7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

TequilaRose

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:35 am
Ok so I am changing the first post to let everyone know who comes in here that this is more for a discussion with mature adults and not for diagnosing or treating problems with pregnancy (thats what doctors are for) although it is ok to share experiences and advice. There already is a pregnancy support group for that and I do frequent it but I got tired of kids complaining or asking if they could be pregnant when they have no clue how it happens. Guess what, Sex creates babies.

A little Bio about myself, I recently lost my first child and have since learned that it is becoming more frequent and ladies like me have little hope or support afterwards so I would like to help anyone who is going through this or has while rooting for those with healthy kids and pregnancies. You can ask me if you like. I don't mind. This is how I am healing.

Some rules of this thread:
Be kind and no Com Speak. We are educated adults.
Also I'd ask that if this hasn't happened to you please keep advice or speculation to yourself unless asked. A simple I am sorry will do. And even though it might be well meaning some people might take offense to "Don't dwell on it you'll have another child." or "You shouldn't be sad, At least you didn't go full term." A loss is a loss and you have a right to talk about it as long as you need to for healing and getting closer to closure. Just because you are or was a week pregnant to however old or far along your baby is or would have been... it doesn't negate the fact that you were pregnant with a baby you were expecting and planning for. So lets be sensitive to this fact. Feel free to ask me if you have a questionable post. Other then this request, feel free to have fun and lets enjoy our children.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:36 am
I'd like to make some friends who are going through the same things as I am so feel free to have fun and get to know each other. Also for support and if you are interested in talking with the youngsters here is where you should go.

Pregnancy Support Group  

TequilaRose

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200

AvilesC

7,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:01 am
Not me but my wife who is also in this guild now. Im sure she will post as soon as she gets back from work today lol. Todays my day off THNK YOU!!! But yea its our 1st kid otw. She about 6 months in and its a girl.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:08 am
That is really awesome!  

TequilaRose

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200

Wendy Essex

Intergalactic Saint

15,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:12 am
I just had my second child, a girl, three and a half weeks ago. She was early. Her due date was today actually biggrin Congrats to all the new moms and the repeat moms having babies, and the dads too!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:31 pm
Awww babies make me all warm and fuzzy inside. I can't wait to be ready to have one!  

Cuore Rotto

Wheezing Dabbler

13,200 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Clambake 200

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:35 pm
Let me know if I can help out... my background might pose useful...

I cant conceive children anymore, but I am thankful to have my 15 yr old daughter though.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:44 pm
No but know alot of friends who are.  

President Kristian Fry

7,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ladyshari

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:03 am
No , But I have already been through that 3 times 21,24,26 so if you want any advice I can help. congratulations to all..  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:19 am
im a little over 5 months right now... i think im about 24 weeks... give or take.. i lose track until they tell me at the docs office sweatdrop

this is my firs baby, its a girl.. even got a name picked out and everything ^_^ heart

i told myself i really only wanted one, but i really really really wanted a boy (not that im not going to love my girl any less) so i think im going to try again for that boy in a year or two.

and would u believe it, my little girl is due december 23rd!!!! O_O i swear she is going to be delivered on chirstmas >_<

but i will say something, i hightly doubt anyone here who is or had a baby has the same problem i have sad only because its a rare thing... see, i have RH negative blood type and generally even though some people out there can have like O ir B negative most people have positive, and if not, generally the baby has positive (or at least thats what the doc told me). well having RH- is REALLY rare and generally only passed down, my grandma has it too. well what it does is make my body think that the baby is an unknown thing and needs to be destroyed, so my body tries to kill the baby. they have shots (thank god) that i have to take (another one in a couple of weeks) throughout my pregnancy to allow me to keep my baby because i tell u what, i defiently dont want to go through what my grandma did. my dad was her first born but my uncle, he died while in the womb so she gave birth to a dead baby aka still born. .... she went into a deep depression after that and i DEFIENTLY dont want that to happen to me, i have depression issues now as is LOL

this is what wiki says about the RH disease http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rh_disease  

Widow-Of-D00m

Taxi Mama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:15 am
I think the RH+ stillborn thing got figured out in the 1960's. My mom got a panicked call from the doctor during her 2nd pregnancy (1967) when he realized she was RH-, and he couldn't find any record of my dad's blood type. I grew up with that story, so until I got married, I thought the traditional pre-marital blood test was for bloodtype! Now I know it's for STDs.

Worldwide, about 18% of the population is RH-. If an RH- woman bears an RH+ baby, and some of the baby's blood gets into the mother's system (not uncommon during a difficult birthing), then all her other RH+ babies will be stillborn. I'm RH-, so they give me shots immediately after childbirth, to prevent my immune system from creating RH antibodies. It's standard operating procedure; they don't even ask what the father's blood type is, anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:49 am
I am still trying to concieve, but when the doctor realized I was B- he just shrugged and said, "You know you'll need shots." I've known since I was 18, so I just nodded back and got on with the rest of the exam.

It was a big thing back in the fifties and sixties, but today, it's only a problem if you don't follow the treatment. A shot here or there isn't all that much to do for a healthy baby.  

Etoile de la Mer

Widow-Of-D00m

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:47 pm
oh no, i never said i wasnt going to get the shots, hell im thankful we live in the generation we do and i can get them, im just saying that im having a pretty hard first pregnancy (not saying mine is anymore so than anyone else but defiently makes me wish i was normal).

not only do i have rh- blood, but i also have high blood pressure.. and im only 25. i got that from pretty much everyone in my family. a manic depressive, which i got from my dad, and i try to fight that off alot and being pregnant doesnt help. so, i have to go see a special ob doctor cause im classified as a "high risk".

for being pregnant the first time and classified as that, is sure scary as hell, i tell u what..  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:14 pm
I am O-, my Husband is AB+, but did you know that thee is actually two RH factors in you blood? so there is a chance (though slim) that my Hubby could be AB+- (all negative RH blood types are double negatives) I rather hope he is a +- cause while the shots make it safe, I really hate needles! I will still have them *if* I am pregnant (I could take the pregnancy test now since they say its accurate five days before your suppose to have your period but I figure I can wait and see if I miss it first) I have had a bit of random nausea and some dizziness and sensitive breasts, but I have IBS so random nausea and dizziness is not something I have not experience before, and sensitive breasts could just be that before I married my hubby I was a virgin so its all new for me. My body could just be happy about it all you know? If I am I will really be happy, even though I had thought I wanted to wait a bit longer to have a baby, I am really excited about the possibility that right now life could be starting inside me.

Seems so odd to me, I was less then excited about ever being preggers, and now, despite all the problems I would have to face if I am; My hubby is an active duty marine and my family runs a small store for which I have to work at so that it can keep going and being pregnant during the Christmas season would be hard, my hubby would be out on deployment during the due date.... I still want to be preggers.

My sister says the only reason women want to have babies is because hormones kick in. Maybe thats true. maybe the happy endorphines I had from being intimate with my hubby make it so that I want to carry is child, or maybe they just encourage it more I dunno, I still think it would be amazing.  

xcedra

Married Wife

3,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200

Lady_Niqui

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:41 pm
xcedra, hope you get your wish smile

I'm now 6 mos pregnant and I'm really happy about it. It's strange though. I read up on it and talked to friends and stuff so I had a good idea of what to expect but being pregnant has really been more than I couldve ever imagined sweatdrop
I feel like someone gave me a personality transplant sometimes... lol. My taste in food changed, I have an ungodly sense of smell, and I can go from so happy laughing to omgtheworldisending crying in 30 seconds. I sleep alot more too. I'm glad that I havent gained too much weight at least. What I have gained is all in my behind and boobs, which my husband absolutely loves.
I've been lucky so far. No problems or anything and I managed to quit smoking right away. Me and hubby both O pos. My due date changed a couple times though so I've been kinda worried that the baby will show up too early or late. Its supposed to be around christmas. Hopefully she doesnt do like I did to my parents and show up 2 mos too early.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff