what's a furry?
27%
 27%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 62

Lita Kuragari

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:29 am
Miniar
A furry is not a theriantrope.

A furry is a person who is attracted to anthropomorphic representations of animals on a personal, emotional or even sexual level. I myself find anthropomorphic representations of animals absolutely fascinating.
A furry can be used to represent people who have inclinations towards beastiality but do not wish to act on "actual" beastiality as well as to represent a person who thinks werewolves are beautiful.

A theriantrope is a human being who identifies a part of themselves, no a non-physical level, through psychology, reincarnation, incarnation, (or to a rare few, genetics), to be partialy non-human (specifically a terran (that is "from earth") animal). And that identification and belief is a significant part of their personal mythology and sense of identity.

I was a wolf in my last life. as was my husband. and since neither of us can return to a wolf shape, (plus we kinda like the whole "hand" deal humans have) I started to see more and more "furries". being furry would allow us to have hands yet we could still (to a point) look like how we still feel at heart.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:10 pm
Furries: Wow. Wierd. And cool that folks find ways to be happy.

Therians: Huh... maybe I could be one, I guess. I certainly adored my cat when I was little. My mom calls me a rabbit because of the way I freeze or bolt when startled. But when I did a spirit quest for my totem, it turned out to be a mouse, the finder of hidden things. I like that.

Taxi Mama

Miniar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:13 pm
Lita Kuragari
Miniar

A furry is a person who is attracted to anthropomorphic representations of animals on a personal, emotional or even sexual level. I myself find anthropomorphic representations of animals absolutely fascinating.
A furry can be used to represent people who have inclinations towards beastiality but do not wish to act on "actual" beastiality as well as to represent a person who thinks werewolves are beautiful.

A theriantrope is a human being who identifies a part of themselves, no a non-physical level, through psychology, reincarnation, incarnation, (or to a rare few, genetics), to be partialy non-human (specifically a terran (that is "from earth") animal). And that identification and belief is a significant part of their personal mythology and sense of identity.

I was a wolf in my last life. as was my husband. and since neither of us can return to a wolf shape, (plus we kinda like the whole "hand" deal humans have) I started to see more and more "furries". being furry would allow us to have hands yet we could still (to a point) look like how we still feel at heart.

You do see what I mean. Being a furry is a seperate thing from being a therian.

I consider myself both "otherkin" and therian. Two seperate things wink  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:01 pm
Miniar
Lita Kuragari
Miniar

You do see what I mean. Being a furry is a seperate thing from being a therian.

I consider myself both "otherkin" and therian. Two seperate things wink

^-^yesh yesh! I understand. (please correct me if I am wrong) Theian is more physical, and Otherkin is more focused on the soul. the furry fandom is just a fandom of people that like to dress up as animals or they are like many others like myself who are looking for a way to be closer to what their soul is.  

Lita Kuragari

I Ceymore Ratz
Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:15 pm
My wifey says I'm furry. lols my beard is down to far for her.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:52 pm
I consider myself a furry too,I'm an average house cat at heart.My boyfriend who also plays Gaia is a fox through and through lol.
There's bad people in all cultures,so I just kind of go with it and make it known that I'm not one of those furries who give others a bad name. Its a bit upsetting though about how much of a bad reputation we've got!  

Katie Tinypaws

Lita Kuragari

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:22 pm
most of the bad rep is from TV shows and from "trolls" half of whats said is not even true. but the other half I know is. but the stuff that is true goes for everyone NOT just the furry fandom. your going to find just as many sick people in the fandom as you would out side the fandom.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:29 pm
I'm no furry, even though I have such a strong love for cats.
I have also had a few furry friends in my time so far.  

freaxy
Crew

AvilesC

7,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:07 pm
I always reconized myself as a wolftype. I even did a servey about a month ago. The servey was what kind of animal father are you. I looked this up because my wife is going to have a baby soon lol. Thaut it was interesting, guess what the answer was.... WOLF. ha even the servay says im a dam wolf! ::HOWL!::  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:35 pm
I always thought it would be kinda cool to be an anthromorph Tigress! My other choice would be anthromorph Wolf. (dominant Female) Outside of that, has anyone considered being a FEATHERY? I always thought it would be coll to have wings and be able to fly!

And yes, Werewolves are BORN not made! You have to have Were parents to be a werewolf!  

Venuslady

zentromette

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:31 pm
I don't think I am but I am the easter bunny lol. I do hug on hot guys every chance I get while in the suit 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:29 am
Interesting conversation. I would add that there are spiritual paths/religions which presume totemic relationships as part of their approach to the world.

Previous to Gaia the only place I had heard mention of 'Furry' was a certain television series episode.....  

havenne17

Distinct Gekko

12,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Partygoer 500

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:58 pm
I've heard the term thrown around and was only aware of the dressing up aspect of it all. I don't believe I am a furry, but I feel I have a bond with nature.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:18 pm
I'm not a furry. I think it has a lot to do with how I was raised. I could certainly see myself associating myself with an animal - or at least I can definitely see how someone else could. The boyfriend refers to me as "that damn cat" constantly.

But again, it was ingrained in my head over and over again to make people think I'm "normal". Which is sort of dumb, but you know - it happens.

I find the idea very interesting - being as there is so much mis and noninformation surrounding the whole furry deal.

Plus I live in ND. We have no tolerance of anything slightly out of the norm (which is pretty boring).  

Shinigami Unity

Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces