Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
Hancock dissapointments Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Irish Immigrant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:35 am
Hancock Was the worst Hero movie ever!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:10 pm
i dont know i like it  

uiru the knight

The Queen of Sighs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:03 pm
Can't say I agree with 'worst ever', but it did sort of dissapoint me. I mean they advertised it just as your basic good hearted comedy then somewhere down the line its like 'ahhhh drama, death, love, DRAMA'. I unno, came off a bit cheesey to me.

It wouldn't have been as disapointing as if they advertised it correctly I think.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:39 pm
I went in thinking it was comedy also but got into it and really liked it. I liked the link between the wife and Hancock was very cute... 4laugh  

Lynssis

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:25 am
I liked it enough. I'm not sure how I feel about the twist in the middle, but it wasn't a terrible movie. I wish that Hancock stayed as down-and-dirty as he was in the beginning, to be honest...but other than that I'd say that it was a definite winner for me. And I appreciated that he was an original superhero...not based off of any comic book (that I know of, at least). domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:40 pm
I thought it was dissapponting. It was good at first, but then it started going in way too many directions, and I really couldn't stand the woman><.  

Pearl~Prynne

SeckZee Hoar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:22 am
Twas a waste of time. I almost fell asleep. My aunt and I hated the end. They came back to life?! Oh wow. -_-
--Pete--

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:42 pm
Maybe add some reason ? I liked it to be honest, not amazing but there
really is not too much out there this month which is better. 3nodding

T3h Antek

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:35 pm
Hancock wasn't really a great film. Not the worst superhero movie ever made (that title goes to X3), but definitely disappointing. In a summer where it was up against The Dark Knight, Iron Man, and the Watchmen trailer, Hancock didn't stand a chance. Sure it was different from your typical superhero fare, but it tried to be so many different things, that it just failed.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:48 am
Otakkun
I liked it enough. I'm not sure how I feel about the twist in the middle, but it wasn't a terrible movie. I wish that Hancock stayed as down-and-dirty as he was in the beginning, to be honest...but other than that I'd say that it was a definite winner for me. And I appreciated that he was an original superhero...not based off of any comic book (that I know of, at least). domokun

OH! You think transformers sucks but you like Hancock? IT HAD NO ENDING!  

xXDragon FoxXx

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:38 am
RedWhiteBlack
Hancock wasn't really a great film. Not the worst superhero movie ever made (that title goes to X3), but definitely disappointing. In a summer where it was up against The Dark Knight, Iron Man, and the Watchmen trailer, Hancock didn't stand a chance. Sure it was different from your typical superhero fare, but it tried to be so many different things, that it just failed.

Haahhaahaha really? X-men 3? I would have put Spiderman 3 before X-men 3... i mean i agree I didn't like X-3 but yea know... Spiderman 3 was terrible....

Anyway... I thought Hancock was a half and half movie... the beginning was ok... I actually was starting to like it... until about half ways when the plot goes south... it just gets sloppy... and boring... so... it had potential to be ok... about superheros being more "human" ... yet again nothing tops Watchmen on reality of superheros...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:45 am
Misfit_the
RedWhiteBlack

Haahhaahaha really? X-men 3? I would have put Spiderman 3 before X-men 3... i mean i agree I didn't like X-3 but yea know... Spiderman 3 was terrible....

Anyway... I thought Hancock was a half and half movie... the beginning was ok... I actually was starting to like it... until about half ways when the plot goes south... it just gets sloppy... and boring... so... it had potential to be ok... about superheros being more "human" ... yet again nothing tops Watchmen on reality of superheros...

Well, it was a toss up between X3 and Spiderman 3 for me. I couldn't decide, and I figured X3 hadn't gotten a good bashing in a while XD.

But yeah, Hancock was alright until about the middle when Hancock went from all "down and dirty, take no s**t superhero" to "Hancock the reformed superhero." They tried to compare him to Batman and Superman, in a way, with his origins and his storyline. But ultimately, it just failed.

And yes, Watchmen is epic in it's portrayal of superheroes as people. I'm of course referring to the graphic novel, but hopefully the movie will be just as epic.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:35 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Misfit_the
RedWhiteBlack

Well, it was a toss up between X3 and Spiderman 3 for me. I couldn't decide, and I figured X3 hadn't gotten a good bashing in a while XD.

But yeah, Hancock was alright until about the middle when Hancock went from all "down and dirty, take no s**t superhero" to "Hancock the reformed superhero." They tried to compare him to Batman and Superman, in a way, with his origins and his storyline. But ultimately, it just failed.

And yes, Watchmen is epic in it's portrayal of superheroes as people. I'm of course referring to the graphic novel, but hopefully the movie will be just as epic.

Although quite like I am Legend... Will Smith gave a performance that was more than the movie deserved... I wish they would put him in a worthy movie... because he is an excellent actor.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:32 pm
it was frankly a wanna-be movie...it wanted to b tough and awesome and "WHOAH" i think the only ppl that would think that are little 10 year old kids who have never seen a pg-13 movie  

scoops0011

Xx_Ur_Sweeti3 _Viol3t _xX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:38 pm
This movie SUCKS!!!! W.Smith have been in other movies the rock,but this is definitly not his best work in my opinion.  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff