Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
Death... What does it mean to you, do you fear it, and why? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death is to you...
Only natural.
84%
 84%  [ 85 ]
Horrible...
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
A thrill
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 101

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:52 pm
Death to me is the end of life. Pure and simple as that.

I'm not scared of death really because it's the final balancer: All that was born will also die. It's natural and it's going to happen anyway.

I feel this way because, well, I'm a biologist and an atheist. There is no after life for me, just the end of life. Life lives on death, you can't have one with out the other. There is always an opposite to everything, life is death.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:03 am
What is it to you?

Death is the great nothing/unknown that comes next. No one really knows what it is or what it looks like. Most people have thoughts of meeting up with friends and family, or being in a happy place where they can get rewards for being good all their life, or being reborn as a tree or a bird. I just see it as missing out on the party of life.

Are you afraid to die?

Not really. It is the next step of what happens. Will I try to prolong my life as much as possible to avoid death? Of course!

Why do you feel this way?

I am a practicing Satanist, so, like many others, my views reflect my religion in a large part.  

Lycangoddess

Taxi Mama

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:53 am
My step son has been an athiest for a long time. He says death is oblivion, and he shudders when he says it. So even though he does not anticipate any punishment, he is still very afraid of death. I find that puzzling. I expect my awareness to change completely at death,and I definitely expect it will be a better experience than my old aching body. The only thing I can imagine being sad or afraid of is no longer being able to help those I love.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:32 pm
What is death to you?
-Is the never ending darkness that lays at the end of any road. Of course it LOOKS like the never ending darkness because no one has ever come back from it so.. its like the big unknown.

Kinda exciting wink Inevitable, but exciting none of the less.

Do you Fear Death?
-Not at all. It'll come. And when it does, well, I don't exactly have any say. lol. Its the one thing in my life that I know will happen for certain.

-Thats how I am. I've tempted it, thought of it countless of times when I was younger, and honestly.. it was the first thought I had in my life. I remember when I was a kid... The very first thought I had was in the depths of darkness and the thought.. "so this is death." I felt nothing below me or around me, just a sea of darkness.

Then I woke up.

Call me weird or a freak or whatever. But thats the first thought that I remember having. Aside from looking up at a ring of faces peering down at me and thinking how they were vampires.  

S0ulless_0ne

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:43 pm
What is death to you?
ahh very very intreresting question see death to me is the begining see why should it be the end what says those buddhists are wrong what if we do get reincarnated. why should we not wonder about it its a great thing to think of its the only positive truth besides birth death and birth what if they are the same thing its a paradox that we shall never know o well might as well kick it and have fun as much as you can before your final or first new breath

Are you afraid to die?
why should i be afraid to die

hmmmm idk i just do XD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:03 pm
What is death to you?
Death to me is a freeig of the spirit trapped in this realm. In my religion, this is how we see it, and how we celebrate the going of that person's spirit to being truly happy, and attaining the knowledge of the world.

Do you Fear Death?
Yes....But not death by itself. I fear the pain that may come with death, and being alone.

A lot of the people I knew that passed on were alone and in pain the whole time before they died....so I fear that will be my way of going as well.  

Avenged_G0ddess

Kaoru 81

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:02 pm
User Image

Death, what is it to you?

I view death as a necessary part of life, part of the sacred cycle of things. Death is a transition to a new beginning.

Are you afraid to die?

I'm not saying I wouldn't be screaming if my plane was on fire and getting ready to crash, but no. Death is another part of life all things must face, what is there to fear?

I've spent lots of time feeling and thinking on death, especially after my father passed away 6 years ago to cancer. I've had some powerfully moving spiritial experiences while meditating, etc and have no doubt that even after our physical self is gone a part of us continues on....like a drop of water falling down a waterfall till once again it is reunited with the river...that flows into the ocean...etc etc etc .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:27 pm
death even though a natural part of life scares me to...death?..I have gone through losing a lot of people in my life. From a brother to boyfriend to grandparent, and I didn't handle any of them very well. Death has been a pretty frequent thing in my life and with 3 older sisters and 2 brothers and me being the 6th youngest.I have a feeling..I'm probably going to experience it throughout my whole life, and pretty often. I am completley scared to die. The idea that I'd close my eyes and never open them again. And I have my beliefs I believe in heaven and crap, but what if there wasn't? And how bad is it gonna hurt? I get freaked out when any kind of pointy object comes near me. Am i gonna die in some crazy a** way? I actually think about how I'm going to die more then I probably should.  

Siumbering Princess22

MojinR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:17 am
I'm less worried about how I'm going to die and more worried about there being nothing beyond. You know, I could deal with being wrong, that my choices and beliefs damn me for eternity to a place of fire and torment cause an ever-merciful deity decided that sometimes you just gotta cruel to get the point across. Sure, okay, I can deal with complete obliterate of my soul and conscious. But what scares me is that their might not be anything beyond life and somehow, someway, I'll have enough awareness left in death to know it for all time.

Yeah, that's what scares me.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:46 pm
I'm not afraid of death... I'm afraid of HOW I'm going to die >.<

Phoenix Fox

Venuslady

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:49 am
As the Klingons say, " I do not fear death, but I do not openly invite it"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:20 pm
Death, to me, means simply one stage from one life to another. At least, that's on a personal level. In terms of friends, it is a robber of my joy.

As I happen to have a friend in the hospital at the moment, it was a stark reminder that friends come and be taken quickly. She's recovering but I had to push down nightmares I kept having about her...-gulps-

Am I afraid to die? Kinda. If I die for a cause, protecting someone, donating my kidneys so someone else could live, that kinda thing, no. If I die in vain and am forgotten...then yes. I fear being forgotten.

Why do I feel as I do? Having been abused/neglected, and recovering from that, I don't want to die before I experience life as I was meant to experience it. However, if I see someone in trouble that needs my help, it's me to the rescue. Hence "patron of healing" in my name. 3nodding  

Patron with a Mission

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:44 pm
What is death to you?
To quote the ever-amazing Dumbledore, "To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." Really, you're closing one door and opening another. What I'll find when I open the other, I have no idea. I kinda hope it's a big party and all my friends, family and beloved pets are there...with a sign saying, "What Took You So Long!"

Are you afraid to die?
Would I be ready to die today, tomorrow or next week, not necessarily. I'm sure when it's my time to go I'll be ready.

I am firm believer that if you live each day as well as you can and to the fullest then why be afraid? I think the fear of death just stems from regret. You're afraid to die because you are afraid you will be forgotten...if you loved and showed it no one will forget you, you'll live forever in their hearts. You're afraid to die because you have so much left to do...do as much as you can now, bungee jump, sky dive, call that high school friend and apologize.

My cousin and a close friend both died at 20 in tragic car accidents. After we lost them I swore to myself that I would try to live with as few would-of, could-of, should-of's as possible.

heart Nick and Kyle heart  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:58 am
Like books, life comes with a beginning and an ending. I can't speak for all of you, but I plan on making mine an interesting read.  

QuietStorm XII

Devout Hunter

havenne17

Distinct Gekko

12,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:54 pm
To me Death is but a door that we all eventually go through, ending this physical life. I believe in a choice afterwards: spiritlands or reincarnation, the final rest or another trip around the Wheel.
A part of me fears the unknowns of Death but I hope to face that day with a clearness of vision and a feeling that the time is right. I hope that I die well and honorably, that it is easy and smooth.

Yes, pagan spirituality shows all over my thoughts on the matter.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff