Reply Serious Conversations
Abortion. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

twotees

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:00 am
I am a firm beliver in abortion. I have had one when I was a kid.
Yes Its my body so it should be my choise if I have a baby or not.
What I do not think is right is women getting several abortions in her life.
After the first one she knows she isnt ready for a child in her life and she doesnt want to put her body through the pregnancy just to give her hard work away. After one abortion she needs to invest in some good birth control.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:11 am
i've never had an abortion. My sister had two and she said she thinks about them often. She also says she feels guilty. I can understand that too. I am pro -choice but i don't believe i could do it myself. Some people are better off not having kids. Sometimes they aren't stable or emotionally available. Even though i would rather someone give their baby up for adoption it isn't always an option.

In any case i really believe if you aren't having safe sex then you just might get a baby. Or and STI. or even something incureable. Lucky for me I only got the first one.  

DizzeeCubed

Raevena

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:45 am
This is a conversation that will never be resolved. I'm pro-choice, but that aside, I believe that adequate education would end a lot of the ignorance that surrounds opinions (on both sides of this issue) and lead to more acceptance of the differing stances. Living in New Jersey, I've been exposed gradually to Sex Ed. since I was 9, but those years of anatomy charts, condom demonstrations, and lecturers from Planned Parenthood never prepared me enough to understand how much could potentially go wrong when it comes to trying to avoid pregnancy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:11 pm
I also don't think it will ever be resolved. But is there the bad need for that? I personally am taking so much along already by reading all the ideas, views and opinions of the people posting here.

And I think that every post contributes a bit to it. Maybe it will help people that regret decisions they made because they find others that did the same or think similarly. At least it will help me when I will have a talk about abortions the next time. Because I will know more ideas and views and I'm glad about that.  

hagelwetter

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:30 pm
There is no reason to resolve the issue, people will always have their own feelings about it... but being able to voice your opinion may help someone out there that may be reading this that is thinking about what they should do... Knowing a lot of different sides and the reasons for that may be able to help someone out.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:58 am
Lil jo - Finally someone that agrees with me to some point I feel as if I am getting interogated in here for what I stand for, or that the others are trying to convert me and it just wont happen.

Alot of the kids in the system may also be there because their parents did not know how to take care of them due to them having disabilities of some sort.

My mother helps alot of these kids that most would precive as being unwanted by thier parents or unfornate never should have been borne cases, just because they dont get that the child is learning disabled and the parents don't know what to do.

Brutal - I also Highly respect your veiw and oppinion and agree with you that children need to be educated earlier in today's society since they are becoming sexually active at 13 now days. However I still don't think it is right to stop a beating heart, but I will not support making the clinics ilegal.

I am the type of woman/person that would take a kid out of the system by adopting them no mater what the contents of the package was. I would work with a child that had any manner of psychological problems because I have that big of a heart and that much understanding of it.  

Mrs_Black_Bear

Shenyu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:51 am
Radical Ed: "If you are not ready for a child, don't have sex. That is YOUR choice."

Me: "Well, that would be so easy, if sex was just for making babies. But sex is more than this. It's getting close to the person that is (hopefully) the most important one to you. It is giving your body as a personal gift.
But I think you have the possibility to have sex and prevent yourself from becoming pregnant. But what if that does not work because of whatever? Your pill does not have effect and the condom has a hole. I think this would be a kind of complicated thing. On the one hand you do not have a tragic situation like rape or something. On the other hand no one can say that you did not act responsible because you really tried."

RadicalEd: "I never said it was easy. I just said it was your choice. I know first hand how difficult it is."

But don't you think it is kind of a unrealistic solution for that problem? I mean. It's not REALLY a choice. If you are in a relationship for years without sex, your partner might leave you. And for a good reason I would say. I don't mean that you have to have sex by command, but I think it is normal that you have sex SOMETIMES. I mean we are no youngsters anymore.
And as I said there are a lot of ways to prevent pregnancy. But you can never be sure per 100%. So I don't think you should be punished just because you have been trying, but you lost.

Anyway. What still bothers me is that I think that an unrealistic solution is not really a solution...

BTW Sorry for that strange thing up above, but I don't have a clue how to quote with that nice "... wrote"-stuff^^  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:03 am
Shenyu
Radical Ed: "If you are not ready for a child, don't have sex. That is YOUR choice."

Me: "Well, that would be so easy, if sex was just for making babies. But sex is more than this. It's getting close to the person that is (hopefully) the most important one to you. It is giving your body as a personal gift.
But I think you have the possibility to have sex and prevent yourself from becoming pregnant. But what if that does not work because of whatever? Your pill does not have effect and the condom has a hole. I think this would be a kind of complicated thing. On the one hand you do not have a tragic situation like rape or something. On the other hand no one can say that you did not act responsible because you really tried."

RadicalEd: "I never said it was easy. I just said it was your choice. I know first hand how difficult it is."

But don't you think it is kind of a unrealistic solution for that problem? I mean. It's not REALLY a choice. If you are in a relationship for years without sex, your partner might leave you. And for a good reason I would say. I don't mean that you have to have sex by command, but I think it is normal that you have sex SOMETIMES. I mean we are no youngsters anymore.
And as I said there are a lot of ways to prevent pregnancy. But you can never be sure per 100%. So I don't think you should be punished just because you have been trying, but you lost.

Anyway. What still bothers me is that I think that an unrealistic solution is not really a solution...

BTW Sorry for that strange thing up above, but I don't have a clue how to quote with that nice "... wrote"-stuff^^
hmm I disagree about your loved one leaving you if you refuse to have sex with them, considering my husband and I have known each other for five years and dated four of those, and have only been married for about three months. I did not and would not have sex with him untill our wedding night and he did not leave me.  

Mrs_Black_Bear

Shuyajin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:17 am
I don't know what anyone else believes. But here goes. Kids will have sex, in the society we live in today its unavoidable.

Kids who foolish engage in intercourse but are not ready for the responsibility of a child have a duty to abort so that the childs' soul may either enter the body of another pre-natal baby or return to heaven.

As for people in their older years, it really is their choice. They should weigh up the possibilities. Like: Am I ready for the responsibility for a child? Am I ready emotionally to raise a child? Am I ready financially to support a child? Am I in a stable relationship with the father?
All these things plus whatever else(couldn't know everything that there is to the decision being a guy) must be properly identified.

The worst thing a mother could do is bring a childs' soul into a worthless life due to problems that may or may not be out of her control.

Unlike most people, I believe that the physical body of humans are little short of meaningless. The only meaning our physical existance has is to grow our spiritual beings. If the parents' cannot bring up the child in the best enviroment they can to support their souls' journey through growth in the physical world, then the child themself has the right to be aborted so that they may have the chance to find a better existance to stimulate the nessercary growth process.

Think of things as life and death and you'll miss the bigger picture. There is so much more than you allow your consciousness to precieve. I apologize if there is anyone so rooted in this world to find what I say offensive.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:42 am
This subject should fall directly into the realm of the woman and her doctor. End of story.  

Tess A Tigre

VampirExocutioner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:04 am
Abortion is a personal choice. End of story. I don't believe government has a place in a woman's decision whether to give birth or not.
As a 16 year old I had one. I finished school and ended up getting married at the age of 20. I have children of my own. I have also adopted 2 children because their mother was a family member and a drug addict. At my age now (39) I don't want anymore and had myself fixed so that I wouldn't have anymore. If the situation arose (it can happen) I would certainly have to discuss it with my husband but I still don't want anymore children. When I had my first child at the age of 21 I grieved for the child that I did not have. Buyers remose maybe? If my 17 year old came to me and was pregnant and was set on an abortion. I would find a way to pay for it. She wants to be a nurse how hard would that be and be a teenage mom? I know it can and has been done, but if they truely don't want it why make them? To teach them a lesson? Right and end up raising your grandkids. I've seen it before!

It's a personal choice!
Sorry I wrote a book.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:20 am
Mrs_Black_Bear
Shenyu

hmm I disagree about your loved one leaving you if you refuse to have sex with them, considering my husband and I have known each other for five years and dated four of those, and have only been married for about three months. I did not and would not have sex with him untill our wedding night and he did not leave me.

But Radical Ed is saying if you're not ready to have a child then you shouldn't have sex. Marriage isn't a part of this really. Suppose you get married, but don't feel you're ready for a baby yet. 10 sexless years after marriage later, most men would of left by then.

My opinion on this is the same as a few others here. Pro-choice - it means the woman gets to CHOOSE if she wants to or not, it does not mean that everyone has to have an abortion if they do not want the child. If a person believes in God, then it's really between them and God, not the government or anyone else.

Else we will be punishing the mother AND the child. There are NOT enough parents who adopt to take all of the children in the adoption system as it is, and while there may be good foster homes, there are also plenty of bad ones.

Really "Pro-Choice" means everyone gets to decide and act on their own beliefs, whether they believe in abortion or not. "Pro-life" (in the sense that Pro-lifers want to make abortion illegal) means that the government regulated a very personal choice based on views that are not universal.  

SpiritChangling

BlueberryJoy

High-functioning Cutesmasher

12,475 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:30 pm
When I was younger, I was pro-life, but I made a complete 180-degree turnaround and became pro-choice in my 20's.

If I explained why, the pro-lifers here would have fits, sooo...I'll just leave things at that. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:55 am
To anyone who brings up the religion card, I refer them to the Atheist and Agnostic Pro-Life League and also to Libertarians for Life

There's also Pagans for Life and Hindu teachings against abortion.

I am pro-giving the baby a chance to live. Any basic science book says the fetus becomes a human being separate from the mother at conception.

I am sympathetic for young mothers, but that's what social service agencies are for. Many pro-life groups, such as Birth Choice, offer prenatal care and adoption services. In my area there is even a place for young mothers to live during pregnancy.

Thus, the only case I can support is if a complication arises that endangers the mother with little chance for the fetus, such as certain types of cancer or an ectopic pregnancy.  

Battousai-nii

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:58 am
Tess A Tigre
This subject should fall directly into the realm of the woman and her doctor. End of story.

I couldnt agree more....  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces