Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People Counter
  +1
View Results

champuru kendo master

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:44 pm
I already posted this in the PP, but you know what that place is like and I just really want some major anatomy help.

Um she is eventually going to be Ultima, one of the summonse from FF...something. Anyway, she's on her floatin castle, looking off of it. In her right hand she is holding up her skirts and her left is holding onto a turret/pole/I haven't thought that far in yet. >< So anyway...

User Image

Original pic  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:22 pm
Hello. That's a very creative pose you got goin' there. It definitely looks human (and female) so congratulations on that much so far. rofl
For anatomy help:
I hate to say this, since it looks pretty cool, but the torso is a bit strange. I mean, the top half all the way up to the head. I don't think it flows with the bottom half. Or at least, they don't match. I think that the top half of that torso (from where it connects at a different angle from the bottom half) is possibly a bit to thick/broad (not like she's not thin enough but it's like you stretched out the shoulders or something and connected the lines so if the woman was standing straight she'd look wierd) and also a little too long. And the head might also be tiny bit big. The belly button should also be higher (where the chick's sides curve in then out, the belly button is just about there, maybe a tiny tad lower). sweatdrop I dunno; it could just be the way she's turned. But it should at least flow a little better.
If you don't want to adjust the torso so much you could thicken the bottom half of the tors a little (note: I mean, a little), just enough to match the top a little better. And you'd also have to lengthen the legs a big, but then you may have to thicken (and definitely) lengthen the arms (which by the way, don't change the size or shape of the arms if you're going to adjust the top half of the torso).
Also, perhaps a little definition in her left (our right) boob. Maybe round it a little more or something to match her right one.
If you'd like, you can just draw the clothes on her and adjust the anatomy while doing that. Clothes can hide the body's anatomical mistakes (depending on how revealing it is, if it's a bra and panties I don't think it'll help much rofl ).

Anyway, I like the pose. And you did a great job making the feet look like feet and twisting the body into a rather believable position. I hope what I said helps. And hopefully you'll get a second opinion just in case someone else has better tips. Good Luck! OH! And please post the final picture once you finish (no matter how long that takes).
blaugh  

Tarff

champuru kendo master

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:14 pm
Tarff
Hello. That's a very creative pose you got goin' there. It definitely looks human (and female) so congratulations on that much so far. rofl
For anatomy help:
I hate to say this, since it looks pretty cool, but the torso is a bit strange. I mean, the top half all the way up to the head. I don't think it flows with the bottom half. Or at least, they don't match. I think that the top half of that torso (from where it connects at a different angle from the bottom half) is possibly a bit to thick/broad (not like she's not thin enough but it's like you stretched out the shoulders or something and connected the lines so if the woman was standing straight she'd look wierd) and also a little too long. And the head might also be tiny bit big. The belly button should also be higher (where the chick's sides curve in then out, the belly button is just about there, maybe a tiny tad lower). sweatdrop I dunno; it could just be the way she's turned. But it should at least flow a little better.
If you don't want to adjust the torso so much you could thicken the bottom half of the tors a little (note: I mean, a little), just enough to match the top a little better. And you'd also have to lengthen the legs a big, but then you may have to thicken (and definitely) lengthen the arms (which by the way, don't change the size or shape of the arms if you're going to adjust the top half of the torso).
Also, perhaps a little definition in her left (our right) boob. Maybe round it a little more or something to match her right one.
If you'd like, you can just draw the clothes on her and adjust the anatomy while doing that. Clothes can hide the body's anatomical mistakes (depending on how revealing it is, if it's a bra and panties I don't think it'll help much rofl ).

Anyway, I like the pose. And you did a great job making the feet look like feet and twisting the body into a rather believable position. I hope what I said helps. And hopefully you'll get a second opinion just in case someone else has better tips. Good Luck! OH! And please post the final picture once you finish (no matter how long that takes).
blaugh

Ooo super long crit thanks lol. I think I see what you mean about the shoulders, I think I have a problem with those...as well as big heads lol. It is getting better though if I only have to shrink it a tad. I'll work on the upper torso...She's going to be wearing a long dress but it's stapless I believe so I would have to fix the shoulders lol.

I'll make sure to post it when I finish. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:03 pm
Kay! blaugh Lookin' forward to it! mrgreen Oh! And I almost always tend to have really long crits; that's just how I am.  

Tarff

Hayashi Kiko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:47 pm
Hmm... I can imagine it in my mind. xd It's actually like a very graceful woman right? *Imagines* 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:13 am
other than the already mentioned things i think that it would help very much if her head were tilted back to keep the line/the curve of that pose i think that it would help to make her neck less stiff-looking?
- hope this was helpful in some way nd do post the finished piece! biggrin

mangaoverdose

Fashionable Browser

5,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
Main Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers