Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Upcomming Movie- Hancock

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mister Shimo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:32 pm
Theatrical Release: Jul 2, 2008 Wide

Synopsis: There are heroes… there are superheroes… and then there’s Hancock (Will Smith). With great power comes great responsibility – everyone knows that – everyone, that is, but Hancock. Edgy, conflicted, sarcastic, and misunderstood, Hancock’s well-intentioned heroics might get the job done... There are heroes… there are superheroes… and then there’s Hancock (Will Smith). With great power comes great responsibility – everyone knows that – everyone, that is, but Hancock. Edgy, conflicted, sarcastic, and misunderstood, Hancock’s well-intentioned heroics might get the job done and save countless lives, but always seem to leave jaw-dropping damage in their wake. The public has finally had enough – as grateful as they are to have their local hero, the good citizens of Los Angeles are wondering what they ever did to deserve this guy. Hancock isn’t the kind of man who cares what other people think – until the day that he saves the life of PR executive Ray Embrey (Jason Bateman), and the sardonic superhero begins to realize that he may have a vulnerable side after all. Facing that will be Hancock’s greatest challenge yet – and a task that may prove impossible as Ray’s wife, Mary (Charlize Theron), insists that he’s a lost cause. --© Sony Pictures

From Rotten Tomatoes  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:35 pm
It's coming out in France, so I'll definitly see it.  

Boadicea Boudicca

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:53 pm
I want to see it, even though it doesn't look very good.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:44 am
It was not bad really. Unfortunately, it suffered a massive change in tone midway through. The transition in tone was so clumsily handled that it left me with a sort of mental whiplash. I was really enjoying the lighthearted parody, so I was simply unprepared for them to completely toss out what was working about the film and replace it with a conventional drama with hamfisted foreshadowing, telegraphed plot twists and a dull villain. WTF, mate? They had a perfectly good comedy here with understated darker shadows under the surface, why ruin it? It was like they decided midstream to call in a committee to write the second half in a completely different style. I got visions of llamas and sisters being bitten by moose ala Monty python in my head. This was a shame, because the first half was quite good.

I likely would have liked a movie like the second section if it hadn't been so abrupt and the action and plot twists hadn't been so telegraphed. A full length movie well designed in the darker tone would have been fine, but instead it was weird, truncated, and out of place.  

Niran_Betta_Fish

Swashbuckling Man-Lover

37,190 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25

JaeJae09

Magnetic Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:45 am
i saw it yesterday and it Loved It!
it was funny and had action..it was really good.
the middle/end was good.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:06 pm
i liked it. i mean, it did change greatly in the middle, but that didn't make it any less of a good movie. i mean, we were all wondering why he was the way he was and why the lady was, so i think that the change was rather necessary. it was a good movie. very funny  

the_forgotten_thought

Bloody_Coontail

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:07 am
My dad and I went to see thiss and we both thought that it was better than most superhero movies, also seeing as not all people like the -with great power comes great responsibility- idea in a super hero. Some of them have to have gone off the deep end first.

The twist in the middle did, like said before, leave a mental whiplash, though it left us with oog faces while we laughed.
The end was rather enjoyable as well, and left us wondering, 'What happens after that?'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:52 pm
Niran_Betta_Fish
It was not bad really. Unfortunately, it suffered a massive change in tone midway through. The transition in tone was so clumsily handled that it left me with a sort of mental whiplash. I was really enjoying the lighthearted parody, so I was simply unprepared for them to completely toss out what was working about the film and replace it with a conventional drama with hamfisted foreshadowing, telegraphed plot twists and a dull villain. WTF, mate? They had a perfectly good comedy here with understated darker shadows under the surface, why ruin it? It was like they decided midstream to call in a committee to write the second half in a completely different style. I got visions of llamas and sisters being bitten by moose ala Monty python in my head. This was a shame, because the first half was quite good.

I likely would have liked a movie like the second section if it hadn't been so abrupt and the action and plot twists hadn't been so telegraphed. A full length movie well designed in the darker tone would have been fine, but instead it was weird, truncated, and out of place.

I liked Hancock...
But I have to agree with you.

Countess Erzebeth Bathory

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:29 pm
Jason Bateman made this movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:59 pm
I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD. Because the last movie I saw with Will Smith in it, I Am Legend, left me dissapointed in him. talk2hand  

Du Freohr Skulblaka

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:44 pm
I liked the first half alot, even though it was bit silly, it was so perfect. And then it was like BAM PLOT CHANGE!!! And you where just like.. eek Whaaa? It was a good twist but I found the added drama unnecessary.

And the villain? What was the point of him? Why did they leave him in there? he was underdeveloped and pointless.

It was an okay movie, not one of Will Smith's best, but certainly not his worst.

Men In Black will always be my favorite though.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games