Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Friend Trouble

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kittycatsesshomaru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:50 pm
Ok, I know that everyone has had some friend trouble. So now I am in need of help. My friend Dion, she is great! I am mean great at everything that it pisses me off. She is the type of person that will confuse your words around and try and make fun of someone with her "high vocabulary". Then not only that, when ever I try to talk about my problems, she seems to think that hers are better and will not listen. When ever that happens I tend to throw it over my head and not care. But now I think its starting to get to me.
We have been friends for at least 3 or 4 years now. This used to never get me mad. But for the past few days she started saying some stuff that just got me so upset! Not huge stuff, just little stuff. Stuff that should not matter type of thing.
For example. I am almost 100% Italian. Maybe about 80% or 86%. But who cares right?. No. Dion is 100% Native American. I mean both parents, family, everything. Nothing wrong with that. Well a few days ago she told me that she had Italian in her. She said and I quote "Alicia I believe my grandma told me that I have about 3% in me" I was thinking, ok that's cool. But then she said this, and I quote again "Yeah, I believe that I have even more than you, maybe that's why I am a lot more beautiful than you. I guess I am just lucky huh".
When I heard that, all I could do was look at her. I didn't say anything, not a single word. But now that I think about it, I am like #@^$ing a! Why the hell didn't I say anything? That pissed me off so much, I could not believe it! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am telling you all. This is killing me. I have no clue what to do. I am not jealous or anything for the fact that she is somewhat better. But damn, can't she just AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I have no clue what to do, and we are going to hangout later today. So any help?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:32 pm
kittycatsesshomaru
I am not jealous or anything for the fact that she is somewhat better.

First off. She is NOT better than you, specially if she said something like the italian thing you mentioned. Talk to her about it. I know it's not easy, but bring it up somehow. If she says anything insulting, comfront her, don't let her get you down, cause that's probably what she wants to achieve subconsciously. If she's your best friend, talking to her should be slightly easier. Don't be afraid to "lose her" cause if she's really your friend and she's not using you, she'll understand, or digest it, even if you get in a fight when the topic comes up.  

Kerize

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chemicaled Roses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:14 pm
What a b***h. Excuse my language.

But I agree with Aqua. I think you said tell her how you feel. If she starts saying something cut her off and say you weren't finished. Maybe say you need to vent and would appreciate if she listened for once.

If that's a bit harsh for your usual way of handling things, you should tell her what's bothering you, if she cuts you off, you need to say something because she'll never know what's bothering you if you don't tell her.

Another reason may be that's she's jealous of you and the only way to make herself feel better about herself is to bring you down below her.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:39 am
Chemicaled Roses
What a b***h. Excuse my language.

But I agree with Aqua. I think you said tell her how you feel. If she starts saying something cut her off and say you weren't finished. Maybe say you need to vent and would appreciate if she listened for once.

If that's a bit harsh for your usual way of handling things, you should tell her what's bothering you, if she cuts you off, you need to say something because she'll never know what's bothering you if you don't tell her.

Another reason may be that's she's jealous of you and the only way to make herself feel better about herself is to bring you down below her.

I agree with her.(Chemical Roses, how can you agree with me if you posted before me. eek )  

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

shani26

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:29 am
I think you need a little brake from her, so she wont get on your nerve. brake is good it gives you time to miss someone.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:19 pm
Three words: Slap a b***h
Friends should never think they are better then there friends.
And if they do, at least have the courtesy to not voice it.  

Majix The Ninja

OMG-JuliaJean

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:05 pm
well did she say that stuff sarcastically or like she was actually serious?

if she said it seriously then you definetly need to ask what her problem is
and tell her not to talk to you like that anymore!!!! and no one is better
than anyone else!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:48 pm
First of all, I commend you for not saying anything. Whether it was your control over yourself or just the fact that you're appalled, it puts you in the better side.

Now, your "friend's" a little narcisstic there. Maybe it's just her ego getting to her. Maybe to her she's just kidding around, but do talk to her about it. Don't jump to conclusions, no matter how annoying it gets. Just tell her straight out or maybe in a subtle way that it's bothering you. A lot. Maybe she'll tone it down; who knows?

If she doesn't and/or you're really fed up with it, keep distance. Keep great distance. It doesn't matter if you've known each other since you're fetuses or not; if she does that to you, you're better off alone.

On the other side of things, maybe what she says just piled up on you or maybe it touched a sensitive topic for you. Make sure that you don't let it control your emotions and everything. Remember that you need to keep your cool, too. Let your frustrations out somehow. 3nodding  

desy1156

Invisible Raider

4,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Invisibility 100

f ii o r e ll a

4,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:13 am
You really shouldn't be calling her a friend if she's treating you like that. It's not the best advice I can give you but maybe you should hang out with people who don't make you so frustrated, it sounds hard since you've been friends for a few years but I think you'll be able to pull it off. I mean, she is using you so she can feel more superior, like, she is abusing her knowledge to obtain this superiority... err...don't know if that helped much. I can be very confusing...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:26 pm
Maybe it was the best to ignore her, especially, what are you going to say, what is your reaction. But the other side, was she serious or was she just joking around. Or was it to make her feel better than you.

Maybe you should talk about it with her. About how her parents are a native american. And does she has family members with Italian blood. And how can she has more than you. This isn't really correct and very onlogical.

You shouldn't be upset if she says things like this. You should talk about the matter. If she is your friend, she must understand how you feel.
And not about that. About her attitude towards you and others.
If she doesn't, don't bother to tell her about your problems if hers are more importmant (not, every problem from people are even importmant). Take distance of her. Maybe it is even better to hangout with other people and befriend with them or friends to best friends.  

Kirbisiscle

Chefeetaboopers

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:15 pm
No worries! You're not the only one annoyed! I have friends who one-up me like that, too! Like, I'm 50% German because my dad REALLY IS 100% German. I am also 12-ish% Choctaw(Native American), because my mom is 1/4 Choctaw. Well, my friends all say they're 50% German or full blooded German or have Blackfoot, or Apache, or some type of Native American blood and are ALWAYS competing by saying their family has more than us...
Then you have another friend who competes with me in everything! From boyfriends, to art classes(I was offered 35 bucks for a painting and she wasn't!), to cooking (even though I just proved her wrong by getting into a culinary arts school and she didn't!). It's just so annoying and I can't see why people just can't be happy!  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games