A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
I just found out... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Were you or are you a teen parent or is one of your kids?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 10

AngiG1970

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:22 pm
My second son (I have four sons 13-19 years old) just informed me last night that I am going to be a grandmother.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:29 pm
eek way to freaking young
your second son right? I take it he is around the 17. he really ******** up his life already if he becomes a father at his age

Brain Akazariua

Wealthy Businessman

18,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle Hardened 150

Maester_Leoshin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:27 pm
Poor kid. Lost his life.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:48 pm
Maester_Leoshin
Poor kid. Lost his life.

I wouldn't know about that, he gained one.

If the family is a strong unit and supports eachother they can get through a tough time.  

Stele

Spotty-Chan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:34 pm
Love that baby. It will be hard for you being the mother of the father, it's usually the mother-to-be's family that see the child most. Even harder if your son and his girl have a falling out. I wish you luck!

I know all about baby surprises, luckily I was engaged and we wanted children, just not so soon. She's the light of my life I can't imagine live without her, she's been such a joy, I can hardly wait until she's 3 or 4 to have another.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:34 pm
Oh goodness. Well, these things happen. Just support your son and the baby. And love it much. Even if it was a mistake, there's no reason to not love it any less. It's going to be a tough road though.  

Mikiba

1demona3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:48 pm
Maester_Leoshin
Poor kid. Lost his life.

Having a child is not the end of your life. It's just a beginning to a new stage in life. I'm really sick of people telling others that a child is the end of their life. A child is only a burden if you make them so. My child is not a burden, nor will I ever treat him like one. I wasn't a teen mom, but I cut it pretty close. I got pregnant about 8 months or so after I turned 20, and had my son about 6 months after turning 21. He's the joy of my life, not the end of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:59 pm
Um, being that young and having a kid does ruin your life. Only in rare cases does it save you or bring you joy. I'm guessing you were one of those people. Most girls I know go through hell because they don't have parents to help them. My mother had me when she was 21 and I saved her because she was going down a horrible road and my father was a scum bucket. And the only reason I was a blessing was because my grandparents helped. My mother would have been in finical hell if it wasn't for them. Raising a kid isn't all fun and games.

But I'm guessing this boy is only about 17 or so. That's way too young, first of all. Second of all, being a teenager is hard enough. At least he's being a man about it and sticking by the kid unlike my father who left me.

Trust me, leaving your kid leaves scars so just make sure he's there.  

Toker Rockett

3,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200

Bouton_dOr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:35 pm
Samantha Solkova
Um, being that young and having a kid does ruin your life. Only in rare cases does it save you or bring you joy. I'm guessing you were one of those people. Most girls I know go through hell because they don't have parents to help them. My mother had me when she was 21 and I saved her because she was going down a horrible road and my father was a scum bucket. And the only reason I was a blessing was because my grandparents helped. My mother would have been in finical hell if it wasn't for them. Raising a kid isn't all fun and games.

But I'm guessing this boy is only about 17 or so. That's way too young, first of all. Second of all, being a teenager is hard enough. At least he's being a man about it and sticking by the kid unlike my father who left me.

Trust me, leaving your kid leaves scars so just make sure he's there.

none of you know anything about the situation, what makes you so self-rightous to judge how this will affect his life? Get over yourself.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:45 pm
I can't imagine being that young and having a child. As much as I want one I know I couldn't have handled it at that age. I'm 24-25 and still don't have a kid, but it's hard to have one when you're a lesbian. My mom had me at 21.  

Demona_Darchanjel

10,600 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100

AngiG1970

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:20 am
I was 17 when I got married and got pregnant a few months later with my first of four boys. We are still married 20 1/2 years later. It was what I chose and I was very happy with it and wouldn't change a thing. My husband wouldn't change a thing. Our lives weren't ruined. My parents got pregnant with me and married a few months later. I was born a few days after my fathers highschool graduation. Their lives weren't ruined either. My son will be 18 in a few months. She will be 18 next month. They have been together for a year and a bit. They were planning to marry with or without consent after graduation anyway. They will be fine.
They both have strong supportive families. Plenty of people to help take care of the baby after its born while they go to school and work. They were already saving for a house. He doesn't currently have a job but he is getting one asap. Which means tomorrow if he can. He isn't irrisponsible and he knows what is ahead of him. Although this baby wasn't planned and they were using protection, its on its way anyway.

I only read the first three replies earlier. I was astounded that people still think that way when there are so many things people can do today. My son is family orientated. She is too. They know the first few years will be hard while they go to college etc. But they also know that there will be help as long as they need it. Niether family raised kids to be foolish or stupid. Things happen. Both families are there for them . There is no reason why these two can't raise a baby and have a happy marriage.
Lives aren't ruined because of babies. Lives just change. Lives change anyway. Babies are a blessing.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:22 am
Stele
Maester_Leoshin
Poor kid. Lost his life.

I wouldn't know about that, he gained one.

If the family is a strong unit and supports eachother they can get through a tough time.

exactly.  

AngiG1970

AngiG1970

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:23 am
1demona3
Maester_Leoshin
Poor kid. Lost his life.

Having a child is not the end of your life. It's just a beginning to a new stage in life. I'm really sick of people telling others that a child is the end of their life. A child is only a burden if you make them so. My child is not a burden, nor will I ever treat him like one. I wasn't a teen mom, but I cut it pretty close. I got pregnant about 8 months or so after I turned 20, and had my son about 6 months after turning 21. He's the joy of my life, not the end of it.

My kids are the joy of my life as well. My son is looking forward to it. He was a bit shocked at first but happy.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:35 am
AngiG1970
I was 17 when I got married and got pregnant a few months later with my first of four boys. We are still married 20 1/2 years later. It was what I chose and I was very happy with it and wouldn't change a thing. My husband wouldn't change a thing. Our lives weren't ruined. My parents got pregnant with me and married a few months later. I was born a few days after my fathers highschool graduation. Their lives weren't ruined either. My son will be 18 in a few months. She will be 18 next month. They have been together for a year and a bit. They were planning to marry with or without consent after graduation anyway. They will be fine.
They both have strong supportive families. Plenty of people to help take care of the baby after its born while they go to school and work. They were already saving for a house. He doesn't currently have a job but he is getting one asap. Which means tomorrow if he can. He isn't irrisponsible and he knows what is ahead of him. Although this baby wasn't planned and they were using protection, its on its way anyway.

I only read the first three replies earlier. I was astounded that people still think that way when there are so many things people can do today. My son is family orientated. She is too. They know the first few years will be hard while they go to college etc. But they also know that there will be help as long as they need it. Niether family raised kids to be foolish or stupid. Things happen. Both families are there for them . There is no reason why these two can't raise a baby and have a happy marriage.
Lives aren't ruined because of babies. Lives just change. Lives change anyway. Babies are a blessing.
That definately puts a positive spin on it and it sounds like they will be fine, though I still don't like to see teens pregnant because most of the time the teen that is pregnant was not raised with such values and it just ends up bad for the child...at least from what I have observed.  

Mrs_Black_Bear

SpiritChangling

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:02 am
Amazing how negative some people are around here.

What we all should be saying -

Congratulations on the baby that's coming. I wish you, your son, and the mother of his baby the best of luck and strength in the next few years. I also hope they have a happy, healthy baby. You have our support in any decision made for this baby.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff