Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Homosexual male: Minority in HP slash? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guillotein

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:19 pm
First of all, read this (yes, the whooole shebang!). It gives alot of insight on alot of the injustice done to certain individuals in the HP community.. this post is heavily based on the text itself, as well @_@

Okay.. I'm assuming you've read the previously mentioned journal entry by now, if you've gotten this far in the post.
Anyway..
I think that what Alchemia said pretty sums up my view on gay men in the HP slash community. It makes me cry (really!) to think that some people are so selfish and biased as to actually want to shut out others who are of the opposite sex, even if they have the same interests! I am disgusted by the way some women see homosexual men as objects! Or forms of entertainment! That is just.. so wrong. It totally goes against what so many women strive for, to be viewed as human beings instead of just something to grope.
Do women (not in general, but a large handful of them) really want this fandom to turn into another feministic institution? Is this how it's going to be? Why oh why can't there be true equality?

I'm sorry if I've offended anybody.
Please post your thoughts on this.
(or suggest a better title? ^^;; )  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:34 pm
Ok, my true belief in life is that "Everybody is entitled to their own opinion". Whether it be good or bad. Frankly I couldn't care less if women think as Gay guys as objects, because there are women out their who DON'T. Catch my drift? I am probably talking like a friggin' hippy... Anyway, some straight men think their wives are objects... Soloution? Tell him to stop it, if he doesn't, leave. It's simple. I dunno but I just think the world is a balance, everything happens for a reason.

Another example. Goths are thought to be all emo and mean. I know Goth and she is very nice, and some people agree that Goths CAN be nice. It's all about your opinion and whatnot. To tell the truth I probably worded this whole thing out wrong and no one can find head nor tail of this, but meh, it's my philosophy. I am straight, good for me. My friend is Gay, good for him. The trick is to NOT CARE what they say. If you get too affected by these people you let them win.

I never fully read that journal so I could be on a whole other track. Sorry I killed the first post.  

Lunar_Blade

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:41 pm
Being a gay male in the slash fanfiction/fanart genre, I've kept my gender under lock and key for the most part. I used to be very open about being a male until some girl gave me a review on one of my stories telling me that I didn't know anything about slash because I was a 'male troll'. I deleted that account and the story and started up a new one under Goddess_Cerridwen...since then I've been a girl online. Though I have used my maleness to prove to some people that slashers aren't all female.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:46 pm
Ex-Professor Remus Lupin
Being a gay male in the slash fanfiction/fanart genre, I've kept my gender under lock and key for the most part. I used to be very open about being a male until some girl gave me a review on one of my stories telling me that I didn't know anything about slash because I was a 'male troll'. I deleted that account and the story and started up a new one under Goddess_Cerridwen...since then I've been a girl online. Though I have used my maleness to prove to some people that slashers aren't all female.

*Imagines some N00b yelling at you about Slashers are all female then you saying their male* Haha... Dumb-a** N00bs.

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah Now I remember.  

Lunar_Blade

Guillotein

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:56 pm
Lunar_Blade
Ok, my true belief in life is that "Everybody is entitled to their own opinion". Whether it be good or bad. Frankly I couldn't care less if women think as Gay guys as objects, because there are women out their who DON'T. Catch my drift? I am probably talking like a friggin' hippy... Anyway, some straight men think their wives are objects... Soloution? Tell him to stop it, if he doesn't, leave. It's simple. I dunno but I just think the world is a balance, everything happens for a reason.

Another example. Goths are thought to be all emo and mean. I know Goth and she is very nice, and some people agree that Goths CAN be nice. It's all about your opinion and whatnot. To tell the truth I probably worded this whole thing out wrong and no one can find head nor tail of this, but meh, it's my philosophy. I am straight, good for me. My friend is Gay, good for him. The trick is to NOT CARE what they say. If you get too affected by these people you let them win.

I never fully read that journal so I could be on a whole other track. Sorry I killed the first post.
^^ I'm glad there are people like you.. it really shouldn't be something to give a s**t about, in the first place.
But what I'm talking about mostly is the large mass of people who contradict their beliefs by going and doing the very thing they are against being done to them to another group of people. (Did that make sense? ^^;; )
Maybe this subject doesn't give room for very broad discussion.. +,+  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:59 pm
Ex-Professor Remus Lupin
I'm sorry..

I just don't understand why some people think that way! It doesn't even make sense.. why would a straight female know more about gay culture than an actual member of it?  

Guillotein

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:06 pm
Last time I checked though, I wasn't really a member of gay culture. I just sort of do my thing...which isn't really anything because I'm single now and have been for a while. I spend my free time at home on the computer, playing video games, hanging out with my best friend Ashley, reading, or writing...I'm not very gay culture type. Or rather...I don't do the stereotypical gay activities like club hop or style hair. Edit: Of course, I know a straight guy who wants to do interior decorating...oi, so very against the stereotypes. Met his fiance too, she's nice.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:54 pm
I'm going with Luny on this-completely and totally.

I only have one problem with gay men--they have a lot better hygenie then most straight men, and thus a lot of them are a lot better looking then most straight men... crying wink (common stereotype? yes...true at my school? ...*sob* yes!)

But yeah, I didn't even read the journal thing at all (I wouldn't have understood half of it right now anyways...I'm half dead) but, it's just wrong for anybody (be they female, male, gay, straight, etc, etc,) to be treated as an object...

But there's a lot of stuff in this world that's wrong...

So that's why when a girl runs for president in a few decades with brown hair, brown eyes, the name's Jessy--you should vote for me--I mean her.... wink (ha! I'd like to see that actually happen! ha!)  

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:00 pm
*votes for Jessy*

That's really sad that gay men seem to have better sense in how to clean the body. Of course, there are women who like scruffy men...I personally, can't stand that 'haven't showered in three days' look. As for being treated like an object. Try getting treated like an object by another man...that's degrading.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:13 pm
No thanks, I've got enough to deal with thanks to the size of my upper body.

What's worse is when it doesn't just come from the males...

Don't get me wrong, I love to joke with my friends, and a lot of people have mistaken me for being at least bisexual because of some of the jokes and the way some of us act around each other (I'm always the first to offer a lap when a female friend needs a seat, and I'm always the first to give some one a kiss on the cheek when they're feeling down)

But when the creepy weird girl who thinks she's a cat and buries leaves because supposedly they're "rare" starts feeling you up...

Yeah, not fun.

I can handle a guy trying to cope a feel (martial arts = gift from the gods and lots of guys afraid of pissing me off) or a few catcalls (always been single, always will be single, so the catcalls are kind of fun when I'm in a playful mood) or staring down instead of up when I'm trying to talk to them...

But when she runs, glomps and gropes--no...that's not fun...

And yeah, I have to agree with you...the "haven't showered in three days look" makes me gag rather then become suddenly turned on and desperate... rolleyes  

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lunar_Blade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:30 pm
Oh yeah! You told me about that cat chick... Neko- cat thingy ma bob. Very scary. I've got a guy at school who hears Snakes all the time... Or so he says. And he constantly calls people "foolish mortal". He's 15 by the way so maybe he is still in the "video game" phase.

Mind you I can't talk. *Huggles Link*

My parents are homophobes. My brother asked them what they'd do if he turned gay.
Mum: I'd Cry
Dad: You'd better not.

Speaks for itself doesn't it?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:35 pm
Well, since we're sharing the details of these events...I was accosted in the stairwell by one of the football players. It got ugly and I...well...I pepper sprayed him and kneed him where it hurts. I am not afraid to do it and dammit, I can't throw a punch, my time is spent playing video games and rping not lifting weights.  

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

Lunar_Blade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:37 pm
I love Video games *Owns a GameCube, PS2, Sega and a Nintendo*. Hurrah for rich senile Grandmothers.

Where do you buy pepper spray anyway?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:40 pm
You pepper sprayed and kneed a football player...

Quick! Everyone on your knees! Bow down to the wonderful God of Gay!

O Mighty God of Gay...we worship you...for you achieved what HK could not...

You pepper sprayed and kneed a football player....

I've never been able to do that...they're all to afraid of me to mess with me...it's always been a dream though...especially that one a** that smokes weed and never gets caught no matter how many times I manage to get drop tips and crap (because I really hate him and I really want to see him out of the school, and even people who I know smoke have tried to get him in trouble as well--yeah no one likes him)

HK has never played videogames because her mother is against them... stressed  

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:40 pm
Lunar_Blade
I love Video games *Owns a GameCube, PS2, Sega and a Nintendo*. Hurrah for rich senile Grandmothers.

Where do you buy pepper spray anyway?

Ace Hardware, they have it by the Fire Alarms. I was hacking for the rest of the day because it spreads through the air, but the principal kept giving me water because she felt so bad and thought I was going to sue the school or something.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff