Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arriana_lynn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:34 am
I am 15 and I talk to myself. Is that normal? I have seen abuse in my family but still... I used to do it as a kid and apparently I have just never stopped. Someone please help!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:18 am
Internal- and self-dialogue is normal. However, what you want to be aware of is what you are saying to yourself. If your words and thought are often negative toward yourself, then that may be a sign of deeper issues and you'll want to seek help from a trusted adult or councilor. If you're just talking about random stuff in a passive tone, that's normal and healthy as long as it doesn't replace actual interaction with another person.  

nytshad

Arriana_lynn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:22 am
It doesn't. I still have friends and hang with them. It's never negative. The way I would describe it is like acting by myself or something when I talk to myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:39 pm
I suppose its normal, cause i do it too and ive caught my friends doing it when they don't know i'm there lol. don't worry about it smile  

Kerize

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

Anushax

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:07 pm
I do it to. Like if I plan on doing something I'll walk myself through the plan out loud. Or comment on something to no one at all but myself.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:14 pm
Thanks! I feel loads better, knowing that it's more common than I thought  

Arriana_lynn

shani26

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:32 pm
I talk to a one years old kid, and sometimes i say stuff i know she wouldn't understand, so i guess it is kind of like talking to myself. I feel normal about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:14 pm
Dude...I talk to myself all the time...its tight...except when joe starts talking back...he scares me  

Majix The Ninja

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff