28%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 111

stellacadente

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:00 pm
I'm always curious to know what people do for a living, and the average Gaian hang out isn't really the place to do that, now is it? I mean, High School is tough, but it's not the same.

Anyway feel free to post what it is you do to pay the bills, even if it's part time work or you're a stay at home parent (because that is work, dammit!). And other jobs you've had over the years, too.

Also, feel free to post what it is you WISH you did.

My info:

Job now: Office manager for a retirement planner, but I'm doing that while I go back to grad school to get my MBA in marketing research.

Jobs past: For nearly 20 years, I was a newspaper reporter and editor. I still tend to think like a journalist gonk I've worked as a Tarot card reader, caretaker for autistic kids, freelance writer, processor in one of those overnight photo processing plants in the pre-digital days, jewelry store clerk, telemarketer. None of that is in any particular order.

Job I wish I had: I wish I had become a veterinarian. I tell my hubby that if we win the lottery anytime before I turn 60, I'm quitting whatever it is I'm doing and going back to school to get a vet degree. Then, I'll probably open a no-kill, no-cage cat rescue.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:02 pm
I'm a musician and teacher. I've been teaching music for 17 years. Before that, I was an insurance agent.  

paintboxgirl

Asteio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:06 pm
I am a teacher-this is my 4th school year coming up.
I am also a lifeguard, swim instructor, coach....i think that's it.

basically I have no life. I am either teaching, yelling at someone, coaching or sleeping.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:07 pm
Security Officer. mrgreen  

Maria41

5,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Little Joni

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:14 pm
hello....I'm new so please bear with me.... My hubby and I own an auto upholstery shop, also recover boat, and all kinds of equipment work. been in it since 1979. use to work in a photo plant and ran processor, and did copies and was a girl Friday what needed done I got to do it!  
I been working in Entertainment for Disney for about nine years, but I hope to be starting a new career as an artist in the hopefully near future. I have a degree in Graphic Design & Animation, and am currently work towards one in Game Art & Design.  

Blufoo

Celestial Elder

The Dirty Hippie

Romantic Lover

6,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
I work at Lowe's Hardware, as the Lumber department manager. I'm also a musician and play at local coffee shops to make some extra cash on the side. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:17 pm
I'm an Xray tech... 9 yrs and counting! Radiation anyone?  

Beautifully_Tragic_13

stellacadente

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:18 pm
SUCH COOL JOBS!!!

Radiation, arts, autos and yelling at people! scream  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:31 pm
I have been a Postmaster for the past 1 1/2 years. I've been with the PO for 20 years and still have 10 yrs to retire. I love my job, but please don't blame me if your letter is lost! I'm in a very very small town and most likely it didn't pass through here on it's way to you! whee  

Ultra Fabu

6gun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:33 pm
National guard.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:34 pm
I work at a call center doing billing and game support for online games. It's fun, but there's WAY to much favoritism in the work place! Gah! So please forgive me if I rant about it! mrgreen  

Turtle Sensei

Conservative Fatcat

6,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Kiana_Pryce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:38 pm
Went back to school at age 29 >.< Got a Associates in Baking and Pastry Arts , Since I have 3 kids had to settle for a job working as a Deli/Bakery Manager at a Food Lion Grocery store , but when my youngest is 18 ( 8years and counting lol ) and I don't need those health benefits anymore for them , will be looking for work in a bakery , making theme cakes for kids parties and weddings smile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:44 pm
Nice Cakes! I love watching the cake decorating contests on Food network. I did my son's wedding cake and it turned out pretty. But I don't recommend using fondant for an outdoor wedding in August. xp Good thing it tasted good! blaugh  

Ultra Fabu

Digital Becca

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 pm
I work at a petstore, and a gas station. Hopefully soon I'll be a manager at the pet store. I'd love to do something in graphic advertisement though.  
Introduction Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff