Eloquent Elocutionist

2,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:46 pm
Miniar
Lady Asherat
I don't feel that pansexual makes sense, because by your definition, you say you encompass all sexes...there are only 2 sexes. Male and female. Did a new one or two crop up? And by the definition of loving any and all people, wouldn't bisexual cover that? I'm asking this in a debate sort of questioning, I could care less about people's sexual orientation.

Btw I'm hetero and married. To a man. To clarify. 4laugh

It covers all the genders and gender+sex combinations.

Yes, there are only two "standard" biological sexes. However, there are a few people out there who are born outside those biological sexes, they aren't "included" in the standard defenition of "bi" sexual.
There are also those out there that aren't defined by their biological sex. The transgendered and the non-gender-specific. They aren't "included" in the standard defenition of "bi" sexual.

Then there's hair-splitters like me out there who disapprove of how "bisexuality" implies that there are only two modes of human beings, biologically and psychologically male onese and biologically and psychologically female ones.
Well, as a bilogically one thing and psycholgically "both" and quite unhappy with being this restricted, biologially that is..

The only people then who I could see logically using such a term are people who you say are non-gender specific. I understand the complexities of the psyche's vs the body, however, because there are only being 2 sexes, regardless of how one chooses to pigeon hole their sexuality, "bi" could only apply because of their being only 2 sexes. "pan" sexuality implies, by the given definition, that there are more than 2 sexes.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:12 pm
Since this is moving from just a thread of what are you??? to more of a discussion, I am moving it... Things have been kept quite civil and that has been great... keep it up.  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Miniar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:16 am
Lady Asherat
The only people then who I could see logically using such a term are people who you say are non-gender specific. I understand the complexities of the psyche's vs the body, however, because there are only being 2 sexes, regardless of how one chooses to pigeon hole their sexuality, "bi" could only apply because of their being only 2 sexes. "pan" sexuality implies, by the given definition, that there are more than 2 sexes.

Like I tried to mention before...
What of transsexuals and hermaphrodites then?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:18 am
Miniar
Lady Asherat

Like I tried to mention before...
What of transsexuals and hermaphrodites then?

That was my way of sort of acknowledging that I guess a few people could identify with that term then. But transsexuals and hermaphrodites still, although their sex and gender is not as clear for some, still typically primarily identify with one or the other.

Transsexualism is a condition in which a person identifies with a physical sex different from the one with which they were born. (wiki)

Hermaphrodites in the human species, from my quick, super informative research (lol) is just an ambiguity on the physical part of whether one is male or female. Internally and/or biologically, one usually identifies with one or the other sex. Ergo, I believe bisexual still logically applies in all or most situations.  

Lady Asherat

Eloquent Elocutionist

2,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

kymetyme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:44 am
homo/a-sexual  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:37 pm
Flaming heterosexual female, here. Started having lusty rape dreams at 12, and was accused of being a tease by the time I was 15, despite being as nice and demure as I could manage! I have never wanted a woman to touch me in a sexy way; the idea gives me heebie jeebies. I held off on sex until I could buy my own birth control, and then never went without a steady sex partner until I decided to divorce my first husband... that was a rough couple of years! My second husband's first wife was an Asexual woman who later discovered she was a Lesbian. With me he feels like he's won the lottery! I love the fact that he's so damn grateful everytime I jump him!  

Taxi Mama

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:53 am
Taxi Mama
With me he feels like he's won the lottery! I love the fact that he's so damn grateful everytime I jump him!

AMEN BABY! YOU GO GIRL! hehehehehe  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:25 am
Heterosexual - though I find the female body more aesthetically pleasing, I cannot form a sexual or emotional attraction to them. Hell, I even have trouble relating to other females on a friendly levels if its in person.  

SpiritChangling

twotees

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:33 pm
I dont understans why someones personal sexual preferances are any ones business but that persons.

Can some one please explane it to me.
I mean really so menny people make such a big deal about what some one else is doing or not doing in their private bed room.
If said person isnt doing whatever with you then why do you care about what said person is doing at all?????  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:28 am
fr34x0r
I've never been too thrilled with my orientation, as it makes my life far more complicated than I'd wish it was. It's taken me quite some time to actually figure out exactly what it was. I've come to figure out that it gets harder each day just trying to live the 'normal' life and denying all feelings toward what I actually am. Lately I've been feeling that urge to just let it out, building and basically weighing myself down and wearing me out. Few months ago is when I started realizing and searching more into what it is exactly, what terms there are for it and all that stuff. I'm sure there's at least a few of you that know this process. so after some time, I got around to telling some of my more closer friends and recent friends as to kind of start fresh as who I really am. That went well for quite a while, but then it kept building still, cause of who I haven't told, so just recently I told my sister, and that was a huge relief. Now being that I'm posting in here, I'm trying to get it out in the open enough that my mom might actually read it and quite possible realize a bit more about how I am the way I am. This is getting a little longer than I expected and I know how much people like to just skip to the generals, so I'll get to that here..

I'm what I've come to call a 'lesboy', which I guess you could say is a lesser forms of transgender. In short, a lesbian in a male shell.

I've constantly felt shame, anger, depression, regret, frustration, and you name it, over the matter, and even in elementary school I felt something was very different about me. I guess there's a ton I could say on the matter, but I have high anxiety and I'm afraid enough typing this.

I guess you know why if you were wondering why I only said "too complicated" the first time.

oh great, top of the page. D;

Do not bash yourself, there are many different permutations of human sexuality. Loving yourself is a great feeling, I am a gay male who went through much of the same things, bashing yourself does nothing but hurt.  

klubkyd

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100

ShengYing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:23 pm
I'd have to say that I'm a heterosexual... although I am sometimes curious how it would feel to be with another woman...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:02 pm
twotees
I dont understans why someones personal sexual preferances are any ones business but that persons.

I mean really so menny people make such a big deal about what some one else is doing or not doing in their private bed room.
If said person isnt doing whatever with you then why do you care about what said person is doing at all?????

It's not anyone's business... but some choose to share details of their lives with people they've never met. confused

It's the fact that the 20-something generation is so disconnected from one another that they use the Net to connect with anyone who will "listen".  

Malheureux
Crew

Malheureux
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:47 am
fr34x0r
I've never been too thrilled with my orientation, as it makes my life far more complicated than I'd wish it was. It's taken me quite some time to actually figure out exactly what it was. I've come to figure out that it gets harder each day just trying to live the 'normal' life and denying all feelings toward what I actually am. Lately I've been feeling that urge to just let it out, building and basically weighing myself down and wearing me out. Few months ago is when I started realizing and searching more into what it is exactly, what terms there are for it and all that stuff. I'm sure there's at least a few of you that know this process. so after some time, I got around to telling some of my more closer friends and recent friends as to kind of start fresh as who I really am. That went well for quite a while, but then it kept building still, cause of who I haven't told, so just recently I told my sister, and that was a huge relief. Now being that I'm posting in here, I'm trying to get it out in the open enough that my mom might actually read it and quite possible realize a bit more about how I am the way I am. This is getting a little longer than I expected and I know how much people like to just skip to the generals, so I'll get to that here..

I'm what I've come to call a 'lesboy', which I guess you could say is a lesser forms of transgender. In short, a lesbian in a male shell.

I've constantly felt shame, anger, depression, regret, frustration, and you name it, over the matter, and even in elementary school I felt something was very different about me. I guess there's a ton I could say on the matter, but I have high anxiety and I'm afraid enough typing this.

I guess you know why if you were wondering why I only said "too complicated" the first time.

oh great, top of the page. D;

Lesboy?? LESBOY?? A lesbian trapped in a man's body? That would be umm.. let's see... normal.

Let's get back to the basics here....

Sex is an activity not a feeling. Who or what you have sex with has nothing to do with what else you do in your life.

A homosexual is a person who chooses to have sex with someone of the same gender.

Being gay or straight has nothing to do with what you like or dislike doing in other parts of life. It has nothing to do with who you hang out with. A straight girl can go to a gay bar with her homo friend. She can even wonder what it would be like to have sex with her, but until she acts on those feelings she's not a homosexual (or bisexual).

Asexual isn't a person who doesn't have sex. Being asexual means you can self-fertilize. A person who chooses not to have sex is a Celebate.

Pansexual means you will have sex with anything.

So you can either be straight, homo or bi. The rest is just a farce.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:57 pm
Malheureux
twotees

It's not anyone's business... but some choose to share details of their lives with people they've never met. confused

It's the fact that the 20-something generation is so disconnected from one another that they use the Net to connect with anyone who will "listen".

Unfortunately, today sexuality is still an issue for some people. Having this place open for discussion and free chat, it's an invitation for many people that are curious, affraid, uncomfortable or even scared about their sexual preferences. I value this thread as an oportunity for them to meet more secure and confident people with their same preferences, that can guide them and give them support. I guess you are born in some way and grow to become something, moved by your instincts and natural feelings. But some peopl I'm sure can't understand them or even deny or hide them. Not many embrace their difference and accept it and live happy. A place like this is useful for those new or scared that can chat and consut about persona stuff, with anonimity and comfort.

I don't believe that the 20's generation is disconnected, but they face a future of many sexualities and things that can be odd at first sight. To know them and to know themselves can help develop their future more comfortaby and their children's future too. I think people can take good advantage of this thread.

By the way, I'm heterosexual in feelings and practice and never crossed my mind to see guys in a sexual way. But I do have some gay friends, and I know that adjusting to this world can be hard sometimes cool  

Doppelganger007

Lady Asherat

Eloquent Elocutionist

2,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:07 am
Doppelganger007
Malheureux
twotees

Unfortunately, today sexuality is still an issue for some people. Having this place open for discussion and free chat, it's an invitation for many people that are curious, affraid, uncomfortable or even scared about their sexual preferences. I value this thread as an oportunity for them to meet more secure and confident people with their same preferences, that can guide them and give them support. I guess you are born in some way and grow to become something, moved by your instincts and natural feelings. But some peopl I'm sure can't understand them or even deny or hide them. Not many embrace their difference and accept it and live happy. A place like this is useful for those new or scared that can chat and consut about persona stuff, with anonimity and comfort.

I don't believe that the 20's generation is disconnected, but they face a future of many sexualities and things that can be odd at first sight. To know them and to know themselves can help develop their future more comfortaby and their children's future too. I think people can take good advantage of this thread.

By the way, I'm heterosexual in feelings and practice and never crossed my mind to see guys in a sexual way. But I do have some gay friends, and I know that adjusting to this world can be hard sometimes cool

I like what you said, it's very true.

Like that person fr34x0r said, they were uncomfortable and nervous even sharing that information to basically strangers, but that's also the comfort. These people don't know you, and thus their judgment is only based on what you choose to show and that allows control. I wish every person could just be who they are and be happy and be accepted, and that really, even now, is too much to ask of society.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff