Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
30 days of night Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tenjak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:04 am
I was deeply dissappointed with this one. I expected a lot more out of it, the filming was horrible, the acting was bad, and I hated the story line. I had to force myself to finish the movie.

anyone else agree?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:54 am
I agree 100%
The acting was horrible and it wasn't as gory as I wanted it too be.
I didn't even finish it - it was terrible. xp  

As_My_Heart_Breaks

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:50 am
Eh. I knd of liked it. It was scores better than the graphic novel it was based off of. But that's because they took out the unnecessarily confusing plot twists. x____X;;

I'd say it's probably the best American horror film to come out in the past few years. Which, truthfully, isn't saying too much about American horror. xD domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:25 pm
At least it was better than the generic "Japanese girl with long hair OH GOD" movies. Japan horror flicks are getting to much into that, similar to how all American horror films are either A: remakes B: remakes of films from other countries or C: Involve phones/technology as a sign of death (one movie where if you answered the phone you died...and also one missed call, and one movie had "ghosts in the computer").  

MegumiIzutaki

SinnerShadow

Obsessive Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:17 am
I loved it because of how gory it was but other than that it was disapointing. I thaught it was going to be a lot scarier making me have nightmares for weeks on end but NO! It didn't happen! But oh well it was a gory vampire movie, It was good in that aspect if nothing else.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:23 am
MegumiIzutaki
At least it was better than the generic "Japanese girl with long hair OH GOD" movies. Japan horror flicks are getting to much into that, similar to how all American horror films are either A: remakes B: remakes of films from other countries or C: Involve phones/technology as a sign of death (one movie where if you answered the phone you died...and also one missed call, and one movie had "ghosts in the computer").
All of the films that you specifically mentioned for phones/tech horror are actually remakes from Japan. xp domokun  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

xAngel of Mercyx

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,725 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:06 pm
HI
i'm new to the guild i was invited...i don't know why or how....but it looks like a cool guild so i decided to join.

i saw 30 days of night too....but most of these comments are right....i thought the movie would be better, from all of the things i had heard about it...but it really wasn't that good.

it was an overdone story line of vampires....it wasn't as well though out as it could have been.
PLUS more blood and guts can almost always make a movie better. what were the makers of this film not told!!! lol.

America really needs to get some new ideas for a movie!!! i mean "cloverfield" was okay but it's another over used story line. (a monster destroying a big city please so overdone!) Movie makers need to GET OFF THEIR a** and come up with new ideas for movies!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:39 pm
Hey I'm new too ^-^
But to the point-
I did not like that movie AT ALL!
The ending suxed big time, I mean didn't that girl kiss him or something shouldn't she have also turned into a vampire??
It was nice that they gave us a non-stereotypical vampire though...
But it still looked better in the preveiws xd

Rozen Kitten

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Tycoon 200

Blue Eyed Wallflower

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:52 pm
I still haven't seen this whole movie, but I'm a fan of the graphic novels and from what I have seen I am disappointed. It would have been great for them to actually follow the graphic novels and include some of the great material in them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:13 pm
I haven't seen this movie... but I have always been a fan of the comic by Steve Niles... it was one of my favorites and i pushed it onto all my friends... then when it came out my buddy told me how terrible the film was compared to the comic... and I can't bring myself to watch it... I mean from what I heard the plot was ok following comic... but just from asking my friends they left out some of the most important parts in the plot.  

Misfit_the

Fayte~n~Payne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:00 am
Finally, people agree. I hated that movie, Parts made no sense, Such as a vampire speak his language to an american woman and she understands, WTF?? lol but really bad movie!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:21 pm
The commercials were way more interesting than the movie. .__.
I didn't even finish it, it was so extremely boring.

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

Your Missing Period

IRL Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:39 am
Agreed.

I mean sure how they killed and exploded was alright, but that's the only good part. I had more fun watching the previews for it than the movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:53 am
The plot holes were huuuuuge. Also, my instinct that the movie made no sense from a living in Alaska perspective was confirmed by my friend who lives up in Barrow.  

Gwion Vaughn

Shameless Man-Lover

38,550 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:28 pm
Dont agree and when u think it was bad filming all directors have different ways!!! but i liked it alot PLus it was filmed here in nz  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff