1%  [ 2 ]
Other-Please specify
45%
 45%  [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 159

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:12 pm
It's good for people to be open to understanding other religions, even if they do not agree with them. It seems to be misunderstandings that cause problems amongst people of different religions more than the religions themselves. Most religions actually seem to have the same basic teachings... they just have different practices and methods of teaching.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:14 am
I'm honestly not sure what I am. I believe in a higher power but as to which one (so to speak) I don't know. I just believe that if you treat your fellow man with respect and be kind when it is warranted, whatever afterlife that is out there will reward you. I basically don't claim a religion.  

MoonStarDutchess

ladybast

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:21 pm
I'm an atheist. I've studied some religions but I honestly couldn't bring myslef to believe in any of them. Either way, I respect people's beliefs.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:38 pm
catholic  

Tanith_4486

havenne17

Distinct Gekko

12,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:00 pm
I am pagan. I have studied with a neodruidic group and have taken formal Wiccan training and been initiated. I have led a group of a specific neopagan denomination and had my own cirlce of mixed paths. I am having an interesting journey and am currently exploring what it means to Walk the Walk, living my Faith every day.
One of the most rewarding religious things I have ever done has been to moderate a Pagan Discussion group, which met virtually every week for almost three years at a bookstore. It had a couple of Gardnerians, several prominent Satanists, an independent Asatruar, a variety of Wiccans and Witches and any number of undecided seekers come to it, some regularly, some sporadically.
As to what I believe: all things have spirit, even the seemingly inanimate. I also believe that the Gods and Goddesses may once have been people who became heroes, who became legend, who eventually became deity. I believe in the possibility that all Gods exist, both yours and mine. There is so much more.
I'm trying to start a non-denominational open Pagan Discussion group on Gaia - I got into a very new guild, Pagans of Gaia and its owner is supporting me in this effort. My paganism is a work in progress and what a long strange journey it is.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:17 pm
I was raised Lutheran - became Episcopalian - and moved to a state of nonreligion.

I used to really like studying religion when I was younger, but I got really turned off by how pushy and opinionated people would become.

I am a generally spiritual person, but I have never been particularly good at faith in a higher power.  

Shinigami Unity

monkeybite

5,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:13 pm
pentacostal  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:30 pm
I've been told that I am a mystic. I have found things in many religions that I believe are right. I don't think any one religion can say they have the truth, because as long as there is a higher power, I don't think you can go wrong. I believe that we reincarnate and that each life fills a part of your soul that is supposed to gain something from that life, I believe that because the 'higher power' is infinte that it can take the form of many gods.  

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Sweet_lil_tomboy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:54 am
I am first and foremost a Christian. I don't attend any particular church and I don't practice any particular religion although I have in the past.
My beliefs are simple and I try to live them to best of my ability each day.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:59 pm
im learning the ways of wicca. been learnin off and on for a few years cuz my family are christian and i had to practice in secret  

freakymaggotchick

oO Momma T Oo

Aged Explorer

5,400 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:54 pm
I am a Christian of sorts. My faith is based off of what I know is in the Bible, and not so much off the teachings of any particular Christian religion. I like taking my faith straight from the source. That said, I'm not one of the obnoxious stereotypical "Christians" who goes around saying idiotic things like "God hates gays" or whatever Christians are being bashed for these days. rolleyes I'm generally a pretty accepting and open-minded type of person.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:01 pm
If I just BELIEVE then Jesus died for my sins and I am saved.....

But that is the point of Christianity. It's ok to question God. To question something helps in understanding it. I needed the bigger font hehe  

saxygal41

Artemesia_of_Persia

Ruthless Phantom

37,675 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:34 am
I'm a Buddhist/Animist.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:50 pm
Am a child of God.  

Pink Fregia

15,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:56 pm
Jehovah's Witness. (GASP! NOT ONE OF THEM!)

Being Christian, I do have certain beliefs about certain things society finds acceptable nowadays... but Witnesses don't talk about their faith if such discussion is refused. They also treat others with respect and try to set a good example.

(Tho I can't help but feel I'm not doing a good job of being a JW...)  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff