1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Other-Please specify
45%
 45%  [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 159

MrMuddyRebel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:10 pm
i am baptist but i am not the typical say everybody else is wrong type what i believe is mine and what you believe is yours we can talk about them and compair all forms of religion im not going to change no more then most people wont change there religion  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:25 pm
I believe in fairies! If Shakespere had written his complete works before the bible was written we all would believe in fairies biggrin

Well seriously I don't follow a religion, however the most welcoming and helpful groups I have found are Buddhist and Hari Krishna. I love what they do, but probably wouldn't go that far .  

Shellykulele

Miss Abigal of Lenox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:16 am
I'm Christian, believer in Jesus Christ. I believe that He is coming soon for his church, the rapture. I look forward to being in heaven with Him.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:26 am
Shellykulele
I believe in fairies! If Shakespere had written his complete works before the bible was written we all would believe in fairies biggrin

Well seriously I don't follow a religion, however the most welcoming and helpful groups I have found are Buddhist and Hari Krishna. I love what they do, but probably wouldn't go that far .
Hare Krishna! blaugh

One thing that I found attractive about Krishna consciousness was the devotees. If you are not a devotee, you will not be treated any different. You are always welcome to the temple to take some prashad, and there's no "you're going to hell because you don't believe the same thing we do" talk. The idea is that the teachings are something you have to come to believe on your own. Threats and scare tactics will not do anything but cause fear and resentment and are thus not considered a reliable means of spreading Krishna consciousness.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Boudica Celtic Queen

8,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:24 pm
Ultra Fabu
Christian.
What's Wiccan?

Wiccan religion is a nature-based religion where the practioners worship The Goddess. The closest explanation of The Goddess is an earth mother type of deity. Yes Wiccans are considered practioners of witchcraft due to their spells and rituals. However, true Wiccans use them ONLY for good. The belief is strong that what you do to others will come back on you 3-fold (I think I got the ratio right). I learned something about it when my daughter studied it for a while. I also had firsthand experience to the narrow-mindedness and misunderstanding people have about this religion. A TEACHER at my daughter's school was spreading the rumor that my daughter had put a HEX on her. And, I was called in for a conference with her Vice Principal regarding her having a book on Saxon Wiccan beliefs that she had borrowed from a classmate. I was surprised how many different sects of Wiccans there are (Saxony, etc.) Wiccans have a strong belief of caring for the earth and it's inhabitants.

BTW, I am Quaker. I don't believe any ONE religion is THE religion. There are many common beliefs throughout the different religions and I believe that things were added and changed due to people's certain personal beliefs of how it should be.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:06 am
I have no formal religion, but I do believe in a higher power.
I attended a Quaker elementary school for four years and now work there though, and I find that I do agree with many Quaker beliefs even though I am not yet ready to join the Meeting.  

CORNSiLKDreamer

8,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

Straight Talker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:27 pm
I am a Baptist Christian!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:41 am
Lady_Niqui
I'm christian. I believe that Jesus died for my sins etc. but I do tend to question some things. Like why everyone thinks that God couldn't have used the big bang to create the universe, or why evolution couldnt have occurred. If anyone finds a scripture aout this I'd really love to see it because even though the bible said God made Adam from the ground I dont remember anything saying that he looked like me and you do. And it said that he created the world in seven days but how long exactly were these days? Somewhere in psalms it says that a day to God is like 1000 years but I dont know whether to take that literally or just to take it as "a day to God is a long time." And did God create people after Adam and Eve? He must've cuz otherwise when Cain killed Abel, he wouldnt have asked for God's protection ~ a mark of some kind so he wouldnt get murdered. I'll never know but I'm curious lol. wink

Thank You! That's what I've been arguing for years! We don't know how long it took God to make the Earth, or what "a day" was at the time. And if God had the power to make all this happen, wouldn't he have the power to speed up "time" (a human invention for measurement) and make billions of years of earthquakes, volcanos, tectonic plate shifts, etc. happen in any amount of time he wanted to? And if he is in control of life, couldn't he have hurried that along as well? Or He could have let it progress on its' own. God probably has infinite patience to go with everything else. (He'd kinda have to, dealing with the shortcomings of humans like He is.)

Also, I could believe that Cain would marry his sister to get a wife, but I've always wondered who was going to harm him, too. 3nodding  

Refoya

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:19 am
Says the Atheist:

Well, it all depends on how you interpret the Bible. Some say you can't and you must take the Bible how it is written because it is God's word through His chosen writers. Then God made the world in 7 human days and made Adam from dust and made him out of His image and took dust and Adam's rib bone to make Eve to be his perfect companion.

However, if you interpret the Bible in other ways, that the Big Bang and evolution are completely plausible in the Biblical sense.

But, I don't understand interpretation. It seems like the Bible is either God's word or a guide. There are so many different sects of Christianity that take the Bible so differently. Homosexuality is wrong here, and not at another place. What about slaves? What about the Old Testament laws that are still valid to Christians? Where does the interpretation stop and God's word begin?

Then again, this is why we have so many sects and Europe's history so bloody, not to mention our own.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:05 pm
User Image

I consider myself more spiritual than religious.
There isn't really a name for my personal beliefs,
but I like to use "earthy taoist". I believe all living things
are connected together as one.

Kaoru 81

KittyRyu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:23 am
Naturalist Pagan. I don't fall under the 'Wicca umbrella'.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:13 pm
User Image

I don't fit too well into labels. One could call me a pagan, as my beliefs fall outside of any of the three Abrahamic traditions. One could call me an atheist, as my beliefs do not include any supernatural godlike entities. One could also call me a pantheist, as I believe that gods are personifications of an existing natural, vague, impersonal and emotionless force within the universe which is all-pervasive.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Venuslady

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:52 am
Pagan  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:24 am
Pagan since 1997.  

LilyRoseFaerie

5,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100

SilntAngl5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:19 pm
I'm an Episcopalian (a form of Christianity similar to Catholicism). I am liking the discussions (especially above) and the sharing of information. smile Kudos to everyone for trying to spread understanding among each other!!! biggrin  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff