Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
The Council of Revered Elders of the Geezer Guild, (Over 50) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:06 pm
LilacBreezes
*Pays Reverence and Homage to my wise and beautiful Elder, Shirley J*

Hey! I Bet you would be a youngster to my Grandma...She'll be 95 next month and in her words, she's still Kickin' !
Indeed - my gran turns 94 in just a few days ~ and stayed young for most of them ~ "You're only as old as you feel," she'd tell us. Sadly her mind is slipping away now. Up until a couple of years ago, she was "volunteering" at the senior center, setting up tables and whatnot, assisting with the "Old Folks", most of whom were 10 - 20 years younger than her. Then she had a small stroke which messed up her left side, and shortly after that she broke her hip. Docs said no more living by yourself, so we had to move her to a nursing home... with nothing to keep her busy, her mind is meandering off now...

But she still knows how to act like a kid ~ heart  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:10 pm
Bless your grandma. Hope they can keep her mind stimulated. My mom had a painting class in the home she was in. She finally figured out the "help" they wanted with their pictures was just for her to do it for them and it was too tiring. So after she painted a picture for each of them she quit. She was in her late 80's then and young compared to most. Her mind began to go after she broke one hip after the other. The anesthetic and pain killers take a toll on the mind I think. She kept painting though. As her eyes got dimmer, the colors got brighter but they were still great. Wish I had inherited her talent. It skipped me and landed on my daughter.  

Shirley_J_Marie

1,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Topaz Citrine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:53 am
Does this mean I can't post unless I'm fifty and over.....aw shucks dag-na-bit....I'll be 47 in Nov and I'm a grandma of four.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:57 pm
If am 49 years old born on June 3rd,1959. Can I speak? Or do I have to a wait till Im spoken too?Mother of three and grandma of one..Been married 28 years.  

ladyrose2

Princess Dark One

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:16 am
Good morning fellow Geezers. I am 50 and will be 51 on Feb. 25th; it's good to see that I'm not the only "old person" as the kids put it, on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:05 pm
*sneaks in, looks around*
I am 48. See you in a couple of years. But expect that I will lurk.
Also, no grandchildren yet and I am ok with it. I want my kids to be able to support themselves before they pop out dependents.  

Aegean_Kassan

Arkjinnahn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:14 pm
I'll be 52 Nov. 5th. I love gaming and have been on Gaia a while, but just found the GGG and I feel better knowing there are more "like me" out there... smile

I have no children, ergo, no grandchildren...lol.

My grandnephew turned me onto this site to earn gold for him doing jigsaw puzzles and now I'm hooked. I save my gold now and make him earn anything that I give him. Great for getting chores and homework done!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:21 pm
arkansasgoatmama
I am 55 so I guess I qualify for a geezer! Well, 55 in actual age...anywhere between 5 and 12 when I am playing "paper dolls" on Gaia. I don't think I am leaving this thread...i'm safe in here from the "kids" who think if you are over 21 you have no reason to be on Gaia.

The "kids" I've talked to on Gaia think that if you are over 21, you have no reason to be alive!!! lol  

Arkjinnahn

I Ceymore Ratz
Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:55 am
I can sure put those youngsters in their place in no time. Lil Brat, I put our 75 year old on top, if my wife doesn't have alot for me to do tomorrow I shall try to up date the list a little.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:41 am
User Image  

Ceymore

Cas3ti3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:15 am
I'm 44 and I'm proud of it. biggrin smile 3nodding 4laugh heart heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:00 am
Thought I said hi before, but I'm not on the list so I guess not... Rofl - I'm a very young Grandmother of 3, all boys. One son (also a boy) couldn't buy a girl apparently, lol. Someone recently was aghast that the friend she played wow with will be 50 next year, somehow the grandmother thingee didn't tip her off I guess. I tried to tell her I'm 21 with 28 years experience.... Anyway - hi there to all you wonderful people. heart smile biggrin evil  

TempestSea

MustangDragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:35 pm
TempestSea
Thought I said hi before, but I'm not on the list so I guess not... Rofl - I'm a very young Grandmother of 3, all boys. One son (also a boy) couldn't buy a girl apparently, lol. Someone recently was aghast that the friend she played wow with will be 50 next year, somehow the grandmother thingee didn't tip her off I guess. I tried to tell her I'm 21 with 28 years experience.... Anyway - hi there to all you wonderful people. heart smile biggrin evil

rofl

OK, I'll try 21 with 42 years of experience and see how that makes their eyeballs spin. LOL

Most of the people in guilds and threads I hang in know my age, or at least that I'm old, so I don't worry about it. I just make my paper dolly as sexy as I can, just like I was some 42 years ago. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:25 am
One more month and 3 days, and I'll be one day over 50!!! Then I should be old enough to be on The Council of Revered Elders of the Geezer Guild, (Over 50). YAY! blaugh  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Bontsy

3,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:14 am
Hey add me I'm 50! blaugh Was glad to find a whole bunch of us oldies as the kids call us. mrgreen  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games