Version 6 anyone? :3 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bai Hikari Tsubasa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:59 am
It seems as if DA have just changed!! 3nodding

At first I was still like: "Woah, did I get a subscription!?" xd Guess I was hoping too much rofl

But yeah, just want to see, what did you guys think of the new version?

I kinda missed the old one, but the new one sure is convenient in some parts. I guess I need to get used to the new version. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:47 am
don't remind me xp  

evil-chibi3

Owari

Dapper Codger

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:26 pm
The new placement of my 'messages' bar is going to take a bit of getting used to. I kind of liked where it was on the older versions :/  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:41 pm
I like the convience of replying to messages right in the Message Center plus you can see Deviation Thumbnails. It makes things so much easier when answering so many messages.  

Evil_Faye13

Toxxic Decay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:35 pm
I don't like it that much. But I guess in some ways it's better than the old version.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:19 pm
DAMN eek

Much props go to the deviantArt user interface developers - they really did a number on the site 3nodding

Kinda makes you wonder if the MMO here has been getting a bit too much attention... stare

http://news.deviantart.com/article/52721/ - if you find you need a helping hand navigating the new system wink  

Z741
Vice Captain

Bai Hikari Tsubasa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:48 am
@Owari: The placement of the old message is more organized and easy to look at, but I have to agree with Evil_Faye13, replying to the message and going through all the Devwatch thumbnails are much easier than before ^^ So I guess the new version has its ups and downs to it. What I don't really like is that the front page, it doesn't have the usual categories of popular deviations, daily deviations, prints etc. It's all newest deviation, which kinda makes it lost it's professional looks xD

@Z741: They sure did make a lot of difference to the whole site, it must take quite some workings. Thanks for providing the link, I sure would find that useful someday smile By the way, what is an MMO? Sorry that I sounded kinda like a noob here, but I am never good at all these terms sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:24 pm
Is anyone else having troubles uploading things with the new version, or is it just me?
I have to exit the 'submit deviation' page and re-enter it for my upload to work. I've never had that problem before...  

Owari

Dapper Codger

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

chronos phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:31 pm
More shortcuts but the lag is amazing for me. sometimes when I'm submitting/ uplaodingsomething I have to re-configure twice cus my one picture wont show the first time. and sometimes it takes me to default areas. It was hell when I made my new account the other day and had to re-post my drawings and such.

other then that everything looks great and much cleaner. Though where to find the forums now has gotten hard to the point where I cant find them at all. ^^

The buigs will be fixed soon I hope.

Still has that classic sea green color to it. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:45 am
Really? I've always thought the uploading/submit twice problem is just because my internet is awfully slow and needs me to exit and re-enter the submission area o.O  

Bai Hikari Tsubasa

evil-chibi3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:47 pm
That happened to me too.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:28 pm
chronos phantom
More shortcuts but the lag is amazing for me.

Eep! You're right; that lag is sure noticable :/
I really hope they debug it soon...  

Owari

Dapper Codger

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

megamishizun

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:44 am
I don't like the first page as much as the old one. But i like the message/deviation page better.
Since i don't have my subscription anymore, i couldn't see the thumbnails anymore and with the wack of people i watch deviations just piled up a lot and took me forever since i had to open each one to look at it. Even though usually sometimes i'll skip a few because i like it less or don't at all.

I'm having a bit of problems though with the scrap button mine and other people too. I wanted to check out my friend's scrap page and i couldn't see anything at all but she has stuff there. I can't see my scrap page either.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:06 pm
I absolutely hate it. Because the fact that everything that previous version subscribers had to pay for, are now available to everyone on DA. Now basically the only thing that subs are getting moneys worth are the CSS journals, and personally that ticks me off. Im quitting paying for something thats now free, even if I cant pretty up my profile.

Kamahi
Captain

Questionable Explorer

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Bai Hikari Tsubasa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:25 am
Kamahi
I absolutely hate it. Because the fact that everything that previous version subscribers had to pay for, are now available to everyone on DA. Now basically the only thing that subs are getting moneys worth are the CSS journals, and personally that ticks me off. Im quitting paying for something thats now free, even if I cant pretty up my profile.

I have always wonder how the subscribers' page would be like since we have a lot of the features subscribers before have....so I guess now it's not worth paying up for just a CSS journal huh? =w=;  
Project DA History

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff