Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
Beowolf. -.- Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masterbot____46135

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:25 pm
I would have to say Beowolf (sp?) would have to be the movie i think is pointless and worthless. It didnt have a point and it was just a waste of time to sit down in the movie theator and watch it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:14 pm
*Beowulf.

And I disagree. At the very least it was a firm step forward in showing the general public just how close we are to making realistic movies using only CG and so on and so forth.

I'm not gonna go into further detail about the point of the story itself as that would no doubt result in spoilers and the likes and to be perfectly honest, I'm too lazy to do so considering the fact that a quick google would probably provide you with plenty of answers that you apparently missed while watching the movie.

Don't get me wrong tho', I'm not saying it's "zomg laike teh l33t awesomeness", but I dare say you're overreacting just a tiny little bit.
Plus you don't really give any reasons.

But oh well.  

Contra Mundi
Crew

Sylvannas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:39 am
Beowulf was alright. Not great, not terrible.

It's safe the say, the film is a bit pointless, but the fact that it's completely CG is great. After a while I forgot it wasn't real actors and just watched it as if I was watching people.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:41 pm
I didn't want to see it because it looked like a badly amped movie based on the original story. we had to read Beowulf for class, and it's a great epic full of depth and moral, but doesn't the movie twist up the story (Beowulf and Grendel's mother have an affair?!).  

Kerameia

Sylvannas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:04 am
Kerameia
I didn't want to see it because it looked like a badly amped movie based on the original story. we had to read Beowulf for class, and it's a great epic full of depth and moral, but doesn't the movie twist up the story (Beowulf and Grendel's mother have an affair?!).
Yes, it's true, Beowulf and the Siren (Grendel's mum) have an affair and make a child which is the dragon at the end of the movie that Beowulf dies killing.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:02 pm
Well soorrry for not putting alotta reasons for ya. To me i just thought it was 'pointless' and yes, i do agree that the way the character's forms.. like w/e u guys were saying CG or w/e. Yeah that part was awesome and everything. Really kewl. But jeez.  

Masterbot____46135

MCT257

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:46 pm
To be perfectly honest I never liked the actual Beowulf myth so the story couldn't (and didn't) hook me but I still had hopes that the movie would bring out something in the story that I could enjoy. It just didn't do it for me...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:05 am
I didn't like it much either. I thought the animation was great. I only wish they choose a better myth to use teh animation on.  

the Forever Warrior

Adorable Vampire

11,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Edward 100

Twilightchick372

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:59 pm
I didn't care for it but it wasn't terrible, I mean the graphics were AWESOME but I think the book was a lot bette personally.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:54 pm
the CG stuff was amazing!!!
the plot however.....well, it was OK. they kind of made Beowulf into an a*****e. I prefer the story much more...sorry
there was another version that was made by SciFi called Grendal, I personally like that version much better.......
it's 50/50 neutral  

Icamane--Hatake

Icamane--Hatake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:57 pm
Sylvannas
Kerameia
Yes, it's true, Beowulf and the Siren (Grendel's mum) have an affair and make a child which is the dragon at the end of the movie that Beowulf dies killing.

Really? I never knew that......that's weird! O.o  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:04 pm
Beowulf was a movie that I would not see over and over, but I might see it on saturday nights in a line up of other movies I rent.

I think, personally, the movie was more of a test on the public on how they would react on the animation, because thats what all the movies of the future will look like. The story of Beowulf was just a perk of sorts.

Also, I kind of notesed that when you first see Siren, she comes out wherein prada heels. I remember when I studied Beowulf in my English class how Siren is meant to represent the last traces of evil or the last hurrah of the devil. as christianity came into the picture. So it comes to the saying "the devil wheres prada" lol  

Yenrex

4,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Invisibility 100

Alice Cooper Rockstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:25 am
I thought the graphics and action of the movie were pretty good but according to my sister the story line of the movie was terrible due to the fact that it didnt follow the book very well at all. I saw it once and that was the last time I will see it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:46 pm
oof.
I'm a geek. I liked FFVII's graphics better...
I don't know about this movie. The plot was twisted up in a lot of ways...
Nobody shoot me, plz... gonk  

MearaT

Rainbow Raider

Waterarcheress

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:54 pm
Everyone's saying how the movie didn't follow the poem worth crap. I thought it would be an awsome movie, but when I saw the whole thing was animed me and my brother were like ' scream WTF?! I paid $5 to see a rip-off like this?!"

Maybe this is shallow of me, but I felt that the whole movie being animated downgraded the movie from being kick-a$$ to a pre-teen movie. I couldn't stop thinking that I was watch a really bad and pointless Final Fantasy clip.  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff