Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
30 Upcoming sequels you didn't know about. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Countess Erzebeth Bathory

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:15 am
All of this is taken from this website.
Of course, we've already seen the trailers for The Mummy, but any movies you're shocked to see, would enjoy watching or completely keeping away from?

I'm the type that believes most sequels just shouldn't have been made.
But I really want to see The People Under The Stairs 2 it'll bring back some nostalgia.
And Silent Hill 2.

Quote:
The Brazilian Job: the follow up to Paramount’s US remake of The Italian Job is still on the cards, and it’s got a 2009 release date marked. Jason Statham, Mos Def, Mark Wahlberg and Charlize Theron are attached, as is director F Gary Gray.

I, Robot 2: All we know on this one is that it’s in the scripting stages still, with a potential 2010 release date planned in. No news on Mr Smith's involvement.

I Am Legend 2: Warner’s huge Christmas 2007 hit could also have a follow up, although it’d be interesting to see if Will Smith returned to it. A 2010 release date is also being mooted for this one.

Beverly Hills Cop 4: If Die Hard can still do it at the box office, why can’t Axel Foley? Er, because the third BHC movie was crap, and a flop. Still, it’s not stopped development work going ahead on number four. No further news than that, though.

National Treasure 3: Not a huge surprise, but as the Nic Cage Indiana Jones knock off franchise has proved to be quite a juggernaut, you’ll only have to wait until 2011 for the third film in the series.

Cars 2: We spotted this on AintItCool – is Pixar really looking to make a sequel to its weakest film? Apparently so…

Toy Story 3: This one, after lots of umming and ahhing, appears to be a goer. It won’t, as was speculated, be a straight-to-DVD affair, and Tom Hanks and Tim Allen are both expected back on voicing duties. It’ll be out in 2010.

Jeepers Creepers 3: MGM is running the rule over a potential third instalment in the horror franchise, with director Victor Salva still attached. Hmmm.

Shrek 5: The fourth film was a no-brainer after the tepid third outing made so much cash. But a fifth instalment has also been confirmed. No wonder Shrek is the same colour as an American dollar…

Night at the Museum 2: Ben Stiller is returning for his most commercially successful role outside of the Meet the Parents franchise. We can wait. No news on the proposed Meet The Little Focker, though.

Crank 2: High Voltage: This is more like it. Crank is a guilty pleasure right up there with Snakes on a Plane, and it’s coming back for more. Shooting starts next month, for a 2009 release, and Jason Statham returns as Chev Chelios. As he should.

Transporter 3: Statham again. He’s making this too, and it’s in pre-production. Presumably, he’ll go from Crank 2 straight onto this.

Super Troopers 2: A sequel nobody asked for! Hurray! Expect it in 2010, as it’s in the early writing stages still, we believe.

Silent Hill 2: Sony is looking at a follow up to the crap-but-popular video game adaptation. 2010 is the current slated release date.

The Descent 2: We understand that Neil Marshall won’t be directed this one, which has the, er, working title of The De2cent. He’s attached as Executive Producer, with Jon Harris stepping behind the camera (he edited the first film, as well as the more recent Stardust).

The Grudge 3: Yup, it’s in pre-production now, for release next year. That’ll likely be the scariest thing about it.

Ice Age 3: 1st July 2009. That’s the date you’ll need to avoid if you want to miss the next Ice Age movie. Hopefully it’ll be better than the second one…

Ghost Rider 2: A surprise hit last year, Marvel is developing a follow-up to the Nic Cage comic book flick, and tentatively has 2009 marked for release. No director is thus far attached.

The Untouchables: Capone Rising: A prequel to Brian De Palma’s cracking prohibition thriller of, er, twenty years ago. De Palma is back behind the camera, and the project is in the pre-production stages now.

The Thomas Crown Affair 2: Weird, this. It’s taken them ages to do a sequel, and then they draft in Paul Verhoeven to direct a follow-up to someone else’s film. Pierce Brosnan returns, and filming starts shortly.

The People Under The Stairs 2: No sign of any Wes Craven involvement, though, and release may even be this year. Hmmm. We'd wager DVD will be its home.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor: Er, that’s what they’ve called The Mummy 3, which is out on 1st August. Brendan Fraser and Jet Li star.

Punisher: War Zone: Ray Stevenson becomes the third person to play The Punisher on screen. You’ll be able to find out how he did on 12th September this year.

Starship Troopers 3: Marauder: Casper Van Diem is back, but it’s still going straight to DVD, as the piss-awful second film did. It’s due out later this year.

Pink Panther 2: Oh dear. And I’m a Steve Martin fan. It’s out on 13th February 2009.

Ace Ventura 3: No Jim Carrey though, and no chance of it seeing the inside of a cinema. Head to Blockbuster later in the year if you want to catch it.

War of the Worlds 2: The Next Wave: Another straight to DVD sequel, but this one’s of note because it’s directed by Soul Man/Hitcher star C Thomas Howell. Blimey.

Jurassic Park 4: It’s taken them ages to sort this out, but the latest is that Laura Dern is still attached, and that it’ll be released in 2009. Don’t hold your breath though, as shooting would need to start really very soon...

Scary Movie 5/Saw 5: You could have guessed at these if you didn’t know about them already. Both should see the light before the end of the year. Sadly.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:15 am
Shrek FIVE
National Treasure THREE

-headdesk-
-headdesk-
-headdesk-

Many of these original movies -were- very good, but sequels are not needed, and many not wanted.

War of the Worlds caught my eye, but as a disappointment more than anything. I fear that will be a let down. I am a fan of the original Wells story and they should not be making a 'second wave' movie. That's terrible.
If they're going to make another War of the Worlds movie, they should make it in line with the original. Today's filming techniques and technology on the original 19th century story? That would be awesome.

However. Silent Hill Two.
Now that I am excited about.  

Marcus McFlufferson

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:03 pm
yaaay I'm looking forward to the Brazilian job and Toy Story 3. But thats it.

Ugh why Shrek five?! WHHHY1

And jesus what are they going to do with Jeepers Creepers 3? The last one sucked.

Ice age 3 doesnt look so bad though  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:31 pm
Quote:

National Treasure 3: Not a huge surprise, but as the Nic Cage Indiana Jones knock off franchise has proved to be quite a juggernaut, you’ll only have to wait until 2011 for the third film in the series.

Cars 2: We spotted this on AintItCool – is Pixar really looking to make a sequel to its weakest film? Apparently so…

Toy Story 3: This one, after lots of umming and ahhing, appears to be a goer. It won’t, as was speculated, be a straight-to-DVD affair, and Tom Hanks and Tim Allen are both expected back on voicing duties. It’ll be out in 2010.

Jeepers Creepers 3: MGM is running the rule over a potential third instalment in the horror franchise, with director Victor Salva still attached. Hmmm.

Shrek 5: The fourth film was a no-brainer after the tepid third outing made so much cash. But a fifth instalment has also been confirmed. No wonder Shrek is the same colour as an American dollar…

Night at the Museum 2: Ben Stiller is returning for his most commercially successful role outside of the Meet the Parents franchise. We can wait. No news on the proposed Meet The Little Focker, though.

Silent Hill 2: Sony is looking at a follow up to the crap-but-popular video game adaptation. 2010 is the current slated release date.

The Grudge 3: Yup, it’s in pre-production now, for release next year. That’ll likely be the scariest thing about it.

Ice Age 3: 1st July 2009. That’s the date you’ll need to avoid if you want to miss the next Ice Age movie. Hopefully it’ll be better than the second one…

Ghost Rider 2: A surprise hit last year, Marvel is developing a follow-up to the Nic Cage comic book flick, and tentatively has 2009 marked for release. No director is thus far attached.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor: Er, that’s what they’ve called The Mummy 3, which is out on 1st August. Brendan Fraser and Jet Li star.

Pink Panther 2: Oh dear. And I’m a Steve Martin fan. It’s out on 13th February 2009.

Ace Ventura 3: No Jim Carrey though, and no chance of it seeing the inside of a cinema. Head to Blockbuster later in the year if you want to catch it.

Scary Movie 5/Saw 5: You could have guessed at these if you didn’t know about them already. Both should see the light before the end of the year. Sadly.

The ones left in the quote I already knew about long ago. Of course after seeing a few on the list with franchises I knew of, I left them on the lsit as well... We all kinda subconsiously knew....  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:56 pm
There was a second Starship Troopers? I'm not even sure how they made a movie out of the freakin' book. SERIOUSLY.

A few I've heard of, and the only one that doesn't really bother me is Toy Story 3, because the other two were superb movies.

Also, I am Robot/I am Legend/War of the Worlds/The Untouchables sequels? Are they ******** out of their minds?! Those are stand-alone movies, idiots.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:50 pm
I actually knew about a lot of them, I am excited for Super Troopers 2 and Silent Hill 2.  

Kenshin1387

g h a n i m a xatreides

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:13 pm
i'm excited about jurassic park and the mummy.

the few franchise i actually enjoy.

and ofcourse toystory! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:49 pm
Wow thanks alot for this. I didnt know about 2/3rds of them. smile  

xaviersxmen

JaeJae09

Magnetic Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:14 pm
I like the Shrek movies and all but what could they possibly do in a fourth one let alone a fifth....this is weird..
they can definitely drop the Jeepers Creepers 3. The first one was good. the second on was funny...and the third...welll i hope its good.
Why are they making a Grudge 3....i haven't even seen the second one..i heard it wasn't that good but idk.

i didn't even think half those movies would even be coming out with another one.
some of them were obvious but some just shouldn't have more than 2 or 3.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:09 pm
Jurassic Park 4? damn they kept getting crappier and crappier.
didn't even know there was a Starship Troppers 2
Untouchables 2 huh? taken them long enough... also i'm not excited about it at all.
i also heard they where making a Boondock Saints 2, i am exicted about that.  

Rishon

ReturnToOz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:41 am
User Image
Can't wait for;

The People Under The Stairs 2 (Had no idea they were doing this! I loved the 1st.)
Jeepers Creepers 3
The Descent 2
Ice Age 3
Saw 5

And others I'm looking forward to, if they count as a few of 'em aren't actually sequels;
Rest stop 2
Wrong turn 3
Friday the 13th remake
A nightmare on elm street remake (Hopefully.) If Robert Englund doesn't play Krueger I probably won't go see it, though.
Harry Potter and the half blood prince.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:10 pm
most of them i already knew of...most of them were no brainers...and some are just plain "wtf?"! seriously...the italian job is up there on i have to watch list...  

morbid_beauty

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:32 am
Quixotic Faye
There was a second Starship Troopers? I'm not even sure how they made a movie out of the freakin' book. SERIOUSLY.

A few I've heard of, and the only one that doesn't really bother me is Toy Story 3, because the other two were superb movies.

Also, I am Robot/I am Legend/War of the Worlds/The Untouchables sequels? Are they ******** out of their minds?! Those are stand-alone movies, idiots.

Agreed.
And yeah. There was a ST2. It was terrible.
x_________________x

That's how terrible it was.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:38 am
Quixotic Faye

i agree

and are u kidding, another super trooper movie, the other ones really sucked..  

Mister Shimo

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:19 pm
What about S. Darko... I couldn't believe it was real... I thought it was a joke.... but no... its not... and it makes me sad.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff