Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
An Inconvenient Truth

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

An Inconvinient Truth
  True! Save the EARTH!
  False! It's all faux!
  I Don't Know.
View Results

allmy9lives

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:11 am
I know it's not actually a movie but it's still a film. I watched it when it showed in the theaters and got really moved by it. I don't know but it wasn't about the tech-y stuff that moved me but by the truth that we're probably going to drown somewhere due to alaska melting or something...

i'm just wondering, have you seen it and what did you thought of it?

and if not... do you think it's true?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:42 pm
I definitely believe in global warming, and I definitely believe that almost all of what Gore said in that movie was true...but sometimes I questioned his motives. The reason I say that is because he really brought in a little bit too much of personal vendettas and whatnot (his loss to Bush in 2000 for example). It was a good message, but it was a little clouded. ^^ domokun  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

monkey_bubbles_1995

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:37 am
i watched it at a thing at my church.....it was a little boring and i almost fell asleep but i do believe in global warming but i didnt like the movie  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:33 pm
I didn't watch it ... but Alaska melting? Alaska can't melt ... it's land just like the rest of the continent ... then again, I don't know if it's fiction or not. o.O  

Midnight Phase

6,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

WillWintter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:32 pm
I believe in global warming, and I did like the movie. Plus how could anyone hate a movie that has a Futurama clip in it?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:19 pm
I'm not one to be in complete sync with the global warming deal, but Alaska? Sounds pretty big, I'd think. Even then, it'd take many, many years for it to melt, don't y'think?  

Johbies

Friendly Bum

11,575 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:33 pm
Midnight Phase
I didn't watch it ... but Alaska melting? Alaska can't melt ... it's land just like the rest of the continent ... then again, I don't know if it's fiction or not. o.O

I dont remember him saying it would sink. But I do remember him saying the water level would rise considerably. and I do believe strongly in global warming, everything in his film is ringing true so far.

Both that film and the movie the Day After Tomorrow scared the shiz out of me.

and when those polar Bears died...Omg. I cried.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:45 pm
I watched it, and I liked the part of it that actually talked about the issue. I wasn't so into the bits where Al Gore bitched about not having won in 2000, but I guess that was justified - I just think it was the wrong presentation in the wrong setting.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:17 pm
I believe in global warming even before the movie came out. I just did not know the extent. I was glad when he won the Nobel Prize.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games