Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Labyrinth *Spoilers* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phenix of darkness

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:30 pm
This Movie was really good with David Bowie playing in it...but ya kinda felt bad for him after he didnt get the girl he loved...but it was kinda his fault for comming on so strong and stealing her brother. anyways, tell me what you think of the movie?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:54 am
I love this film, I saw it when I was about 6 and became a Bowie fan for life!
I love the music, and the costumes and the puppets and everything!
I think Sarah was kinda stupid for not going with Jareth though. I mean come on! Who wouldn't have? xd  

Kattinka

Feral Kitten

10,450 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Partygoer 500

ammanime

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:17 pm
i grew up w/ this as one of the popular mocies in my house^^
luv it, but egads, sara is a selfish idiot...drama queen, but not sll the time at least  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:33 pm
I watched it once with my dad several years ago. the plot line was okay, but it was just a little old for me, no offense or anyhting. sweatdrop  

Todays Tomorrow

rainbow_in_the_dark

Magical Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:45 am
It is a fun little movie. I enjoyed it greatly.

She was wise for not living with Jareth. He wanted her to submit totally to him then she would have had anything she wanted but she would still have been under him.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:18 pm
OMFG I HAVE RENTED THIS MOVIE MORE THEN 50 TIMES!!!!!!!!! I really should buy it.......... anyway i love that movie!  

PrayForUs

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:39 pm
I watched this movie for the first time when I was 17. Having never watched it before, put hearing all of the hoopla about it, I figured I would give it a go.

Well, I must say, it's not the most amazing piece of film out there, but it's definitely fun.

I can see why most people enjoy this movie. It's not good in any right (Jennifer Connelly's acting is just terrible), but because it has become such an integral part of our culture, it has been deemed a "cult classic" of sorts.

Many people watched this movie at some point in time during their early childhood, and as such, when people think back to it some years down the road, they remember how much they enjoyed the movie and it brings back all those fond childhood memories. If it wasn't Labyrinth that the child watched, it was maybe another one of similar nature. For me, it was Batman. I remember fondly the old Batman cartoons of the 1990s, and they bring back such good childhood memories. For another child, it may have been The Muppets. For another, Power Rangers. In many cases, these films and television shows aren't great, but because they have such a strong connection to our childhood, they will continue to live on in pop culture.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:17 am
I love this movie....I love it so much that after years I finally got it and watched it like 10 days in a row...then I knew that I wanted the soundtrack....which did exsist....just a pain in the ars to find...eventually I went to Down In the Valley (awesome store) and was searching and searching for it, then the guy at the cash register said that if I wanted, they could just order it.... 4laugh So naturally I did and thanked the guy...but I had to wait fricken 2 weeks, but when I got it, I couldn't stop listening to it....except for number 5 I think it is...5 or 7 with those stupid creepy wild things....the red singing things....they creep me out and the song is creepy too....  

Sage_Hirihono

Interesting Friend

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Adella the Siren

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 am
Loved the movie and the soundtrack to bits. I saw the ballroom scene on a postcard at Hot Topic one day; it was so beautiful I asked the cashier what movie it was from, and I was hooked from there. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:42 am
Loved this movie too. I saw it when I was 8 and loved the songs.  

Megumi667

Organization13_Larxene

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:48 am
david bowie is so cute!! i loved his hair!!

i remember i got it for easter, when i was like... 5 or something... i can't really remember!!

OH WELL I LOVE BLUDO!!! ME AND KD (SISTER) ALWAYS MIMIC HIM...

"bludo... down!!"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:25 pm
Bowe is wonderful! *bows down to his Boweness*

I was a little sad that they didn't end up together and that the movie wasn't really that long.

I sorta wish that they would do a remaking of Labyrinth...

The technology was lacking back then.. We've come a long way. To bad we don't really have another David Bowe though....:/

Someone got a frozen David Bowe anywhere?  

cannibal-peach

5,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100

Violet Okalani

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:37 pm
I agree that some of Labyrinth’s major appeal is the lingering emotional attachments from our childhood; However, I personally enjoy it for its content, rather than just fond memories.

When I was younger I loved it for its loveable characters, lighthearted singing, and funny antics. As I got older I also appreciated its symbolic representation of a girl making the somewhat dramatic transformation from child to adult. A fine example is her teddy bear. In the beginning Sarah is seen as a daydreamer who can’t even find it in herself to give her stuffed teddy bear to her baby brother, becoming enraged. By the end of the movie we see her with quite a different attitude; she now willingly gives her baby brother the bear. This is the result of her journey though the labyrinth, a journey into adulthood. Overcoming outside forces and temptations, she now has the ability to set childish thinking aside, and take on responsibility, while maintaining the courage to be herself.

I think this is where the Labyrinth really shines as a great movie, not in the special effects(which was considered great for 1986) or eye candy, and not just its fun loving nature that reminds us of our childhood, but in its underlining depth that we can all relate to. At one point we must all make the journey though the Labyrinth.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:49 am
I adore this movie! It inspires me to write stories.  

Lillith09

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

RandomPrincess~^_^~

Questionable Gaian

32,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:37 pm
I love this movie and Dark Crystal! Jim Henson had great ideas!! ^_^ okay, I'll admit I also like the muppets  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff