94%
 94%  [ 65 ]
No
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 69

xXx21stCentryBreakdownxXx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:07 pm
Losing a pet is hard, and it really shakes up your world. These poems came with 2 of my pet's ashes, reading them always makes me cry, but in the end I feel better. Pika's touches me the most.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:07 pm
Trouble's poem:

Remember the pawprints
On the kitchen floor...
Tracked in mud as they
Came through the door.
Remember the pawprints
On the front of your shirt...
Or clearly placed upon your skirt.
Remember the pawprints
placed lovingly there
To gently remind you
They'll always be near

In loving memory of Trouble
Rescued on July 4, 2001
Passed on July 4 2007  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:08 pm
Pika's poem:

Just this side of heaven lies the Rainbow Bridge.
When a beloved pet dies, it goes to Rainbow Bridge.
It makes friend with other animals and frolics over the rolling hills and peaceful lush meadows of green. Our pets do not thirst or hunger. The old and sick become young once more; the maimed and the ill become healed and strong. They are as heathly and playful as we remember them indays gone by. Though happy and content, they still miss someone very special, someone they had to leave behind. Together, the animals chase and play, but the day comes when a pet will suddenly stop and look into the distance... bright eyes intent , eager body quivering. Suddenly recognizing you, your pet bounds quickly across the green fields and into you embrace. You celebrate in joyous reunion. You will never again seperate. Happy tears and kisses are warm and plentiful, your hand caress the face you missed. You look once more into the loving eyes of your pet and know that you never really parted. You realize though out opf sight, your love had been remembered.
And now you cross the Rainbow Bridge together.

In loving memory of Pika
aka Pika lika lou and Pika poca poco

Rescued November 10, 2004
Passed much too quickly November 19, 2006  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:15 pm
If you have lost a pet, feel free to tell stories about it. That makes me feel better  

anime_freak_kouga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:27 pm
I'm sorry about your beloved dogs =( But the poems are right, I love both poems. I liked the second one the best though.

I have only had one dog to get put to sleep. He was the first family dog and around a year before I was even born. He got sick... I heard him cry one morning and I ran into the kitchen where he was laying on his dog bed and he has his mouth slightly open, stuff body and was crying and almost gasping for air. I tried not to panic, I did pretty well. I tried to calm him down but nothing worked. So I ran upstairs and got my Mom... I then couldn't help but cry my eyes out. Mom and I then went downstairs and he was fine.
So we just kept a good eye on him that day.

Mom and my brothers went out one day so it was just Casper, my lil Sis and I at home. Casper was standing in front of me, he layed down and started to cry... the first thing that came to mind was it looked like he was having a seizure.

I told Mom when she got home what happened, we took him to the vet but she couldn't see anything wrong with him. I had described what he did and she said it did sound like seizures, but she couldn't be sure unless she saw it for herself.
So Mom and us kids slept downstairs with Casper so we could all be with him. He had a seizure during that night... a really bad one. He was crying and crying, like he was in so much pain, and his eyes were huge like he was scared out of his mind. As hard as it was to see him go threw that Mom grabbed the video camera so the vet could see what was wrong with him. The vet saw the video and it was confirmed, Casper was having seizures. What was it caused by?? No one knew, a brain tumor possibly. But at 16 1/2 years old there is NO way he could get a brain tumor removed and come out of it perfectly fine.... so we shared out last week with Casper. We have him more hugs and kisses during that one week then we probably did in a year.
I cry just thinking bout his seizures now. His cries, his scared eyes, and his heart pumping so fast afterwards.

The day before the Vet came to put Casper to sleep he was happy. He was smiling and playing with his toy, he knew. He knew that in one day he was going to not be in any pain anymore. I was happy that he was happy.

The day came and the door bell rang. My heart jumped into my throat... the Vet and her assistant came into the kitchen to where Casper was sleeping on his bed. His last nap, he barely even opened his eyes when Mom took him in to her lap. I held his paw while the needle was gently inserted into his arm... not even half of the euthanasia was injected and he was asleep forever....

I miss him so much but I know it was the best thing for him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:34 pm
I lost two cats one at its age of 18 the other at age 5.
to say lost is quite literal because i merely never saw them again first one then the other.
The third cat is still with me now at age 12.
When a fire broke out near my house (mile away)
i got things ready for if i had to move and was dismayed that it took me so long to grab my top treasured posession- a last picture of the younger lost cat.  

LadyLenolia

- Vet Tech - 2011

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:45 pm
I am very sorry about your losses.

These poems have really touched home, I'm currently grieving the loss of my baby girl Angel. She was a 4 year old (2 months away from being 5) female guinea pig. She was a petstore cross, but I had bonded with her since she was 2 weeks old and took her home when she was 4 weeks.
We had many good times and helped each other through the tough ones.
Sadly around the end of May she started having some health problems, and its been constant trips to the vet's and on August 3rd she passed away at 12:59pm. I had just gotten out of the shower, she was sitting on my bed/couch and she started making this sad and painful cry. Something I have never heard nor will I ever forget, and she started to seizure. I knew it was her time and I held her close and talked her through it and she passed away. She had a vet appointment schedualed for the Tuesday but didn't make it... Its been a tough couple days, not hearing her little voice when I wake up in the morning.

It also brings memories back of my old lab, Becky. She was put down a couple years ago at the age of 13 due to a cancerous tumor growing on her stomach. She dropped a ton of weight, and was in pain (she would wimper in her sleep) so we made the tough decision.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:48 pm
I've lost many pets.Fish,turtles,lizards,so many.The one that hot the hardest was my cat last year.I had her since she was a tiny kitten,barely able to fit in my hand.She died too young at the age of 8 from some weird sickness.She would eat like a horse but it would pass right through her,she became horribley thin from it.I wanted her to go to the vet or atleast be put to sleep humanely,but my parents just wouldn't do it ;-;  

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:56 pm
seizures are scary, my dog Lexie has had some off an on from an unknown cause, luckily she is still here.

I too have lost a cat to an unknown cause. Trouble was in a lot of pain for awhile. he started to lose weight and wasn't himself. Finally he started to cough up blood at around 3 in the morning we took him to a vet to be put down. To this day we don't know what happened  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:43 am
Those are very heartfelt poems. crying

I am going to move this thread to the Rainbow Bridge subforum where I think it can help the most people. 3nodding  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Lady Ayla of the Glades

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:51 pm
I have lost a my cocker spaniel Lady.She was a very special dog.I got home from school and read a book.Then my sis came home.My grandpa opened the gate and Lady ran out into the street.My sister chased after her but Lady got hit by a car.I think my sis said that the driver left without saying sorry.My sister went to the hospital with Lady and she said that Lady died on the way to the animal hospital.My family cried buckets.Thank you for listening.How do I get over a lost pet? crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying At least she is in a better place.God please take care of her.Do dogs go to heaven?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:14 pm
I lost my kitten, Fuzzy when I was younger. He was a surprise gift for me. However, my dad put dog medicine on him and it made him extremely sick. He was taken from one vet to another. It took weeks to cure him. He finally got better.
But he was an outdoor kitty, so I was used to seeing in the backyard just sitting on the little hill.
One day, he wasn't there. I found him near our backyard porch, frozen and dead. My dad put this stuff (forgot what it was called) in the backyard trying to kill one of our other cats.
I started bawling. My sister actually kicked his frozen paw trying to see if he was really dead. I screamed at her not to do that, screaming at her that he was dead.
This was not the first pet my dad killed. When it comes to our pets, I can't stand my dad.

Druggie Maurice

Greedy Giver

Solaris825

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:04 pm
I recently lost my horse. I've had her for 4 years and it was really sudden when she went. A friend of mine told me about this lady that makes vases and uses horse hair to decorate it so you can have a lasting memory of your horse. I think she might also do dogs but I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:22 am
Yes i have , Had to lil dog's and they was taking from my yard . made me real sad .  

Sis5555

Superwoman04

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:41 am
I have lost my dog Bo Bo long time ago( I still miss him)
My Dachshund was so sad for days for losing his big brother.

RIP Bo Bo  
Rainbow Bridge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces