Reply Rainbow Bridge
No heart is too small, One special hampster

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BrierDoe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:42 pm
Ive had birds and cats and dogs all my life, but one day me and my family moved into an apartment were cat sized animals or bigger werent alloud, I was feeling rather lonely after having to give my def cat littl bit to someone else, so one day my mom decided she would let me pick out a pet that was small and easy to handle, I chose a hampster because they were cute and tiny, my mom picked him out for me because he had areally really fuzzy butt and he was the fist to lick my moms hand, we took him home and never once did he bite us or pee or poo on us lol, he was a black and white teddybear hampster, we named him stinker because when he was in his ball he liked to ram into peoples feets :3
I would call his name and he would come dashing to the front of the cage as so to be taken out and played with, he never tried to run away but cuddle up against you and rest or steal little treats from my hand, i grew emotionally attatched to him in the fist two years of his life, I taught him tricks like stand up, play dead, and and to count by tapping his front paw, I know this is wierd but i would place my head close to him and he would give me lil kisses T-T,I knew he probably wouldnt live long learning just recently that hampsters only lived for about three years, It came as a surprise to me that he lived almost double that, I woke up like every morning ready to greet my little happy hammy, I called his name but no scurryness exceeded him he druged slowly to the front of the cage leaving a trail of blood behind him, I was frightened and scared to pick him up too afraid to hurt him, I looked at his face, he was definatly ill seeing one eye bigger then the other, I knew his time had come, I opened his cage and placed my hand as so he could crawl on me, he slowly climed too weak to do the things he used to do, as he tumbled raggedly in my hand, I turned the light on and placed him on the couch were i normally made him do his tricks only this time he stepped toward the edge ready to go and new what the routine was, stood without my say so trying so hard to please me, his tiny frail body shook from his wieght, now not able to hold it, I took him to the vet as soon as possible were the vet examined him and marked a peice of orange paper, he told my mom and dad that he was dieing of kidney failure and the best thing to do was put him to sleep, my mom not fond with stinker began to cry for she knew how much he was loved by my brothers and I, I began to cry too at how close he was to my heart, The vet said he didnt know why he kept holding on and that he should have already of been dead, I still dont know why either, that afternoon he was put to sleep, Im kinda thankful i didnt have to see him pass, I t would have hurt my heart to much to see this strong inteligent animal fade away before my eyes, I was at school.Thank you so much for reading this if you had the time I just wanted people to know that no matter how small or simple an animal seems, doesnt mean it is...I miss my hammy more then any other pet ive ever had, and the most intelligent,He was 5 years old when he passed and ill always hold the memories we shared,Ill always miss you baby T-T I still cry about it at night  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:01 am
smile  

Sis5555

Moon-Sugar-Kitten Two

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:57 pm
Awww,thats so sad!I kinda felt like crying after I read that >w<  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:28 am
I feel bad for you and I know how you feel. I used too have 24 hamsters one time and it grew to 36. The first two hamsters were Coco and Vanila (boy and girl) They had two twins named kisses and so on. 3nodding  

Therese Psyche Reeve

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:11 am
wow. you really took good care of your hamster!! 5, that's amazing. Im sorry he had to pass away, i had to put my hamster down because he had blood clots and he was really sick emo
maybe there friends up in hamster heaven ^-^  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:13 pm
that made me think of how old my lil humphrey is getting. Crud, now im crying XD iddin't know the ycould learn tricks though.  

Knife Wife Toga

Silvaze 4ever

2,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:24 pm
omg i had a gueinea pig so sad im srry  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:07 am
AWWW *cry cry cry* im so sorry!! i have a hamster he keeps on biting me!!! but teddy bear hamsters r friendlyer the BLACK BEAR HAMSTERS!!! black bear hamsters r more likely2bite rolleyes  

JoJo1130

Rainbow Bridge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff