Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
300!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!
  Really Good
  Sucks like whoever choes this option
  This question is to hard for my little incompetant mind to understand
  Damn..I just saw it for the Nude parts.
View Results

Kvothe the Kingkiller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:38 pm
Hell Ya the best movie ever!!!!!!!!!What do you guys think  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:43 pm
lol @ the poll. Well it was good, I liked it. But there are a lot of people that
don't like it.

Not the best movie, good thou. whee

T3h Antek

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:50 pm
I'd hardly say the best movie ever. But it certainly was the best action flick, with the best score I've heard in a long while.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:10 pm
It was a pretty bomb a** movie, dude! Love Leonitus! He rocked! Uhm, best movie ever? Me thinks not, but one hell of a movie that's for sure! The fight scenes were epic!  

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

Illusionist of Heart

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:14 pm
I really enjoyed 300. The cast was amazing, the story done well, and overall, I just love it biggrin
The soundtrack was amazing too! I bought it just because it's that good. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:27 pm
Enthusiastic aren't we? Yes it is one of those movies I can (and have) watch over and over without getting tired of it. The fighting, the characters, hell even the music, fit so well and are done so well. My only complaint: the dialogue has a few corny/cliche moments.  

MCT257

allmy9lives

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:33 am
agrees that it's not the best film ever but it's a pretty good movie!

loved the action scenes... made me want to kick somebody's a** too... wahahahahaha! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:21 pm
i think its pretty cool  

chelzey rocks

Kvothe the Kingkiller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:12 pm
The sound track is the best..I have it uploaded on to my zune,Xbox,computer,and my friends xbox....F**UCKING AWESOME!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:18 am
300 Rocked hell yeah it was just sad at the end sad And that Meet the Spartans was a stupid rippoff off a good movie  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

Sylvannas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:23 am
300 was definately one of the most violent films I've seen in a long while. Wouldn't say it's the best, to be fair there isn't REALLY a plot. Just a 300 guys that go for a walk and kill alot of people. They try and add extra bits in with Leonidas' wife and the freaky hunchback, but that's about it.

The CGI muscles made me lol though.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:57 am
It is an okay movie in my opinion. It has its merits but it also has its flaws.

The cinematography was good. It all looked very impressive and the action was very impressive.
The same goes for the sound, it accented the action nicely and its a good film rendition of the comic by Frank Miller.

On the other side history was being with razorblades.
The spartan army would have consisted of heavy infantry. That includes a heavy set of armor.

Next this thing was set in the bronze age. Aka no IRON yet. And here we see long swords that, where they made of bronze would not have held up for a single blow.

Then there's the tactics. Indeed Leonidas and his army where able to hold the pass for a long time. But thats because of the nature of warfare at the time which consisted mainly of a lot of pushing and shoving. On average, in a normal battle roughly 10% of the soldiers actually died. The rest usually fled the field. And the Spartans where the best at that tactic in that age. But that does NOT include breaking lines, dropping shields and charging ahead.
Xerxes' army would have employed similar tactics. An orderly march that would have turned into a brief charge before slamming into the spartans as one solid line.

There's a few more things that irk me. But these things are more Frank Miller's fault then whoever made the movie.
All in all, I liked Sin City a lot more, mainly because there is no pretense of history in that film which 300 does carry with it because it is based on a culture that really did exist and the battle of Thermopylae did actually happen. And that irks me a bit.  

Radijs

Silent Crimson Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:58 pm
I liked it.
the fighting and strategies were sick and impressive.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 pm
It was really off from what really happened between the spartins and the greeks but otherwise good  

Dragon Mistress Kat

SuperSaiyanCrose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:36 pm
I'd say it's what people consider a "perfect" movie, but there are a few "perfect" movies and it's to call it the best ever.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games