4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
hit him/her in the face.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 49

Rawashdeh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:40 pm
what would u do if u saw kidz talking about sex, and one of them asked u what does sex means? and worst he/she told u if u didnt answer him/her he/she will google it... confused  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:53 pm
I usually stay away from those threads... they tend to bring on the *****... Kids today are so in a hurry to grow up, and don't always stop to get the facts first, but they also don't want to listen to the voice of experience, i.e. been there, done that.  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:36 pm
Not meaning not to post them, silly ~ just that when I see them in places other than in here ~ I don't respond... your thread here is fine ~ it opens some good discussions about the topic of why we do or don't post on the rest of Gaia ~  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:38 pm
Great topic. I'm never sure what to do when kids start asking questions.

Do I answer them then wait for the comments when they find out my age?
Do I ignore them and hope they don't do something stupid?
Do I quickly exit the topic and hope they don't follow?  

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100

boopsie63

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:05 pm
since this has happened to me.I sat down with my daughter and answered her questions. I also told her that sex should be saved for someone she loves and that I was not going to let her date until she was 40.lol  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:12 pm
Rawashdeh_omar
what would u do if u saw kidz talking about sex, and one of them asked u what does sex means? and worst he/she told u if u didnt answer him/her he/she will google it... confused

show them, lol
jk, i would tell them the "birds and bees" story  

EskimoPie-inwigwam

Renton-san

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:23 pm
oh, hmm.. thats really hard to know what to do in that situation. Depending on what you'd say... if anything they could do something stupid that they will regert for the rest of there live's or wait and do nothing. But i think i'd just tell them there's no need to rush things and wait untill they are older. I mean they are still young and have pretty much just started their life, and to me thats something i'd save for some one i really trully love. But yeah i have to agree, they are wanting to grow up to fast and to show everyone that they arent the little kids every always knew them as. If thats it then there are many different ways to show how much they have matured but they arent mature enough for that yet. Heck most of them dont even know what the hell's going on or what they wont with their lives.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:26 pm
I would tell them that its a question better left up to his/her parents. I have always felt its something that a Mother or Father should talk to they're kids about. Hell my mom talked to me about sex when I was like 12.  

President Kristian Fry

7,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Renton-san

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:28 pm
President Kristian Fry
I would tell them that its a question better left up to his/her parents. I have always felt its something that a Mother or Father should talk to they're kids about. Hell my mom talked to me about sex when I was like 12.

yeah thats probably best... but then again my parents never talked to me about sex neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:29 pm
My mom did but then I didn't leave her much choice after she cought me in bed with a girl naked at age 5 lol.  

President Kristian Fry

7,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

white dragon system

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:30 pm
EskimoPie-inwigwam
Rawashdeh_omar

show them, lol
jk, i would tell them the "birds and bees" story

when you don't tell them the truth they don't really like it it makes them wanna rebel, so all you can do is slowly limit there goings and try to make them get into trouble so they ccan be grounded but don't be obvious that u r try to keept in.
Thats the best i can give cause i remeber being a teen, i can't tell u what to tell them excpet that if they act mature enough for the next threee months u will explain it to them u will be suprised how much they can change they will be like angels.
As for preventing them from doing it, i can't help to much there cause u know i am a addict  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:36 pm
President Kristian Fry
My mom did but then I didn't leave her much choice after she cought me in bed with a girl naked at age 5 lol.

oh wow lol, i never heard that one before. I dont have any children but if i ever caught my 5 year old son naked and in bed with a girl, i just have to say i'd be shocked and speechless, Because 5 years olds dont think like that. heh i wonder what you were thinking  

Renton-san

Rawashdeh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:46 pm
President Kristian Fry

it happened to me in a Jigsaw Room, and i was about to tell her to ask her parents, but I thought this may cause her parents to deprive her of using internet again, so by this way i only will prevent this little kid from logging in to gaia, which could be her best time. and make her suffer the loss of the happiness!.

maybe it is better if i did tell her, but when u are in a situation like that believe me you cant always control your judgment on priorities!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:53 pm
Don't they teach this at school?

Sex Ed starts in like 4th grade... If they don't get it by then, then... well, then you've got some problems on your hands...  

RoleOfAQS

Serious Conversations

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces