Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Starship Troopers... A flop or Amazing misunderstood Hit?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheBigBadWerewolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:31 pm
Personaly, This is my favorite movie. I could watch this a million times over and still love it. But this thread is just for the movie, anyone's questions comments and concerns will be adressed, or hey you just wanna post your opinion go ahead.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:01 am
I saw it a long time ago, but I don't remember much about it.

It did well at the box office and has many fans so it's not a flop.
They're making another sequel, so I would say it was a hit.  

kool ken

alvhinne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:39 pm
same as you... i was also watching it a couple of times when i was in college... the soldier vs. alien war in an open terrain is cool. idk w/ the following sequels are good since idk any of those actors in it...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:17 pm
i watched number 3 the otherday with my dad and it SUCKED!!  

pepper79

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100

TheBigBadWerewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:49 pm
Probably the only reason i found myself buying the third movie was because the seires hold a place in my heart, like Alvhinne mentioned before the concept of a "few vs. many" "soldier vs. alien" "human vs. bug" concept was embraced in one film making it just a great entertaining movie. But the third should have been brought as the second and the original second film just cut all together.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:47 am
I loved the first one, though at first I was like..O_O Kind of lame! but then I was like..Okay maybe not. rofl I never saw the second and third one though, they didnt look to good. the third one looked atrocious.  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

onagakami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:44 am
The original film is a great movie. The thing most people fail to notice is that it's a satire of modern culture and war. (Note the propaganda videos: "Want to know more?") They disguise it in sudsy teen nonsense, but the truth is it's more than it seems on the surface.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:46 am
i have seen all 3 of them and i liked the first one much better then the rest  

Souske_the_assasin

alvhinne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:23 pm
Feather of Sal Kar
Probably the only reason i found myself buying the third movie was because the seires hold a place in my heart, like Alvhinne mentioned before the concept of a "few vs. many" "soldier vs. alien" "human vs. bug" concept was embraced in one film making it just a great entertaining movie. But the third should have been brought as the second and the original second film just cut all together.

like starcraft game to me... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:27 pm
Totally loved it when i 1st watched it use to own it on vid but who knows where that gone.....

Theres a 2nd and a 3rd starship troppers now i seen the 2nd and it was nothing like the 1st one... IT SUCKED

yet to see the 3rd  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces