Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Phantom of the Opera Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

McLenin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:03 pm
Alright, first off, I'm taking about all the ones made. From the silent horror films, to the one made in 04. None have really truly depicted the novel, I think, but the silent film was closest.
I'm not going to lie, the 04' one by Webber was great, but once again, strayed from the original plot of Leroux's book.
Okay, just wanted to make a thread about all the Phantom movies.
Any other fans of the book/play/film out there?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:26 pm
I absolutely love the Phantom Of the Opera that was made in `04. I haven't seen any others or read the book. But it makes me want too. I could watch that movie for an entire day and never get tired of it. heart heart  

Sephisis

Kitty454

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:46 am
I love Phantom Of the Opera too. I don't know which movie I've but I loved it ^^ I kind of own the cd/soundtrack.

If you go here you can listen to the theme song....but no words sadly:
http://www.starlightmks.com/main.html  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:58 am
we spent a year learning about Phantom
the music is beautiful
and fun to sing

Mistyflower

500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Vanwa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:06 pm
I've seen 3 versions: The Silent Film, the crap version with Robert Englund, and the 2004 version...My favourite is the '04 version, but I find the Silent film is entertaining and unique...maybe also rare =)
Sadly, I haven't read the book yet, but it's on my list, among many others.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:16 pm
I have not read the book so my input is basically moot.
I will say that I have seen the musical as well as the latest version of The Phantom of the Opera and I positively enjoy what Lord Webber did with it.  

Illusionist of Heart

Elegant Troll

7,150 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:35 pm
the Phantom of the Opera is a very good book and the movie/musical version is very well done. However, One cannot judge a book by it's musical as we all very well know.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:57 am
I've seen the musical and the '04 movie and I have also read the book. I loved the book and I loved the musical. Heck, I loved the movie as well! I like it all! I know that the '04 movie strayed from the book but it was based on the musical by Andrew Llyod Webber and not the book. I believe both are great in and of themselves.  

Holy_Andraste

psycochild001

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:43 am
Oh my Gosh, Phantom of the Opera is my favorite ever movie. I love the music in the '04 version but also like the silent movie almost as much. I love the music, and own multiple copies of the soundtrack. I even know all the words by heart. Yeah, I know I'm sad, but at least Phantom is the only thing i obsess over lol. stressed rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:09 am
Love it!!! heart  

pixiebabe20

Asha2188

Eloquent Cat

18,590 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:03 pm
I love the Phantom of The Opera 04 but I feel the book explain certain elements better then the movie. By far the book is better there more detail and it goes deeper into the character backgrounds. And you also get to learn more about the Phantom in the movie there wasn't much just that part about how he ended up in the Opera House. Which is completely different from the book I think it's been awhile since I last read it. But I love the book and the movie it's the best and I'm not a big fan of musical but I really like this one.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:07 pm
I've only seen the '04 version of Phantom of the Opera, and I think it was amazing 4laugh  

Insanity Awakened 18

Magnetic Noob

12,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100

MISSFUNSIZE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:14 pm
im sory but ive never read the book but i think the play version was better,
1.the sequence of event were different
2.christine dies but n the play version u dont kno if she did or not
3.the ending of the play was mysterious & amazing
BUT I LOVE THE MOVIE VERSION 2 THOUGH
XD it is still the same story line though so thats awesome  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:46 pm
Honestly, I hated the '04 movie. Mostly because I've been to several operas and musicals and they are SOOO much better when you see them live. I went to the Phantom of the Opera show they had in Vegas. I can honestly say it was the best thing I had ever seen.  

Rabenstern

9,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

FukushushaSasuke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:40 am
I love the one from... '04, I believe. The newest one, I guess.. I've just never seen any of the others.. Nor have I read the book. I wouldn't mind seeing it live though.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff