Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
What's up with the Twilight Movie?????? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think that Robert Pattison was a good choice for Edward?
  Yup
  Nope
  HE ROCKS!!!!!!!
  Robert who?
View Results

XxDarkHopexX

850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:06 pm
In my perspective, Robert Pattison was the wrong choice for Edward. Recently I've seen some trailers that are pretty promising to permit a pretty good movie. You can already see that the movie is going to be nothing like the book. *Sigh* Post Please  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:17 pm
Robert will ruin the WHOLE movie. burning_eyes stressed crying crying scream gonk cry emo  

The Black Eclipse

_shuriken7_

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:07 pm
Personally, I don't think Twilight is going to transfer to film well at all. It's going to be interesting to see if they will hold true to the essence of the book at all or just try to make an exciting vampire romance movie. I'll probably end up having to go with my sister to the movie so she can complain the whole time since she's a big fan of the books.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:24 pm
_shuriken7_
Personally, I don't think Twilight is going to transfer to film well at all. It's going to be interesting to see if they will hold true to the essence of the book at all or just try to make an exciting vampire romance movie. I'll probably end up having to go with my sister to the movie so she can complain the whole time since she's a big fan of the books.
my best friend found half of its rough draft script on some underground site... we read it and its good, but nothing like the movie... we think the producer leaked it so major fans could find it & go ahead and get over their disappointment before seeing the movie, you know- except the differences and embrace the new vision... X.x stupid if you ask me...  

666bloodlust13

mak28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:34 pm
movies based on books usually suck compared to the book. so ive com to expect this kind of thing. but ill still go see it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:05 am
The books aren't masterpieces. Entertaining, but way overrated.
I don't like Kristen Stewart as Bella, but I disliked Bella in the book anyway.

Actually, looking at what the actors look like in the pictures I've seen, I didn't imagine any of them that way.
I was imagining them all with this intense beauty and I see the actress who plays Bella and I think I could say she may even outshine them.

I think Robert Pattison is probably the best they have in that cast.
Using some of the pictures I've seen as reference, he does fit the tall, dark and handsome appearance Edward did.
But in others he looks way too shabby...

I'll watch the movie.
Because I'm sure it will at least be entertaining.
I'll either enjoy seeing how filmmakers change everything about a movie once again, or it might genuinely be entertaining.

Countess Erzebeth Bathory

Kitsune Rin Yamamoto

Hopeful Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:37 pm
I didn't have a problem with robert playing edward, i just didnt like the other people they got to play the rest of the vampires...except victoria... everyone else i was expecting to be way more beautiful.

Roberts voice is really close to what i heard edwards voice as.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:34 pm
The first second I heard that they were making a Twilight movie, I knew it would be nothing like the book. With books, like that, the movies never are like the actually story.
Also, I don't mind Robert Patterson in Harry Potter, but there's something about him as Edward that scares me, and I'm not kidding. Every time I see a picture of Edward from the movie I start freaking out. (Worst senario: I started clawing at my eyes screaming. Best senario: I just quickly looked away and started kind of hyperventalating. I've never freaking out this much other than Zac Efron.)  

LucyInTheSkyWithDiamondsX

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

killerpuchuu12

2,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:11 pm
Honestly, I think they're gonna kill the movie completely. He is really a bad choice and it will possibly lead to armies of angry fangirls all over the country going after him and the rest of the cast.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:48 am
As long as Robert can the crooked smile and put chills up my spine i will be fine.  

pepper79

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100

hope euphoria

7,825 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:45 am
i thought robert was a good choice until i saw the trailers. i don't think he'll be that good. also i don't think that he'll be able to pull off edward's infamous crooked smile.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:07 pm
im not obsessed with the books, mainly cos they didnt hold my interest like i had hope. I personally dont see the big deal about the movie, most movies that are based off books dont turn out like the book. Which has probably something to do with some legal reasons, but i dunno. I dont think ill go see it though, unless one of my obsessed friends invites me, but im load my self up on sugar so that way i wont have to focus all that much. but then again this is my own damn opinion, so dont be hating me just cos of it. D<  

Iracebeth_Red Queen

Todays Tomorrow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:02 am
killerpuchuu12
Honestly, I think they're gonna kill the movie completely. He is really a bad choice and it will possibly lead to armies of angry fangirls all over the country going after him and the rest of the cast.

I completely agree with you. But I also really hope we're wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:05 am
i think Robert is going to be fine and Edward.......now Jake not so much......i think the books will be better but the movie will still be good.....Have any of you been to any of the any of the websites for Twilight!!!!!! or Stephenie Meyer's website!!!!!! she says that who they chose for Edward is perfect and Bella too!!!!! "I am ecstatic with Summit's choice for Edward. There are very few actors who can look both dangerous and beautiful at the same time, and even fewer who I can picture in my head as Edward. Robert Pattinson is going to be amazing." Stephenie's exact words......check for yourself at http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_movie.html its towards the bottom under a pic of him when they found Robert as the actor.....have fun  

monkey_bubbles_1995

kt_tashee_xoxo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:16 pm
I also think books are always better than the movies, but I am looking forward to seeing this anyway!  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff