2012 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shuyajin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:00 am
kerryness
hehe i used this in a story today for my literature class. i made a second major depression which crashed an international banking system which caused millions of people to lose all their money and belongings, putting more of a value on the actual dollar, making rare coins even more valueable and people who chose not to rely solely on the banking system to come out on top. we were supposed to take something to the extreme out of a list of items...i chose atms/direct debits/plastic money.

i'm not sure what's going to happen. i can only hope it's for the better. i've heard a lot of speculations, seen a couple of specials on tv, but i haven't done enough research, nor am i a mayan, so i can't say for sure exactly what's going to happen.

I hate that misconception. THE MAYANS ARE NOT MAKING 2012 HAPPEN. The date was preconcieved at the fall of Atlantis, forgotten, and then figured out by the mayans, forgotten again, and then through them do we re-realize it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:44 am
2012 will come and pass with no major events, just like 2000 and the whole Y2K.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

kerryness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:26 am
Shuyajin
kerryness
hehe i used this in a story today for my literature class. i made a second major depression which crashed an international banking system which caused millions of people to lose all their money and belongings, putting more of a value on the actual dollar, making rare coins even more valueable and people who chose not to rely solely on the banking system to come out on top. we were supposed to take something to the extreme out of a list of items...i chose atms/direct debits/plastic money.

i'm not sure what's going to happen. i can only hope it's for the better. i've heard a lot of speculations, seen a couple of specials on tv, but i haven't done enough research, nor am i a mayan, so i can't say for sure exactly what's going to happen.

I hate that misconception. THE MAYANS ARE NOT MAKING 2012 HAPPEN. The date was preconcieved at the fall of Atlantis, forgotten, and then figured out by the mayans, forgotten again, and then through them do we re-realize it.

i never said they are making it happen. but as you just said they figured it out, whatever it is, and since i'm not a mayan i can't be sure what if anything is going to happen.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:41 pm
Nei1
2012 will come and pass with no major events, just like 2000 and the whole Y2K.

y2k was an misconception of an artifical platform, 2012 is a multi-dimensional series of events.

A metaphor for the difference between y2k and 2012: Like the difference between having chest pain from heart burn from crap you just ate, and chest pain from your appendix about to burst.

As you are you can't really tell them apart, but its' a worlds' difference.  

Shuyajin

Shuyajin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:43 pm
kerryness
Shuyajin
kerryness

i never said they are making it happen. but as you just said they figured it out, whatever it is, and since i'm not a mayan i can't be sure what if anything is going to happen.

Its not really even so much as they figured it out, rather as a by-product for their advanced understanding of spacial time. Hell, they foresaw their own downfall and we're unable to do anything about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:32 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rVeHJt78jU

Wake up and remember already.  

Shuyajin

KittytheSheGeek

Wealthy Ladykiller

8,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:48 pm
Lita Kuragari
2012 again? *sigh*

"2012" is not the end of the world, but the begging of a new time for this world. slowly but surely we have already seen changes that are for the better, but many only see those changes as for the worse.

Maney believe that the Mayan culture have "accurately" predicted the end of the world due to the fact That the mayan calendarl stops at 13.0.0.0.0. The man who predicted this is José Argüelles, the founder of Planet Art Network and the Foundation for the Law of Time. Personally, my husband and i believe that he only believes a "cataclysm" will happen because it stops at 13, or December 21, 2012. He has written a few books, as well as his wife, but his calendar, if i have interpreted the Wikipedia Page accurately, and As mathematician Michael Finley notes: "Since the 365 day Maya haab makes no provision for leap years, its starting date in the Gregorian Calendar advances by one day every four years. The beginning of Arguelles' year is fixed to July 26. Thus his count of days departs from the haab as it was known to Maya
scribes before the Spanish conquest. Arguelles claims that the Thirteen Moon Calendar is synchronized with the calendar round. Clearly, it is not." then this prediction is wrong in some, if not a large degree. Also, The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar forms the basis for a New Age belief, first forecast by José Argüelles, that a cataclysm will take place on or about 21 December 2012, a forecast that mainstream Mayanist scholars consider a misinterpretation. My husband has done alot of research, he is attempting a major in Mental Disabilities (as he himself is disabled) and has seen over the years a steady increase in Autistic Disorders such as his own (Aspergers Syndrome). He believes that in 2012, we will enter the new age, autistic disorders becoming more and more common due to the earths shifting north magnetic pole, as well as energies from various other sources. It is not the "end of the world" but rather the end of an old era, and the beginning of a new.

"This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius!! The Age of Aquariuuuuusss!!"

sorry. lol Couldn't resist. Although I do mostly agree with your theories, the new age (The Age of Aquarius) isn't supposed to start until roughly 2600 A.D. Perhaps 2012 is the "dawning" of this new age, in other words, something will happen that will start to bring about the changes that will prepare us for the new age. Although it does seem rather early to me, and frankly, I don't think 2012 will have any significance. It's too bad that none of us will be alive when the age changes though, I'm sick of Pisces. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:29 pm
You think this being a guild full of geezers, people would have more to say.  

Shuyajin

MHHornfreak

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:16 am
Isnt it when the next Summer Olympics will begin?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:56 am
any excuse to party like crazy for the next four years.

for serious though, i've read a lot about it, and it would be neat if something happened, but i'm not rearranging my schedule or anything.  

immabee

Lita Kuragari

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:35 pm
me and my husband were discussing 2012 last night and my husaband believes that 2012 is the end of the World. . . . . . . .
. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

Of Warcraft  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:38 pm
I think we should cash in all our stocks, bonds, cds, T-bills etc. and sell our homes and cabins and time-shares... We should give all the money to the poor and sit very still and wait... until... we hear ET phoning.

MHHornfreak
Isnt it when the next Summer Olympics will begin?

Yes, but the summer Olympics will be over long before December 21st.

Malheureux
Crew

Shuyajin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:01 pm
Shuyajin
You think this being a guild full of geezers, people would have more to say.

I guess everyone is just too old to think.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:25 pm
Just because not everyone buys into your ideas and beliefs does not mean they aren't "thinking for themselves", as you seem to be implying and have also seemed to imply previously in this thread. For people to throw down their own beliefs and suddenly follow yours just because you say it's the truth is more mindless than them having their own opinions on the subject.

Honestly, the Mayans didn't say anything was going to happen in 2012. It is just the last date on the calendar and there is nothing else attached to it. Not knowing what to think of the calendar ending, people began to speculate it must mean "the end of the world" because that was the only explanation they could think of for "time ending". The "end of world theory" is nothing more than speculation with nothing to back it up except biased interpretations of history and artifacts.

I am no expert on Mayans, but from what I have learned, the calendar was made using a certain counting system, which I believe {I could be wrong... it's been a while since I looked into any of this} was based on how the Earth moved around the sun. As you may know, the Earth is on a slightly tilted and "wobbly" orbit around the sun and thus does not always move exactly the same around it. Over the course of many many years, the days {and consequently the years} are going to be a different length than they were back when say.... the Mayans were around.

Now, if the calendar was based on how the Earth moved around the sun at the time, the counting system was going to be valid for only so long before a new one needed to be developed to reflect the new day/year length. Being as advanced as they were, chances are the Mayans already knew that.. and the year in which this counting system became obsolete is 2012. So what will we notice in 2012? Absolutely nothing. The change was slow and gradual so we won't really see a difference from one year to the next, but 2012 and beyond will be vastly different than when the Mayans were around.

But of course, this is all just another theory.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

TequilaRose

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:23 am
It's a fake... go to the nasa website.... Nasa.gov and look it up. Why would they keep something from us if it was going to harm us. ridicules babble.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff