Lady Asherat

Eloquent Elocutionist

2,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:23 am
Malheureux

Asexual isn't a person who doesn't have sex. Being asexual means you can self-fertilize.

K..glad you know biology, but Asexuality here refers to people who have no sexual attraction or desires towards any sex in general. Asexuals still engage in sex sometimes, celibacy is the choice to abstain.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:00 am
I called myself bisexual since I was about 14 and realized "Hey, since I like boys and girls I must be bi." When I was a kid, I got those "schoolgirl" crushes on boys and girls.. which at the time I figured was "normal" because I had never heard anything otherwise.

I know there's debate over the more ambiguous terms (something other than hetero, homo, or bi), but when possible I identify myself as pansexual. Because I just don't care what a person has (or wishes they has) between their legs. Male, female, both, neither.. it just doesn't matter to me.

Also, people should keep in mind that words can have alternate meanings. Scientifically, yes, asexual means that an organism can reproduce itself, but that doesn't mean that that definition is concrete and the word can never be used for anything else. Sexuality is not a clear cut issue, it's not always this or that. When there's gray area, people find terms to describe it. Asexual, pansexual, [anyword]sexual.. we're trying to put a name to what we are. That's just what humans do.  

Mana-chuu

lunaci

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:19 pm
I'm a heterosexual who is not really attracted to most men.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:18 pm
Lady Asherat
Malheureux

Asexual isn't a person who doesn't have sex. Being asexual means you can self-fertilize.

K..glad you know biology, but Asexuality here refers to people who have no sexual attraction or desires towards any sex in general. Asexuals still engage in sex sometimes, celibacy is the choice to abstain.

ASEXUAL  

Malheureux
Crew

lunaci

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:06 am
Malheureux
Lady Asherat
Malheureux

ASEXUAL

What would that prove? The link leads to 3 definitions and while the first one does support your view of asexuality, the third definition supports Lady Asherat's view.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:40 pm
Bisexual and proud of it! biggrin  

Azzy K

6,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Lady Asherat

Eloquent Elocutionist

2,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:58 am
lunaci
Malheureux
Lady Asherat
Malheureux

ASEXUAL

What would that prove? The link leads to 3 definitions and while the first one does support your view of asexuality, the third definition supports Lady Asherat's view.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the definitions for asexuality, and like previously mentioned, it didn't really further your stand point on it. We know humans don't reproduce asexually, although I'm sure some smart a** will go "yes they do!!!11 here's proof LOLZ UR SO DUMB!!!"

For the purpose of defining human sexuality, that aspect of the definition doesn't apply.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff