Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bellaxxmuerte

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:52 pm
holy crap, if something did happen then it would suck cuz i'm just starting to get my life back together stressed
damn u mayans!!! scream

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:40 pm
xDD My thoughts on this are:

I don't think some of the whole oh no, we're gonna get a mega earthquake, giant tsunami or a meteor is going to crash into us is real.

My thoughts are that, Obama who's stance in pre election speeches who said that he would go into Iran (a country that has nuclear missles) without permission from the Iranian President, to attempt to capture Osama Bin Laden, who needs to be brought to justice, just not at the cost of invading another sovereign nation. Iran, who preaches Death to America retaliates against the intrusion and bam, war with Iran. Although Iran cannot fire a missile that would reach American soil, Iran has the potential to launch nukes into Iraq, and Afghanistan where there are still plenty of American Troops. Of course this sets off more retaliation such as America Nuking Iran, Iran possibly nuking India, India nuking Iran, China Disliking us nuking countries at their border nukes us, Britain takes our side and fires off it's nukes and Russia just nukes everybody. Thus with the amount of nuclear devices in exsistance, We either, go into a nuclear winter or we just blow the whole planet up biggrin

Obama's presidency is 08-2012. Hence the world ends with Obama based on his statements that he would invade a sovereign nation that has nuclear devices and think that he can just get away with it biggrin  

Koichi Wing

Moonlight Lover

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Kamui_kusinagi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:59 pm
2012....first thing I do have to say, is human kind will come to an end eventually (unfortunatly all things that have a start eventual have an end, with the exception of energy as it cannot be created or destroyed).

That being said, I think the world will end on 2012 due to green bunnies and talking dogs waging war on humanity and a giant "gate" being discovered which can bring things from other planets onto ours.
In all seriousness though, if anything were to happen beyond human control, I would put my money on the whole enlightenment bit. Other than that, maybe some natural disasters might be more intense than usual but nothing that would send us back to the stone age or wipe us all out. But that statement is outside of our control, what's within our control might actually prove to be a catastrophe.

Something I noticed people overlook is human reaction. Unfortunatly, this is not a Y2K thing, as the idea the mayans predicted this stuff has been embeded in us for a few generations atleast now. So, i'm not saying it will happen, but there is a possiblity of widespread chaos as December grows closer in 2012 due basically to a large mass of people overreating to one of the biggest IMAGINED threats ever.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:02 pm
The 2012 stuff was nothing more than Hollywood pre-movie hype and propaganda taken too far. Scientists have not found any evidence of any upcoming disaster.  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Shuyajin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:09 am
Tensai Showa Hayata
The 2012 stuff was nothing more than Hollywood pre-movie hype and propaganda taken too far. Scientists have not found any evidence of any upcoming disaster.

The above is an example of pre-planned retardation at work.

A good little sheeple at their finest.

Unknowing, Apathetic, and Unwilling.

Congratulations, I wonder how many just how many lives you'll have to live.

Cause so far, you fail at this one. No offense though. Its not like your in the minority, yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:13 am
Kamui_kusinagi
2012....first thing I do have to say, is human kind will come to an end eventually (unfortunatly all things that have a start eventual have an end, with the exception of energy as it cannot be created or destroyed).

That being said, I think the world will end on 2012 due to green bunnies and talking dogs waging war on humanity and a giant "gate" being discovered which can bring things from other planets onto ours.
In all seriousness though, if anything were to happen beyond human control, I would put my money on the whole enlightenment bit. Other than that, maybe some natural disasters might be more intense than usual but nothing that would send us back to the stone age or wipe us all out. But that statement is outside of our control, what's within our control might actually prove to be a catastrophe.

Something I noticed people overlook is human reaction. Unfortunatly, this is not a Y2K thing, as the idea the mayans predicted this stuff has been embeded in us for a few generations atleast now. So, i'm not saying it will happen, but there is a possiblity of widespread chaos as December grows closer in 2012 due basically to a large mass of people overreating to one of the biggest IMAGINED threats ever.

The fact that its a threat is imagined as well.

At this point though, I stopped trying to educate gaians because I began to realize that if they actually had any sense to the necessity of such knowledge they would seek it out, I wouldn't have to be the one trying.

The apocalypse arrives whether or not you arrive with it.

May God have mercy on your choices.  

Shuyajin

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:05 am
Sorry, but I tend to take offense at people "educating" me in pompous, condescending manners. While you may have some valid points...there really is no VALID proof that this event will occur.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:00 am
Nostradamus (sp) predicted the world would end at 10am, 17 march 2003 or something didn't he? So much for that...

Now, don't get me wrong, I do belive the world, one day, will come to an end, it is slowly dying more and more each day but im talking hudreds and thousands of years down the track, 2012 will be but anoter year that will come and go, just like Nostradamus's prediction.  

Cassandra Kindred

6,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Shuyajin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:34 am
katana68
Sorry, but I tend to take offense at people "educating" me in pompous, condescending manners. While you may have some valid points...there really is no VALID proof that this event will occur.

Good for you, please try to remind me why I care.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:54 pm
Shuyajin
katana68

I thought you were trying to educate us. Isn't that why you care?

Regardless, I don't think anything special will happen. The world will continue as it has been. If there is something that happens, we'll deal with as it goes. No use worrying anything we can't control. As others have posted, all things that start have an end. Do I think 2012 is an end? Sure, an end to 2012.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Shuyajin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:07 pm
Vengence of Areashine
Shuyajin
katana68

I thought you were trying to educate us. Isn't that why you care?

Regardless, I don't think anything special will happen. The world will continue as it has been. If there is something that happens, we'll deal with as it goes. No use worrying anything we can't control. As others have posted, all things that start have an end. Do I think 2012 is an end? Sure, an end to 2012.

No, I realized you cannot educate anyone. Not when people are happy with ignorance and the like. Those people don't even realize what 2012 means anymore and are caught up in all the old definitions and predictions. Also, you cannot be educated when you believe there is nothing, regarding the subject, to learn. All of you could die, wake up in hell, and have it be a perfect representation of the life you had on Earth(made with no noticeable changes), and you would never question it. YOU WOULD NEVER CARE, only until some light happen to shine upon you for a moment and show you the reality of where you are, and only then if you decide to take that light and make something of it would you follow where it leads..

Which comes back to what I stated, there's no point in trying to help those who have yet to find their light, or at the very least yearn too.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:13 am
Soooo 5/21/2011

Again another prophecy and another great disappointment.

This time was the Christian Radio DJ who put up billboards. Pretty much my day has gone by like any other.

My thoughts:

I really wish that something would happen on these predicted days, I really wish that these people would just shut up at this point. I have another year to put up with people telling me it's the end of the world and it'll be fun.

2 topics I want to see Disappeared by 2012: Pot and End Of the World Theories  

Koichi Wing

Moonlight Lover

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash