Reply Music Room
Strange musical tastes? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

charamath

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:44 am
I feel like I should duck and cover when I say 'I like country'! But that's what I was raised on, and Lonestar's 'Amazed' is still one of my absoulute favorites. But I love most anything except for rap. Can't stand rap. Mainly I listen to rock and metal from all different eras. I adore Breaking Benjamin and Slipknot, and love German metal. I also like Japanese metal, but I have no cds of it- just had a friend make me listen to it. After those two, comes classical music- Transiberian Orchestra anyone?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:46 am
I'm a straight man who enjoys musical theater...Is that strange enough?
charamath
I feel like I should duck and cover when I say 'I like country'! But that's what I was raised on, and Lonestar's 'Amazed' is still one of my absoulute favorites. But I love most anything except for rap. Can't stand rap. Mainly I listen to rock and metal from all different eras. I adore Breaking Benjamin and Slipknot, and love German metal. I also like Japanese metal, but I have no cds of it- just had a friend make me listen to it. After those two, comes classical music- Transiberian Orchestra anyone?

Trans-Siberian orchestra and Voltaire are my two favorite...I suppose artists would be the best term.  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

kurridevilwing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:55 am
I'll listen to just about anything that strikes me as enjoyable.....but right now Im listening to alot of Jason Webley and alot of Amanda Palmer.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:33 am
I got weird taste for ya, I love the old Rat Pack stuff and I'm only a 20 something. I'm sorry I just love Dino, Sinatra, and Sammy Davis Jr. One of my favorite songs is Fly Me To The Moon, and don't even get me started on those old classical MGM musicals. I love them to death! I also love 80s rock. Queen is my all time favorite band, starting to love The Who because of Roger Daltrey, and one of my favorite singers of all time: Bryan Adams.  

RedRaphie

kymetyme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:37 am
I can't choose a favorite genre of music. I like everything. Seriously.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:40 am
I'm a fan of just about everything except for country. I'm really not a fan of country. But, I do love techno to no end. Mainly, I listen to rock and techno.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

irrelavant

Fashionable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:51 am
adirtyhippy
irrelavant
Ani pulled one of those "oh hey look I'm not a lesbian anymore" deals. Almost like she was banking on being a lesbian to catch a certain niche in the music industry that had a severe lack of catering to. But low and behold, she's married to a man now. Eh...

Despite the drama attached I do have to agree that her songwriting is second to none for the genre it falls into.

I dunno - I never saw Ani as a lesbian. I think she makes it pretty clear in her music that she's bisexual (c'mon - In Or Out? Schoolnight? Light of Some Kind?). Buut, I digress. I still think she's darn talented. razz I really love her political stuff too like Every State Line, Fuel, etc.

Yes, she identifies as a bisexual, but really banked on the lesbian market through her early career. In 1998 she married her sound engineer (a man). It alienated many fans. Oh well, music is music to me. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:01 pm
Satsukawa
Sorry foxie, i dont know Ani difranco confused but i use to hear 80's songs a lot and 90's too.
Tori Amos is the best!!! 3nodding

Haha! Tori Amos is cool. But I love a hardcore underground local group who's pretty famous. Assemblage 23. I love almost all techno, underground, psychedelic, trance music, but I listen to almost everything. It depends on my mood and if this song fits it or some aspect of my life.  

Revy-2-Hands

divinity of pride

Newbie Vampire

5,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:26 pm
hmm...i listen to alot of music, i remember Seal way back in the 90's, Tina Turner, Cheir, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi....the artist formally known as Prince (i think? >>) Vallina Ice...i also love Jazz..classical...little country..little rap..(seriously..like 1 or 2 artists i like).....no real christan music/bands...i listen to a band and they ruined Lynard Skinards song Sweet Home Alabama..i love that song crying (no offense to anyone btw)
ummm..i like alternate, heavy metal, techno, Jrock, some screamo..>> gurnge, etc...it just takes time to grow on me..but i love alot. And i know sooooo few names of artists or bands of songs XDDD  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:51 pm
i like that wikken band incabuss subbcabuss xd
look up there version of "paint it black"  

whiteshadowoftheblackbird

3,450 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Yona_Babe

Jolly Genius

20,825 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:46 pm
Julien_Isfange
I'm a dork, I like video game music whee

but I also love classical, jazz, metal, techno, 80s, classic rock, and other sounds that perk my fancy 3nodding

Mee too. XD What kind of game music do you like? I love the Suikoden music, Nobuo Uematsu, the music of Air (okay, it's a Hentai Game, as I heard, but the music is winderful). Then I like all kind of anime music, especially written by Yoko Kanno, Hajime Mizoguchi, Kaoru Wada and Jo Hisaishi who worked together with Studio Ghibli.

I listen to movie soundtracks (James Horner), classical & operas (Mozart, Wagner, Vivaldi, Verdi etc.), Pop-Rock music, Oldies (Beach Boys, Beatles, Stones, Kinks etc.), some hardrock/metal, irish folk (Chieftains, Clannad), Neue Deutsche Welle aka new german wave (Nena), 80's, 90's and so on.

And I'm into Visual Kei and other japanese rock music. My fav bands are MERRY, MUCC, baroque, SEX MACHINEGUNS, Onmyouza, Gargoyle, BALZAC etc.  
Music Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff