4%  [ 1 ]
Or a party "No Show Joe?"
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 25

Cierrah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:32 pm
Here's the story....

I just got married a few weeks ago, and my husband and I got ourselves a bar for our living room. We decided that now's the time to throw a party, and what do you know... Halloween is just around the corner!

Soo...I have some awesome decorating ideas, but I want to get a bunch of ideas for games that would actually be pretty damn scary. It would probably need to be confined to inside, unless the landlady says it's cool to use the side yard.

One idea I thought of was to blindfold one person at a time and confine them into a room alone. Everyone else would quietly discuss what they think that person is most afraid of, and then everyone goes into the victim's room and tries to scare the crap out of him through all senses but sight. Like if I was in the room, everyone would probably surround me and sound/act like zombies and I'd probably hyperventilate. But I need more to that - like:

- the victim has to guess who's who in order to alieviate their situation
- a five minute limit per person
- maybe instead of a discussion, ideas should be drawn from a hat
- should the winner be the one voted as the least scared, or the one who peed their pants? (maybe I should bring Depends, lol)
- a safe word, lol - I would probably need it.
- maybe instead, lead the person around the apartment while everyone either tries to make the person jump or laugh - the person with the least emotional responses wins...

Any thoughts or suggestions to that? I'm also looking for some other ideas that you have or have already done at other parties. Something that even "desensitized" guys might even get unnerved by.

Any cool recipe ideas would be welcome too. This would be our first big party together, and I want everyone to have fun and like my cooking. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:34 pm
A sure fire treat for any person having a Halloween party is...

Take two bundt-shaped cakes... Flat sides together.... Ice it with orange colored frosting, pipe a Jack-olantern face in black, take an ice cream cone, and coat it with green frosting and place on top of the double bundt cake to look like the stem...

It looks EXACTLY like a jack-o-lantern

Take Deviled eggs for example: before you cut the hard boiled egg in half... take a paint brush or a toothpick, dip in red food coloring (or any color), and make squiggly lines looking like veins... cut the egg in half. Scoop your yolks out, make the mix like you normally would... Once the egg halves are filled with the yolk mix, take a black olive slice, place flat side on the yolk. Then, take a green olive (with pimento), cut it in half... place the flat side right on top of the black olive, to make it look like an eyeball.... TOTALLY AWESOME effect!!!!!

Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies.. all flavors... pipe "RIP" on them, or names of ghouls, stick it in individual cupcakes to look like tombstones..

OK.. this always makes a conversation happen in my house!

Grab a non-powder X-LG non-latex glove. Rinse out with water. Fill the glove up with your favorite juice. Tie a knot in it. When you put it in the freezer, put it in palm-side down on top of something round (or shape a bag of frozen peas into a ball)...

Let this freeze. Then, take an empty coffee can (rinsed well), preferrably the small can... fill that up with juice. Take your frozen 'hand' out of the glove, and place on top of the can to make it look like its going to grab you....

Freeze again (do this the day before)....once frozen, this will be a gigantic ice cube of someone's hand...

Just before serving the punch bowl, put in chopped fruit or fruit slices. Then place your frozen juice hand right in the middle.

This is an AWESOME gag and it looks real thanks to the glove!

When you make your punch bowl  

Wixandrettas

Cierrah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:00 pm
Alexandretta
A sure fire treat for any person having a Halloween party is...

Take two bundt-shaped cakes... Flat sides together.... Ice it with orange colored frosting, pipe a Jack-olantern face in black, take an ice cream cone, and coat it with green frosting and place on top of the double bundt cake to look like the stem...

It looks EXACTLY like a jack-o-lantern

Take Deviled eggs for example: before you cut the hard boiled egg in half... take a paint brush or a toothpick, dip in red food coloring (or any color), and make squiggly lines looking like veins... cut the egg in half. Scoop your yolks out, make the mix like you normally would... Once the egg halves are filled with the yolk mix, take a black olive slice, place flat side on the yolk. Then, take a green olive (with pimento), cut it in half... place the flat side right on top of the black olive, to make it look like an eyeball.... TOTALLY AWESOME effect!!!!!

Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies.. all flavors... pipe "RIP" on them, or names of ghouls, stick it in individual cupcakes to look like tombstones..

OK.. this always makes a conversation happen in my house!

Grab a non-powder X-LG non-latex glove. Rinse out with water. Fill the glove up with your favorite juice. Tie a knot in it. When you put it in the freezer, put it in palm-side down on top of something round (or shape a bag of frozen peas into a ball)...

Let this freeze. Then, take an empty coffee can (rinsed well), preferrably the small can... fill that up with juice. Take your frozen 'hand' out of the glove, and place on top of the can to make it look like its going to grab you....

Freeze again (do this the day before)....once frozen, this will be a gigantic ice cube of someone's hand...

Just before serving the punch bowl, put in chopped fruit or fruit slices. Then place your frozen juice hand right in the middle.

When you make your punch bowl

Wow! Those are some totally awesome ideas! I'm really digging the Milano Cookie graves - that pun wasn't initially intended but I kept it with a grin - and the grabbing hand idea is really cool and creative!!! I may try that out!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:26 pm
Well the first thing that came to mind was actually a recipe. Now, I don't HAVE the recipe, but I can give you an idea and you can mess around with it.

My friend once made "Kitty Litter Casserole"

The 'litter' was rice (a little bit of soy sauce gives it the grey color)
And you cant have kitty litter without poop. xd The 'poop' is browned hamburger with enough spices to make it look darker (and, of course, poop shaped)... or maybe just some breakfast sausages? Anyway, mess around with it! 3nodding

You could do "monkey Brains"? It's basically squash, but you make faces on it like a pumpkin. xd

Let see, game ideas? Hrmmm... Halloween games are so hard to come up with.... You could always do a silly little pictionary of 'what horror film is it?' sorta thing, but by the way it sounds you want som
ething more scary... Hrm....

What about a game of touch? Where, you have bowls of things that feel absolutely gross (like peeled grapes and call them eyeballs) and people try to guess what they REALLY are.

If you want more in depth, you could do one of those murder mystery thingies (Yes, I said 'thingies'). One person changes costumes near the beginning of the party to be a ''dead' version of whatever they were before. And everyone has to guess who, what and how. Of course this means someone invited will have to know ahead of time if they are the 'who' and will then be in on it.... I never really know how those things worked, but that might be interesting. Not to mention the person makes sure to make a loud scream when they go change into their 'dead' clothes. xd

Hmmmmm.... that's all I've got in my head right now, but I'm sure everyone here could come up with more. 3nodding  

KaShash

KaShash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:31 pm
Alexandretta

That sounds WONDERFUL! I want that! *plots*  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:03 pm
This is probably lame.... Not much of a party planner redface ..... Are you planning on your guest wearing costumes? A costume contest might be an option. Have predetermined judges (I would go with secret ones so no one can try to bride a win lol). The winner could be given the chance to prank the person of their choice.... or something like that.

My daughter just suggested making some fudge and using Halloween themed cookie cutters to shape them. Chocolate bats.... Peanut butter jack-o-lanterns and stuff like that.

heres some links for some more ideas with food.....

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/et_hd_halloween

http://www.iparty.com/halloween/party_foods_idea.asp

this one has a freaky doll lol
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Halloween_Food/

Just some sites i looked up real fast like, I'm sure there are more of them out there. Have fun with your party.  

MotherMoo

bandaidd
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:46 am
A fun game played with powdered mini donuts and dry activated charcoal (call pharmacies for availability), blindfolds.

Rules:
Donut eating contest played in pairs, blindfolded.
Set a bowl of donuts between each pair, who face each other.
Put on the blindfolds.
Replace the bowls with donuts rolled in charcoal powder (they taste exactly the same, but make your mouth and drool horrifyingly black)

At the go signal, partners feed each other the donuts till all are gone then rip off the blindfolds to see if they are first.
(If people have expensive costumes, you may want to thoughtfully supply aprons or bibs)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:47 pm
Dont forget about your decorations.. Cardboard boxes can be used to creat tombstones, or a hanging scarry sign in front of your door. You will need some spray paint and paint brushes. Old clothes can double as bodies trying to creep from the grave.. get creative look around the house for really old things even broken things, they can help create a good atmosphere. This will make your guests stop and stare and be excited about getting in to start the party.  

Xx velvet petals xX

3,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Kiana_Pryce

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is from a party I threw for my kids a few years ago. I made the Rip things ( just like Alexandretta wrote ) in cupcakes less to cut and less waste , the hands around the hands around the cups are Pillsbury croissants with four slices in them and slivered almonds pressed into the tips , placed over a roll of crumpled up aluminum foil and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. The monster mix is carmel corn , candy corn , m&M's, peanuts, all put in a sheet pan and then drizzled with chocolate, one year i drizzled them with orange and green dyed white chocolate as well. The orange stuff is Lipton onion dip with orange food coloring in it. And the spider web is cocoa krispies treats with fudge int he center and peanut butter to make the web. The ice gloved hand works well , just do not put it in until the party is already going , it melts really fast , also for individual ice cubes put gummy bugs in the trays, I served green and red punch, for the green punch I had red ice cubes with gummy worms and in the red punch I had green cubes with gummy ants.

I know its more kiddish but you can spike the punch , and twist a few things around for adults smile Hope it Helped.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:29 pm
this has nothing to do with what you asked for lol but we got married last year right before halloween too and for our party I made sure to have one of those creepy zombie bride and groom couples for a centerpiece. Appropriate, don't you think?  

Rua-Lilta

Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff