Submit

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:14 am
I was wrong to expect more than a one-line OP that waxed psuedo intellectual with more than one exclamation point in the questioning title.
I have plenty to offer, but not when it's put this way.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:28 am
There are plenty of more in-depth answers on the first page alone and I'm sure more in the pages following as well. To write off an entire topic because of the first post seems more like laziness on your part. If you have so much to offer, then offer it. You could have just as well have not replied at all or completely ignored the post rather than replying just to say, "This topic is beneath me".

As for my own belief, yes, I do believe in God. I also believe that God is separate from religion, which is a concept some people find contradictory. Religion is a set of teachings and rules to live by whereas God is the origin of all things. You do not need religion to believe or worship God, though religion is a way for people to try to better understand and know about God.

After separating God and religion, it is easier to accept other religions because you can more clearly see that each is working toward the same goal. Each may have different teachings and rules, but their core values are fundamentally the same.

In regards as to why I believe in God, I will admit that I have been influenced highly by my mother as a lot of people tend to follow a certain religion or belief system simply because that is what they were raised with. However, even when thinking about the topic on my own, I believe the existence of a higher being explains things that I do not understand, such as the existence of the soul, where it comes from, and what happens to it when the body dies. Of course, some do not believe in the existence of the soul either because it is not something that can be seen or measured using technology, and perhaps it is because I am more of an idealist than a scientist that I can continue to believe in it without tangible evidence of it.

Some may say that being an idealist isn't exactly something to aspire for, but it is through idealists that progress is made. Innovation comes from those who see the world for what it could be rather than settling with what it is. As long as your ideals do not bring harm to others, I see no fault in it.

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Volvy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:17 pm
I grew up in a basically Christian household, so believing in God has always seemed very natural to me. I don't go to church and I don't buy a lot of the more aggressive rhetoric of most organized religions, but in general I've maintained some core Christian beliefs.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:28 pm
I didnt think about religion while i grew up. it was there, i didnt choose it.The few times i went to church was for weddings and events, i never went to pray. To this day i think theres a bigger question than if god is there or not. If there was, would we still be here?  

Damonette

Partying Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers