Reply Advice Forum
Bone spur or calcium deposit?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lenorecat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:36 pm
So for the past 6 months, I've been noticing something growing on my finger joint on the inside of the palm. The past three months, I noticed that it hurts when pressure is applied to it, like gripping the steering wheel hard to turn, or grabbing on the shuttle the poles to hold on. Other then the pressure, it doesn't hurt. It's a bump on my joint on my middle finger that connects to the palm, and it worries me on what it is. So I'm asking all of you, espeically the more experienced ones of life, what the hell is it?!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:57 am
unfortunately, the problem is this:

because we cant see it, and most importantly, we are not physicians, I would highly suggest an appointment to be made to see your PCP.

You could have a few different things, but this can only be assessed by someone who can actually see this and physically manipulate it, which should be your PCP.

For temporary relief, if you can tollerate it, take Advil/Ibuprofen, as needed. It serves as a pain reliever and anti-inflammatory. Drink plenty of clear fluids to help move swelling (if you have it), and decrease usage until you are seen.

If you find that it is affecting circulation, I would make sure you emphasize that when you schedule your appointment.  

Wixandrettas

Lenorecat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:03 pm
Thing is, I saw a doctor, he said not to worry about unless the pain got worst and more frequent.
No fluids, just hard lump on my joint.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:28 am
Usually, bone spurs only occur in the feet.. and in one rare case I heard about, the kneecaps.

I would seriously get calcium deposits, arthritis and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome ruled out if I were you before assuming bone spurs. The pain is supposedly sharper with the latter, and I had a neighbor who needed surgery and orthopedic shoes for the ones in her foot arches.  

Koimaiden

Taxi Mama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:44 pm
Is it a callus from your ring?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:41 pm
Nope. It's my right hand, my dominant hand, and my middle finger.
Maybe I flicked off too many people?
LOL  

Lenorecat

Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas