Submit

Digital Humor

Dangerous Tycoon

8,950 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:46 am
So first off, hello. My name's Brian, I'm 23 years old, and this is my first post in this guild. I just joined a few days ago, admittedly because of the community spotlight, but the guild is such a fantastic idea. I've needed a place to hang out that doesn't make me feel like a ***** glad to be here, really. You guys seem like such a fantastic group of people. It's nice to be able to talk to people who weren't born after you finished puberty.

So, hi to everyone, and remember to turn off the lights and shut the door before you leave the room. I'm not made of money, you know.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:50 am
Hi Brian, I'm MaĆ«ve and I joined a couple of days ago for the same reason XD I'm kinda happy to be here, I'm getting fed up with the other forums... they're quickly becoming chaos @.@  

Viets Wifey

11,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Digital Humor

Dangerous Tycoon

8,950 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:55 am
I remember when i started Gaia, back in 03. Everyone was mature and it felt like a real community, not just a whole bunch of random people all screaming at the top of their lungs.

I remember when the chatterbox didn't move at a thousand posts every few seconds, and you could refresh the page and still be able to find your post.

/back in my day...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:58 am
Welcome to the guild with the rest of us 'old fogies' (where the hell did that term come from anyway question ).

I joined here when I first became one of the gaia-addicted grown-ups but that was only 56 days ago so I'm still a newb.  

oOo_Nightowl_oOo

Viets Wifey

11,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:00 am
I'm an '05er on my previous account, sort of wish I could have caught a glimpse of '03 even if it was full of glitches. To me it seems like the community spirit is all but lost, it's every man for himself and not the world's friendliest environment for people who like forums and a good debate (no one knows how to do civil debate anymore x.x). I think the only thing keeping me around are the few great friends I've made and dressing up my avi which is always fun to me for some reason no matter how many times I've done it lol  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:04 am
I'm a newbie and an old Geezer at the same time ......so feel free to look me up...... it's hard to hang with the youngsters.

I'm 46 and loving it. I'm posting around ....I'm on during the day and most of the week ....the weekend it's in the moring and the REST of the day the teens are on ....I have to share now....aw. So for now I'm off and running errands.  

Topaz Citrine

Digital Humor

Dangerous Tycoon

8,950 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:04 am
Honestly i'm not sure what it is that's kept me around for so long.

And '03 was great. I enjoyed posting then. Now? Not so much. As a good friend of mine once said, posting on gaia is sometimes like pissing in an ocean of piss.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:05 am
MarZzmatrix
Honestly i'm not sure what it is that's kept me around for so long.

And '03 was great. I enjoyed posting then. Now? Not so much. As a good friend of mine once said, posting on gaia is sometimes like pissing in an ocean of piss.

Agreed XD  

Viets Wifey

11,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

RoleOfAQS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:08 am
Jeez, even 04/05 was decent compared to now.

I've become inactive, simply because I have no reason to stay. Friends already left, and money has no value here - It can't even buy me art, which is one reason I stayed longer than my friends... I can't even get that now. It's really sad. These brats demand an arm and a leg... for crap. O.o  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:37 am
Yeah...

Not to mention the visual style went from something special, to what it is now-- standard issue internet site. :/ I liked the blue and pink, clouds and wings and stuff. It's what made Gaia... Gaia.  

Digital Humor

Dangerous Tycoon

8,950 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Generous 100

RoleOfAQS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:43 am
Oh, I agree!

After I came here after a long period of inactivity, and saw that, I thought I had accidentally hit a scam site. Nope... somehow... someway... it was the real one... O.o  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:08 am
Hello Mar! Welcome to the Geezer Guild! biggrin  

Irahatam

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Zahmira

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:22 am
Hey, welcome.

I'm from 04, and since I don't go exploring the sections of Gaia choked with little brats, I'm happy with it now. This guild is great!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:28 am
I've only been on Gaia for a few months, and admittedly I joined the guild because of the community Spotlight as well. I'm 25 in real life, married as well. I personally am finding that creating my own room and password locking the thing is the only way to get away from the people who are 20 or younger, not that I'm that far removed from it. lol...anyway, just wanted to make my first post of the guild a sort of random, rambling post about who I am. smile  

Shinara Shigatsu

Shawna Crystal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:05 am
MarZzmatrix
I remember when i started Gaia, back in 03. Everyone was mature and it felt like a real community, not just a whole bunch of random people all screaming at the top of their lungs.

I remember when the chatterbox didn't move at a thousand posts every few seconds, and you could refresh the page and still be able to find your post.

/back in my day...

I also joined back in '03, but the younger generation seemed to find it as early as I did and I was driven off by seeing more and more of the same spam (for lack of a better term). Gaia started off as a place of quality where you could speak as an intellectual equal and did not have to strain the eyes trying to read l33t sp34k.

My name's Becky and I am a 5th year college student (graduating May 8th! about time!) majoring in elementary education. I found this guild due to a community spotlight and jumped at the chance to be around my peers.

Last week I was in the rally and a young girl started speaking to me. She said that she was 12 and wanted to know my age. I replied that I was almost a decade her senior. She started asking if I was 16 or 15. I had to explain that a decade was 10 years. She apologized and stated that I was 10. I stared in shock at my screen before stated that I was 21.

I knew the term decade when I was in lower grade school. What have they been teaching in schools?

It's interesting how many of us are people who joined years ago and went inactive for a spell. smile  
Introduction Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff