Reply Serious Conversations
do you beleive in God!!?? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

boopsie63

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:17 am
this is my first post! I met a person on Gaia that does not beleive in a higher power. This has upset me a get deal cry I live in the bible belt.Everyone beleives! What do you think! Please don't be ugly! I would like a truthful answer.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:22 am
Im quite open to everything, and different points of views upon this matter, though I cant say that Im strictly religious in any way... my half-siblings are though.

Some say even aliens believe in a higher power 3nodding (a local medium explained that, he specializes in faeries though)  

Dark stardragon

6,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kamika Sugi

8,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:57 am
I believe in Darwin so you can assume I'm not religious. I have nothing against people that do support a certain religion, though. Everyone needs something to hold on to, even me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:15 am
Which one?
No really, YHWH is not the only "god", I don believe in the existence of "gods" but no, I don't believe that there's one god above all other gods. I choose to put my respect in with the norse pantheon, and as such refer to myself as reconstructionist heathen with occult tendencies.
I have read the bible, the whole of it, and found a fair bit within it I disagreed with, which is why I saught elsewhere for something that fitted me better. I don't have a problem with YHWH nor christianity nor christians per say, but I see a problem in religious abuse. As in, I have a problem with people using religion and religious doctrine as an excuse for abusing others and/or the rights of others. There's people doing that in every religion sadly. People who read the doctrine and decide to take a couple of fragments litterally and as "holy rules for existence" and ingore others. Such as when christians speak of how homosexuality is wrong (though the main quoted fragment against it is considered a mistranslation) but also think it "wrong" to stone an adulturous woman to deah (which is a biblical "rule"). If you want your religion to be one of love, then don't go about disrespecting other people's love.
Or at least, that's how I see it.  

Miniar

Spotty-Chan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:12 am
I do believe, I am a Christian. I do think it's sad when people have no belief system. My belief helps me in many ways, it keeps me accountable for my actions, it gives me comfort when times become difficult, it just makes existence bearable in my mind.

As for what other people believe, I don't much care as long as you follow the rules of the land and do not hurt others.I have no problem with you being a wiccan druid norse pagan fruit bat if you want.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:19 am
I beleive in God! what if there was no God? But, what If there is? HOPE!  

boopsie63

Door Revoir

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:36 am
As human beings, I think with the stress of every day life, people need to have some sort of faith/belief to comfort and keep them moving along. I believe that something is watching over us, but I don't want to assume it's a god. When you look at all the different continents on the planet, we all had stories of dragons and the likes before we were even connected. You look at religions on this planet, a majority of which were also there before the world became so connected with one another and see how extremely different all of these religions are. That's what makes me unsure.. Because if we all had stories of dragons which were basically similar, but all our religions are different to certain extremes.. Maybe we all just need something to praise and have faith in, then.

And this is just a matter of opinion. And uh.. Sorry if it didn't make sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:20 am
I think making a thread like this tends to be a bad idea. But seeing as its all non-hostile feedback, it proves I love this guild even more. ^_^
I personally am a believer in God. A christian.
But I understand where others are coming from when they choose not to believe. Being turned off by something that happened, some religious zealot throwing it in their faces or just simply not agreeing.

But our religion is based on Faith. So, some people have it some people dont. Others can handle its general unsureness and some need solid proof.
Lifes wacky that way.
And as christians we need to accept it and stuff, rather than force our beliefs on others. :/ thats why so many people turn away from God and the idea of God, cause they force it on others.

Drives me nutters.

Bikku

oOo_Nightowl_oOo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:22 am
I believe there is a higher power, or powers, out there but I do not believe in religion. I don't feel that any man-made religious organization has the right to tell me how, or whom, I should believe in. I prefer to say I'm 'spiritual' and not religious.
I feel everyone has the right to believe any way they want and none of us has the right to say one is wrong.

My analogy for 'heaven' is it's like a large city, with many different roads all leading there.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:29 am
I do believe in a great creator. I have seen one too many things that are hard to explain, other than just a plain miracle. The creator was something I never questioned.

I have no qualms about other folks having their faith.  

wolfen26

Conservative Werewolf

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Jacob 100

KittySongLUVs1D

Hilarious Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:36 am
Yes I Strongly believe in Jesus Christ and his word(the BIBLE)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:37 am
I believe in Jesus Christ.

I also work/live in a Christian Youth Home.  

Lupas Deva

Dangerous Elder

19,325 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Generous 100
  • Winged 100

Kuraino Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:57 am
User Image
My beliefs might be hard to explain...

I believe that the universe itself is intelligent in ways that we can't understand. But that being said, I think that there must be something even higher than the universe itself because something had to put it there. Still, I feel that we are the universe made manifest; the same molecules that make up our body are the ones that make up the stars. We are starstuff.

I also believe in Karma, quite strongly. I believe in subtle energies and all sorts of mystic mumbo-jumbo that most people would discount as silly.

I suppose my beliefs where gods/goddesses are concerned are Wiccan-based. There is a natural duality to the universe that manifests itself as female and male. I call these Diana and Dionysus, based on pagan practices of sun and moon, harvest and hunt type worship. In fact I have a little moon with stars around it tattooed on the inside of my hip. ^_~

What I don't believe in is the idea that a God(c) who is entirely male is going to damn people to hell for not listening to rules that inhibit natural tendencies that he supposedly created. I also feel that we shouldn't believe these rules because a book says so, a book that was supposedly written by this same God(c). And how do we know it was written by this God(c)? Because it says so in the book, which of course is circular logic.

I'm terribly sorry if this last bit was offensive, but it's how I feel. I've known some very nice Christians in my time, but I grew up in the heart of the Bible Belt in a very small town where everyone is terribly judgmental and gossipy.

Anyway, that was my little bloviating session.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:58 am
I believe it is very ostentatious to assume as human beings who have never been to the other side that we know the "right way" or the path to heaven, Christianity, whatever. Now I do believe spirituality is important to us as people and I also believe in mysticism to some degree. I just don't find it appropriate to claim that what I believe is what everybody else should just because it came from a book, pastor, etc.

And I highly suggest everyone see the movie Zeitgeist. You can even view it on google video. It pretty much debunks Christianity because when you get down to it, everything about Christian doctrine mimics its pagan predecessors and also the zodiac. I have always thought that Christianity was simply created by patriarchal politicians to keep the poor people in their place....and really we do the same thing now. We use religion to wage wars, claim that certain lifestyles are wrong, etc. In the meantime rich politicians control our country and keep raking it in while we bicker about whether or not it is right to be gay, have an abortion, and so forth.

Someone mentioned hope. There is LOTS to have hope about, even without believing in a Christian god. The Aquarian age is approaching and my hope is that an evolution in humanity will occur...that people will start being more compassionate toward one another, the earth, and living more as a community instead of being selfish. I find a lot of hope in that....

and you know what, if you want to believe this will come from God, angels, aliens, or whatever, I'm fine with that too. Just as long as you don't claim that everyone else in the free world should believe what you do and leave people to live their own lives in peace. smile  

pixiewytch

Evylyn Rose

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:05 am
Miniar
I choose to put my respect in with the norse pantheon, and as such refer to myself as reconstructionist heathen with occult tendencies.

Squee! I had looked up some info on heathen reconstructionist paths a long while back but have yet to meet one. ^_^

Yes, I believe in God, but probably not in how you meant it. I believe in the Goddess and God. Of course, I ultimately believe the two were once one, and so there's something one step higher, but human minds are too limited to truly understand. I'm also of the belief that all Gods are one God in that God shows itself to each individual as what is right for them at whatever point in time so that they are guided to where they need to be to fulfill whatever purpose they may (or may not) have.

I do get a little upset when coming across people that have no belief system whatsoever, even a personal more agnostic approach. For me, it's because I have felt God and I have felt Goddess and can't understand how they haven't felt them (or anyone for that matter) at all. It took me years, but I've finally come to realize that they probably feel the same about those of us that do believe in some sort of higher power. They're just as confused/frustrated/upset/etc. that we believe so strongly in something that in their minds clearly does not exist in any shape or form. It's all a matter of perspective and goes back to my view on all Gods are One.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff