadet

Aged Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:57 pm
Hmmm... I just experienced my dog being put down today. HE was 16, deaf, partially blind, and he was really sick. IT was as hard as I thought. I never even cried.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:57 am
I'm sorry to hear that, we had to put our beagle terrier down too because of cancer tumors about 2-3 years ago, to top that our Golden Retriever mix had to be put down too because old age was tearing him apart. Losing a pet is horrible, losing best friends is even worse...you're not alone.  

Aspendragon

tedbear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:20 pm
I am sorry to hear this. You must understand, not all tumors or any illnesses can be cured, unfortunately. Esp that she is now 15 years, she is getting up on age, and cannot support herself anymore. It is better for her to be at peace, rather than going through a few more months, years of pain. This is hard for everyone to accept, but it is better for your dog and for you. Sounds crazy, but it's true. If you continue to keep her, you'll have to pay so many expensive bills for treatments, hospitalizations, n medications just to treat this tumor (if possible, that is).

Putting her to sleep is a blessing for the both of you. She will feel better. Trust me. Plz pm me anytime. I'm here to help. I've read up on this stuff.

Stay strong. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:22 pm
Eternalbunny-chan
I am so sorry,
your loss is a great one
you should cry
but never give up hope
miricals happen!
my puppy got parvo
and i prayed everynight
for the vets to cure her,
they told us she did have
much of a chance
being only 6 weeks old
and us catching it almost too late.
But she survived!
Never give up your hope!
you and your doggy
are in my prayers!

Yes, I agree. heart  

tedbear

wikit

Shameless Cat

15,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:09 pm
i'm so sorry my friend, my heart goes out to you. Even though it is a hard decision please take comfort in the fact that you are easing a loved ones pain. I know no words can comfort you at this time but you will soon be able to look back and remember all the joy your puppy dog has brought to your life.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:39 pm
I am so very sorry and my thoughts go to you.

My furbaby Isis, 14 years old siamese, had to be euthanized in March... ironically, on "Good Friday...

That was definitely the WORST friday of my life.

Those animals become a member of our families, and the emptyness that's left after they are gone is uninimaginable.

I never thought I would be so devastated when she left, I was a total wreck, and it took weeks before I could spend a day without crying.

There is this website I very strongly recomment to you:

www.petloss.com

They have a live chat where you can get all the attention, support and understanding you need, and you will need it. They also have a forum where you can post. Everyone there is an animal lover, has gone through grief of losing a furbaby, and they will be there for you.

I pulled through thanks to them.

Hang in there, and cherish every passing moments you have left with your baby. Make sure s/he knows how much s/he is loved and try to make the remaining time as pleasant and treasurable as you can, for you both.  

Sirhya

tedbear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:33 am
Sirhya
I am so very sorry and my thoughts go to you.

My furbaby Isis, 14 years old siamese, had to be euthanized in March... ironically, on "Good Friday...

That was definitely the WORST friday of my life.

Those animals become a member of our families, and the emptyness that's left after they are gone is uninimaginable.

I never thought I would be so devastated when she left, I was a total wreck, and it took weeks before I could spend a day without crying.

There is this website I very strongly recomment to you:

www.petloss.com

They have a live chat where you can get all the attention, support and understanding you need, and you will need it. They also have a forum where you can post. Everyone there is an animal lover, has gone through grief of losing a furbaby, and they will be there for you.

I pulled through thanks to them.

Hang in there, and cherish every passing moments you have left with your baby. Make sure s/he knows how much s/he is loved and try to make the remaining time as pleasant and treasurable as you can, for you both.

crying crying crying sweatdrop crying crying crying .......well said. *gulp*.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:05 am
Im so sorry for your loss. Ive had a dog die, she was like a child so i feel for you.  

carlbear11

ladyshari

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:09 am
I had a cat die , it was tough... It takes time , its okaky to cry and grieve...
I our case all things that were hers got thrown away or put away somewhere where I couldnt see them.. I just couldnt handle it at the time...Sorry for you loss..  
Rainbow Bridge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff