Reply The Animal Lovers Guild
LOOKING FOR MODERATORS!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ailinea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:47 am
Sorry for the caps, I was hoping it would get your attention.

ZOMG I live! I know, I rarely go on Gaia anymore. Hence the reason for this thread! I need new moderators, active ones that can keep this guild clean while I'm not here. Please respond to this message (or PM me if you feel more comfortable doing that) with reasons why you would be a good moderator, as well as anything that might help me consider you more for the position. Good luck to you!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:30 am
Hello! I am new to this guild, so I feel a bit weird asking to be a mod, but hey, maybe I got what it takes!

I have been rescuing animals my entire life. So it was only natural that I would eventually join a Wildlife and Exotic animal rescue at some point! I joined five years ago, and since then I have been working hard traveling all around South Carolina to help educate the public about wildlife and exotics. Since joining I have worked with small mammals such as squirrels, sugar gliders, and opossums, to larger mammals such as raccoons, foxes, skunks, and even a few big cats! I am currently finishing my training to work with large birds of prey such as owls, falcons, and hawks.

As I stated before, it is my job to help educate the public about how to co-exist with wildlife and how to avoid creating problems with exotics. We travel to schools, libraries, and do several conferences throughout the year with Clemson University to discuss new methods of wildlife rehabilitation with their Biology staff. On top of that, we work very closely with our local DNR wardens to assist in confiscations of illegal "pets", and to save animals from harmful people. We work very hard, and risk our own safety to do such things, because we are the only wildlife rescue in South Carolina DNR is willing to work with. If you would like to visit our website to make sure I'm no phony, here's ya linkage.

http://www.foothillsrescue.com/index.htm

I am able to answer just about any wildlife/exotic questions you can throw at me, and I'm [usually!] more than happy to! I know this was kind of long, and I do apologize. sweatdrop

But thanks for your time. =]

-Mairose  

Mairose
Crew

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The Animal Lovers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash