Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Introduction Threads
Geezers from outside the US ~ ESL Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calida

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:40 pm
Greetings international geezers blaugh

Not really that far away from the US, but I'm originally from Hong Kong, moved to BC, Canada at a youngish age. I can still speak/write a degree of Chinese, English, et je comprends un petit peu de francais  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:04 am
My tektek Avi Gallery -New-
I am suprised i never seen this before O:
I am from Canada, Alberta to be precise, so greetings to my British Columbia and Saskatchewan neighbours ^^. Another hello to fellow Albertans if there is any. Of course to the people across the globe. it is great to connect ^^

Languages: English is my first, Blackfoot is my second- I dont know a lot though-, and simple french is my third. i am interested in learning German as a fourth ^^  

Fallicious Flavor

Shiratori-chan

Vicious Shapeshifter

14,400 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:28 am
I'm Italian, so English is only my 2nd language, and I'm going to study Spanish for the University and Japanese for fun...

[How learning Japanese could be fun is still a mistery to me...]  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:34 pm
Good luck with that, I've been trying to teach Myself Japanese. Difficult to the extreme. My screen name would have been 黒曜石の沈黙, but It wouldn't let me. And Obsidian Silence was taken so I had to come up with something else, thus Draconian Phoenix, well since Resplendent Draconian Phoenix didn't fit either. Oh and I'm Half Native American(my grandparents walked out of the jungle in Nicaragua, I guess that's considered Hispanic now) and Half Scottish.  

Draconian Pheonix

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:37 pm
I hadn't checked in on this thread for awhile, and was impressed to see how many different places we represent xd

While our leaders argue and grumble in a never-ending power struggle, it's interesting how much the people are truly interested in each other and get along... hmmm ~ does this mean all the world leaders have reverted back to the "Toddler Property Laws?"

I'll have to see if I can find the list of those laws to post... though anyone with a 2-3 year old knows them well, and the word "MINE" figures prominently.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:58 pm
well im from outside the us, but i live in britain so my first language is natrualy english (even though it is a mixture of french and every other nation that invaded our little island)
I know a little german, and once tried to learn japanese but failed!
but i have managed to learn sign language, strange that american sign (asl) and british sign are almost compleatly difrent despite the same spoken language! yet japanese sign is very similar!!  

-Stumblefoot-
Crew

Timid Punk

stellacadente

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:14 am
Outcast-ghosT
hey!
though i'm from Chile, south america, my first language is a mix of english and spanish, i handle very well with both.
i also know some basic french and japanese...but i guess this last one many ppl are learning to speak...i'd like to learn mandarin, even though it takes a lifetime! xDD

I'm learning Mandarin now. Yes it is quite the challenge, but I find that Chinese people are incredibly helpful and tolerant of mistakes for those who take the time to learn their language.

My aunt learned Mandarin in about six years -- not that I'm trying to discourage anyone but she picked it up as an adult and in that time learned it fluently and without any pinyin. eek

But anyhoo, I'm in the US, my first language is English. I also know a little German from HS, college the first time and my first marriage, lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:58 am
I think it's amazing how many different countries us Geezers are hailing from. I live in the States, but I know bits of Spanish and Japanese. (And VERY tiny bits of French, German, and Chinese.) I'm also learning Finnish right now. So, Hello! ¡Hola! Konnichiwa! Hei! Bonjour! Guten Tag! Nihao!  

SaturnineZero

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:59 am
Saturnine, if you need help with that I'm at your service. I am already helping to teach Finnish to other American who is studying it. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:46 am
I normally speak Dutch, so please excuse my poor english sometimes.  

IHopeThisNameWillFi

Gilda Geezer
Crew

Devout Worshipper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:05 am
Geezers are pretty understanding for those speaking/typing English as a second language. Not so tolerant of the teeny-boppers intentionally slaughtering the language for no reason whatsoever.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:59 am
Quebequois pur laine Which translates as died in the wool Quebecer. I was 4 years old before I found out that French and English were different languages, so I guess you could say I'm fluently bilingual. I'm also trying (the key word) to learn Greek which is my wife's mother tongue. Anyone need Fr-En or En-Fr translation I'm available.  

Sleeping_Bear

Breeze Of Madness

Unsealed Feeder

15,300 Points
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Firestarter 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:03 am
User ImageHaha that is quite a coincidence as I am a Quecebois too =O
For those who don't know it's a province in Canada where people speak usually french and english. Or only one of them.
My primary language is french but , in our country , it's just better to be fluent in english as well.
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:43 am
Canada, Nova Scotia pirate  

xe11oss

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pie For All! 300
Introduction Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff