Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Grindhouse: Planet Terror VS. Death Proof Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

funncatt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:41 pm
Which was better? biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:13 am
I've only seen Death Proof because of all the praise the movie had gotten, but I'd have to say I was kinda disappointed u_u Most of it was girls talking and every now and then Kurt Russel appeared and did something awesome.  

ali is ridiculous

Venom916

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:04 pm
i thought that both were great in their own way  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:27 pm
ali is hysterical
I've only seen Death Proof because of all the praise the movie had gotten, but I'd have to say I was kinda disappointed u_u Most of it was girls talking and every now and then Kurt Russel appeared and did something awesome.

Death Proof got all the praise? Where are you getting your information? I was under the impression that most critics praised Planet Terror and bashed Death Proof. But whatever. To each his own.

I personally like Death Proof more than Planet Terror, purely because of its entertainment value. Planet Terror is clearly the superior movie because of it's production values (or lack thereof) and it's faithfulness to the grindhouse genre of B movies. But I find Death Proof to move much more quickly and not be as plodding and thoughtful (as it can be for a B movie) as Planet Terror. I love zombie movies, but nothing beats a good 20 minute car chase.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:22 am
Death Proof by a longshot for me! I loved the purddy cars and the ladies! They were so funny, especially Kim, Zoe, and Abernathy! Kim had me rolling the entire time she was on screen! Plus, she and Abernathy were not hard to look at at all. ;-]

Planet Terror was pretty good, too, but they kinda lost me when they killed the doggy. I'm a stickler for dog deaths. It crushes me spirit.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:34 am
I REALLY love Planet Terror. I liked the style the movie was show, reel-like I mean. I t was quite hilarious when the sex scene came up and the reel was missing and goes back to the movie with JT's restaurant on fire. It cracked me up. And I can't deny El Wray, that guy was extremely hot.

Death Proof was really good but I didn't really like much of ALL the talking that was going on. Especially when first seen and you have no idea as to what's going on. Car chase was awesome and so was the ending.

What I don miss though are the spoof previews to movies. Were Women of the SS, Don't, Thanksgiving, Machete, and I don't remember if there are any other ones. Last I heard, Machete is in production.

Bartimaeus13

10,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:36 am
Chibi no Samurai
I REALLY love Planet Terror. I liked the style the movie was show, reel-like I mean. I t was quite hilarious when the sex scene came up and the reel was missing and goes back to the movie with JT's restaurant on fire. It cracked me up. And I can't deny El Wray, that guy was extremely hot.

Death Proof was really good but I didn't really like much of ALL the talking that was going on. Especially when first seen and you have no idea as to what's going on. Car chase was awesome and so was the ending.

What I don miss though are the spoof previews to movies. Were Women of the SS, Don't, Thanksgiving, Machete, and I don't remember if there are any other ones. Last I heard, Machete is in production.

You've got to be shrooming me!! xD That's so funny! I'm a lil sad that Thanksgiving isn't the one in production. That one was frickin hilarious!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:43 am
I saw both in the movie theatre and I liked them both. I guess I would say that Planet Terror I liked more because of one scene... Most guys in the theatre screamed and cupped their manhoods because of it. It's the scene where one of the zombie guys dropped his pants and was about to rape one of the girls but wasted alot of time so his manhood was falling down. FUNNY but SICK!!!  

Lustful Mistress Panda

Bartimaeus13

10,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:05 am
Raging_Blazing_Fire7
Chibi no Samurai

You've got to be shrooming me!! xD That's so funny! I'm a lil sad that Thanksgiving isn't the one in production. That one was frickin hilarious!

on imdb.com Machete is in production. CAN'T WAIT!!!! whee whee whee whee whee  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:23 pm
I dont know, mainly because I have yet to see Planet Terror but I want to. I saw Death proof. It was okay but the beginning was confusing and there was way to much talking. It was like...Uh? is something actually goinng to happen or are we just going to sit here and listen to them talk about nothing? confused

The ending was epic though.  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:06 am
Death Proof is actually one of my favorite movies...and it sports the best car chases ever. All of the talking and whatnot really sets up the characterization and suspense for what is going to happen!

I haven't seen Planet Terror yet, though. I heard it was terrible. sad But, I'm still going to see it sometime! domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:24 am
ive only seen Plante Terror and all i can say it wat a cheesey Movie  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

GilAskan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:53 am
I enjoyed both films, but I thought Planet Terror was vastly better. The problem with Death Proof, honesty, is Quentin Tarantino. The two films were meant to be homages of grindhouse, but Death Proof felt like Quentin Tarantino was doing an homage to himself.

Neither film exactly gets the grindhouse homage right, but the elements used to make up "Planet Terror" are clearly more referencial to the genre. And better yet, Planet Terror is actually a very entertaining film.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:23 pm
I loved them both.
Planet Terror had more of a story line but Death Proof had the best ending in the world.  

Jimmy_Squarefoot

Niran_Betta_Fish

Swashbuckling Man-Lover

37,190 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:46 am
GilAskan
I enjoyed both films, but I thought Planet Terror was vastly better. The problem with Death Proof, honesty, is Quentin Tarantino. The two films were meant to be homages of grindhouse, but Death Proof felt like Quentin Tarantino was doing an homage to himself.

Neither film exactly gets the grindhouse homage right, but the elements used to make up "Planet Terror" are clearly more referencial to the genre. And better yet, Planet Terror is actually a very entertaining film.

I pretty much agree. As cool as it was to see the stunt women in particular do amazing stuff, my heart belongs to Planet Terror.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff