Reply Serious Conversations
A strange problem Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark-Blue Zeus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:26 am
That's nice of you to say, but maybe it was meant to be like this. This is probably the only way Im okay. I've done this for so long maybe its too late to try and fix it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:09 pm
Can't teach an old dog new tricks kind of thing??

Well, honey, you don't look sound like an old dog to me. I've yet to hear barking or growling coming from you. So don't give up. Find a woman on-line to chat with and see a professional. You might just wind up with a golden bone if you dig deep enough.  

MotherMoo

FallenSammy

Invisible Disaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:50 pm
I have a vague idea of how you feel and what you experienced not so much to your extremes. I had a bad experience of a bloke and i couldnt even walk round anywhere feeling safe i had to deal with being around men as i worked with them and i work with the public but out of work i couldnt cope i had panic attacks and i couldnt let anyone be too close to me physically even women to a certain extent i would give anyone a wide berth, Admittedly i may not of felt it to such extremes but dont write yourself off as a lost cause with the support of my family and some very close friends who are basically my family too ive overcome it i still get panic attacks in certain situations and dont feel as confident as i used to but compared to what i was like ive improved so much. if you ever wanna talk feel free to pm im quite a good listener. never give up hope hun  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:41 am
I've found my answer. If I can't be around them just hate them. People in particular are disgusting evil creatures. I thought I had a problem but maybe its not me. maybe its those around me who continue to scorn and treat me like oxygen. just to be absorbed and dispelled. I'm through. I thought it was only women. Its all forms of human life.  

Dark-Blue Zeus

lunaci

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:01 pm
Dark-Blue Zeus
This topic may sound stupid coming from someone 22 years old-
but I wanted the opinions of those either around or over my own age. When I was in my teen years, let's say I had a traumatizing experience with a girl and since that day I've had a unbelievable fear of women. After all this time I was recently told I have gynophobia. Is there any way past this? if not I'll be confined to the internet forever.

I took this to a deeper level and wondered how big the trauma was. Was it abuse of some sort? Was it a rape?

I am no expert, but I would suggest therapy if it is serious. It does not mean that you are crazy if you see one (I use to see one myself). The therapist should make you feel comfortable and well supported, being totally objective in his/her approach.

Having the support of family and friends is also a good thing, but it's best to get the help of a professional for serious trauma.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:11 pm
Dark-Blue Zeus
I've found my answer. If I can't be around them just hate them. People in particular are disgusting evil creatures. I thought I had a problem but maybe its not me. maybe its those around me who continue to scorn and treat me like oxygen. just to be absorbed and dispelled. I'm through. I thought it was only women. Its all forms of human life.

What a decidedly easy way out!

I can see why you don't have any friends. The problem is you. Not people, not women. It's within you. Get help.  

Professor Grundy

Tipsy Codger

pretty hate machine

Toxic Nymph

17,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:44 pm
You might just have an anxiety disorder. (Anxiety is classified as an incorrect fear response to normal objects or situations). You should try going to a doctor to see what they have to say. I have social anxiety, which makes it very difficult for me to meet new people, mostly due to things that happened to me as a child. I had a stutter and that's pretty much the first thing people would recognize and I was made fun of a lot for it. This made me nervous and scared to meet people, and when I was nervous I stuttered more. A huge vicious cycle.

You might also need some therapy to work up some mental conditioning to help yourself not be so afraid, but until you can get that sort of work done, they might put you on anti-depressants or Xanax to help with the anxiety attacks. I would highly suggest going to see a doctor though. They aren't trying to judge you, they're only trying to help you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:50 pm
Marosa Bog
Dark-Blue Zeus

What a decidedly easy way out!

I can see why you don't have any friends. The problem is you. Not people, not women. It's within you. Get help.

Having PM the poster, yes, the problem is him. I would suggest to any new people reading this thread to not bother posting anymore here, either. He said he didn't want to be lectured anymore.  

Dante_de_Fenal

mixette

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:09 pm
Dark-Blue Zeus

Sorry you feel that way.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:11 pm
Dark-Blue Zeus

OK. People do often suck and they tend to be greedy, self interested, selfish, uncaring, apathetic, and generally obnoxious. Then you get to KNOW them and about 1 in 18 are decent humane individuals. The easiest way that I have found to get along with people is to start by watching them dispassionately and from safe distance. Find a rooftop or other safe place where you won't be in direct contact but can watch a crowd or group of people and watch them. Over time it crowd watching might help you become more comfortable with people in general, having seen them interacting in groups without having to interact directly yourself.  

Phoenix7

mixette

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:46 pm
Phoenix7
Dark-Blue Zeus

OK. People do often suck and they tend to be greedy, self interested, selfish, uncaring, apathetic, and generally obnoxious. Then you get to KNOW them and about 1 in 18 are decent humane individuals. The easiest way that I have found to get along with people is to start by watching them dispassionately and from safe distance. Find a rooftop or other safe place where you won't be in direct contact but can watch a crowd or group of people and watch them. Over time it crowd watching might help you become more comfortable with people in general, having seen them interacting in groups without having to interact directly yourself.

actually... stay away from rooftops. o.o
SEE!!! people are nice... people care... I'm lookin out for ya!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:42 am
based on the fact he said leave him alone in a private message to someone I say he really isn't truly interested in friends, especially female ones.Until he stops blaming others for the way he is and face his problem directly there is nothing he can do.No therapy group or anything.Its kind of people in denial will never be cured.If he wants and easy way out that doesn't involve him changing much but him changing his environment it won't happen.  

Creepy Clown Town

ladyrose2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:48 am
take a friend go to a park , museum, and watch women were not all bad. Fear will stop you in your tracks, like a deer in a headlight. While your at a park or museum watch women notice what they do... I think you will see that were not all out to get you.. Try also maybe seeing family your mom talk with her.. If still have problems seek some help to talk out your fears..etc..  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:12 am
Dark-Blue Zeus
This topic may sound stupid coming from someone 22 years old-
but I wanted the opinions of those either around or over my own age. When I was in my teen years, let's say I had a traumatizing experience with a girl and since that day I've had a unbelievable fear of women. After all this time I was recently told I have gynophobia. Is there any way past this? if not I'll be confined to the internet forever.

Scars heal, It may sound mean but get over it. Fear only lasts as long as you give it power, suck it up and get out there.  

Sliverbolt

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:27 am
The Playdough Bunny
based on the fact he said leave him alone in a private message to someone I say he really isn't truly interested in friends, especially female ones.Until he stops blaming others for the way he is and face his problem directly there is nothing he can do.No therapy group or anything.Its kind of people in denial will never be cured.If he wants and easy way out that doesn't involve him changing much but him changing his environment it won't happen.
I would say he is no longer interested in actually getting help at this point, judging from the posts I read {which was all of them}. With a defeatist attitude, you can't accomplish anything. Actually, it sounds like he -wants- to be the way he is. Probably a current or aspiring hikikomori. Who needs to go outside when you can access the world in the comfort of your own bedroom?  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff