45%  [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 159

Demona_Darchanjel

10,600 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:14 pm
Hello all, I'm a 24 soon to be 25 year old who happens to be wiccan in a christian community. I'm curious to see what religions we geezers aspire to, and maybe open up the forum for some open minded discussions on our religion, and to hopefully connect fellow geezers with like-religion minded geezers. Please do not turn this into a religion bashing thread, I want this to be an honest discussion of religions that perhaps informs us of various world views.

As for my religion, I'm an eccletic pagan leaning towards dianic wicca. My patron deities are Athena and Diana.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:19 pm
Spiritualist.  

Lacuna Sidera

Enduring Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Demona_Darchanjel

10,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:24 pm
Cool, do you mind telling me more about it? I'm not sure I know what that is in its entirety.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:44 pm
Christian.
What's Wiccan?  

Ultra Fabu

bookviper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:05 am
Although it does not classify as a religion my spiritual path lead me to taoism, which translates as "the way".  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:34 am
I'm a Buddhist/Animist.  

Artemesia_of_Persia

Ruthless Phantom

37,675 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Miniar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:18 am
I'm a reconstructionist Norse/Teutonic first and foremost. That's the religion of the vikings that is.
I have done a "LOT" of research into the subject.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:00 am
I'm a Sephardic Jew, observant. If I were Ashkenazi instead of Sephardi, I'd be called Orthodox, but Sephardi Jews never split into Reform/Orthodox/Conservative factions.  

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

queen of qeeks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:03 am
I practice Gnosticism, which is one of the worlds oldest religions. Gnostic basically means "knowledge seeker." The religion bases itself on pushing people to decide what they think is right, and to always search for more answers rather than settling on what's easy.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:37 am
queen of qeeks
I practice Gnosticism, which is one of the worlds oldest religions. Gnostic basically means "knowledge seeker." The religion bases itself on pushing people to decide what they think is right, and to always search for more answers rather than settling on what's easy.

My boyfriend is Gnostic. I find it very interesting. The only reason I can't call myself Gnostic is because one of the general beliefs of Gnosticism is in an omnipresent God and of a false God, and I simply don't believe in any gods.
I am a Theravada Buddhist. Or at least, I share the beliefs of one. I can't say I practice meditation or self-deprivation, however.  

Squidicide

Mrs_Black_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:43 am
Lutheran Christian with some pulls from Native American beliefs.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:50 am
I don't consider myself wiccan, mostly because I don't bother much with spellcraft or a coven or anything, but I am a pagan.

Ultra Fabu
Christian.
What's Wiccan?

Wiccan refers to those of us people call witches. Wiccans worship goddess in one form or another. Look it up online if you'd like more details. Wicca is very misunderstood by most Christians.  

Puck the Elf

Feral Nerd

17,325 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Demona_Darchanjel

10,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:17 pm
Divash
I'm a Sephardic Jew, observant. If I were Ashkenazi instead of Sephardi, I'd be called Orthodox, but Sephardi Jews never split into Reform/Orthodox/Conservative factions.

Cool, I'd love to know more about your religion. However, I wanted to take this time to apologize for not having listed Judaism in the poll, especially since it is one of the major world religions. *bows* Gomen.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:19 pm
Puck Vasquez
I don't consider myself wiccan, mostly because I don't bother much with spellcraft or a coven or anything, but I am a pagan.

Ultra Fabu
Christian.
What's Wiccan?

Wiccan refers to those of us people call witches. Wiccans worship goddess in one form or another. Look it up online if you'd like more details. Wicca is very misunderstood by most Christians.

Bingo! However many wiccans generally accept the dualism of male/female in nature and therefore in divinity. So the male God is accepted as much as the Goddess. I may be wiccan, but I don't do much in the way of spellcraft myself, you don't have to work spells to be wiccan.  

Demona_Darchanjel

10,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Puck the Elf

Feral Nerd

17,325 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:41 pm
Demona_Darchanjel
Puck Vasquez

Ultra Fabu
Christian.
What's Wiccan?

Bingo! However many wiccans generally accept the dualism of male/female in nature and therefore in divinity. So the male God is accepted as much as the Goddess. I may be wiccan, but I don't do much in the way of spellcraft myself, you don't have to work spells to be wiccan.

Very true. I myself worship Goddess as well as Consort. I know one doesn't need to practice spellcraft to be wiccan, but I just don't consider myself wiccan. Many of my beliefs come from other pagan religions, so it's easier just to use the term pagan. I do follow the Wiccan rede though.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff