A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
Parents with LDA kids or People with LDA's themselves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you LDA or do You have a Kid with LDA?
I am LDA
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
I have a Child with LDA
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
I Know someone with LDA
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
I don't qaulify for any of the above but would like to Learn
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
I don't bealive LDA exist *me = sad*
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

vickysdream44

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:21 pm
ok here goes
i am 50 years young i am by-polar LDA and several other disorders.
i am curently trying to get my GED because school was so hard for me. back when i was in school, we didnt talk about LDA or any other disorders .
throughout the years of meds and theropy i have learnd that i am smart i just needed to learn differently. i have passed three parts of my pre GED test as of now,and i am going to one way or another get my GED. i want to become self sufficient one day. it may take me years but oh well what else has a geezer to do. smile

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:19 pm
I am glad to see this topic here. My brother has a now mild form of ADHD but when he was younger he had to take Ritalin (Sp?) which according to my mom, made him little more than a zombie. He still tends to bounce off the walls, but it's a bit tamer. There is one benefit I've heard rumors of in regards of ADHD of which is a faster metabolism. Among African tribes, men with ADHD among the moving tribes were 60% skinnier than the settled tribesmen with ADHD. Of course I might be a little off since this is right off the top of my head, but thats as accurate as I can recall currently. Please continue this fascinating thread!  

Kirasami

4,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Citizen 200

Mrs_Black_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:35 pm
vickysdream44
ok here goes
i am 50 years young i am by-polar LDA and several other disorders.
i am curently trying to get my GED because school was so hard for me. back when i was in school, we didnt talk about LDA or any other disorders .
throughout the years of meds and theropy i have learnd that i am smart i just needed to learn differently. i have passed three parts of my pre GED test as of now,and i am going to one way or another get my GED. i want to become self sufficient one day. it may take me years but oh well what else has a geezer to do. smile

User Image

Oh Wow, Good for you going back and trying hard to get your GED! That's awsome! I am sorry to hear that your schooling experiance was bad =C  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:37 pm
Kirasami
I am glad to see this topic here. My brother has a now mild form of ADHD but when he was younger he had to take Ritalin (Sp?) which according to my mom, made him little more than a zombie. He still tends to bounce off the walls, but it's a bit tamer. There is one benefit I've heard rumors of in regards of ADHD of which is a faster metabolism. Among African tribes, men with ADHD among the moving tribes were 60% skinnier than the settled tribesmen with ADHD. Of course I might be a little off since this is right off the top of my head, but thats as accurate as I can recall currently. Please continue this fascinating thread!
Oh wow that is interesting I didn't know that, perhaps I will do some research on it. Thanks for the information. Yea I have been on both Rit and aderal in the past they make the person taking them as close to a real life zombie as can actually exist it feels like your watching your life on a movie screen its awfull and all you want to do is sleep  

Mrs_Black_Bear

Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces