Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

snowy town

4,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:23 am
Harhar, another angel. Ahem, I had to shrink this down a bit (the original was around 3000 pixels tall). So, before I proceed any further on this picture, I want some critiques and maybe some red-lines if anyone wants to bother. I would really love the red-lines since theres probably over 9000 problems with the anatomy... especially the hand!

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:28 am
I think it's really nice! Maybe his wings could be bigger? whee  

Hayashi Kiko

snowy town

4,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:53 am
The wings are suppose to be small. I'm kinda tired of seeing enormous wings all the time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:15 am
I think it looks really good and I love the small wings and his face C:
but I feel like the torso should be turned more to the right(--> wink ...and the tattoo too because it looks like it is almost on his back instead of at the middle of his shoulder...(if that is where you wanted it to be xD) and is should also be brought down a bit... C:

User Image  

benedikte

Tarff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:23 am
Wow. I really like this picture! blaugh It's really cool. Anyway, I agree with the person above me on everything but the tatto 'cause it looks cool where it is, and it isn't hella off. You can get your tattoos anywhere so they don't really have to be corrected in a picture if they already look pretty. Also, I really like the wings, but I think his left wing (the one away from us should be a tiny bit shorter since ya know it's on the other side. Not too much shorter, just a little. Also, the angle on the other wing may be a little off compared to the one you've got. But I'm not sure about that. Also, I think you might be able to see the base of the wing closest to us a little more. Again, not totally sure since I don't usually see winged people walking around. Either way, your anatomy is really good and your hand looks like a hand, which is a fine accomplishment right there. rofl Congratulations, you have made an excellent drawing. Please continue with it and post the final when you're done! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:06 pm
Thanks for the feedback! heart  

snowy town

4,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

premium content

Mewling Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:45 pm
I agree with everyone. @__@
People always beat me to the critiques.
It looks amazing and I can't wait to see it finished.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:36 pm
This is really amazing!

I think the tattoo is too centered on the arm if it is supposed to be wrapped around the torso like that. I might angle the tattoo in just a little. Also it seems a little too much of the forearm is visible for that position.

Overall, this drawing is really great.  

Thaliat Everwood
Captain

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Death T-2

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:38 pm
Very nice, you've got a lot of great things going on in this.

I'd say that the biggest areas you should look out for are in the arms. The near arm looks fine in the shoulder and even in the hand, but the elbow might need a bit more "substance" to it. Making that upper arm a bit thicker could balance the problem a bit better.

The other arm is also very well structured, but the forearm doesn't seem to have any purpose to it. The shoulder there is great, but when you go down the elbow towards the wrist it just seems to stop. Can't tell what position the hand could be in, but worse is that it's hard to determine where the hand could actually start. By adding weight to the lower lines near where the wrist would be, you could still have it "fade out" but still keep a structured anatomy present.

But you've got lots of good things going on in this picture. I love the simple facial features, the wings are very freely done and appropriate, and the tattoo is a great addition in design. What I also really like is the jawline, since it adds a lot of structure and substance in the anatomy, especially with the line that goes down the throat.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:21 pm
Yeah, I spent about an hour trying to figure out the arms.

@Death T-2: Thanks for the great critique! It's not very often I get one like yours.  

snowy town

4,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Death T-2

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:47 pm
You're welcome! I don't usually have a whole lot to say, but when I do I try to make it count. X3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:06 am
.......damn your good. can never get any of anatomy right. especially the hands (Man i hate doing the hands, so annoying). I'm really impressed.  

Coin139

youaremineforever

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:35 pm
I honestly do not see anything wrong with this picture...I added it to my computer as a reference when I am drawing. I hope you do not mind...  
Main Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games