Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Advice Forum
What is better? Going for looks or going for personality? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is better to go for in a person? Looks or inner beauty?
Physical looks.. hey, I have to stare at them
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Inner beauty.. Looks fade but the personality stays forever
77%
 77%  [ 84 ]
Nope, neither im just bored
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
After some alcohol, it doesnt matter
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Gold, monies are my friend!!!
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 108

Xx velvet petals xX

3,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:36 pm
What is better to go for in a person? Looks or inner beauty? I just wanted to see what the overall populace opinion is.. ninja Be truthful!! ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:46 pm
Without a doubt, personality. Everyone gets fat and ugly in the end. The most important thing to have is someone you can laugh with.  

queen of qeeks

Taxi Mama

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 pm
The most amazing thing about love... The person you love becomes beautiful to you! I am 40 pounds overweight, wear tank tops & men's shorts all the time, no makeup, with frizzy hair besides. And yet, my husband calls me Sexy, Gorgeous, Beautiful, etc... and I catch him staring at me googly eyed a couple of times a week, so I don't think he's fibbing. As I said, amazing!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:49 pm
Inner beauty and personality all the way. If the can make me happy and laugh, then he is good in my book... wink 3nodding  

Angel Of Sol

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Shenyu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:05 am
Well, definitely the look is important for a person to choose, but in my opinion you do not only chose a person bei the looks, but the he/she behaves. And THAT is part of the personality.
So I think the personality is not only from a moral point of view more important, but also from a logic one.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:20 am
don't judge a book by its cover. nobody wants to be with a person who only thinks of the outside.  

freestyle_skater

Tess A Tigre

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:24 am
ok - at the moment it is 100% personality. And I find it is interesting that only women have posted in here! Hmmmm....we ladies do not look at the outer beauty (tho Brad Pitt can eat crackers in my bed anytime he wants to) of a man but the inner glow. Men on the otherhand look at boobs and a** THEN if you pass that mark they may look deeper. Sorry, Guys! You know it is true!!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:23 pm
Taxi Mama
The most amazing thing about love... The person you love becomes beautiful to you! I am 40 pounds overweight, wear tank tops & men's shorts all the time, no makeup, with frizzy hair besides. And yet, my husband calls me Sexy, Gorgeous, Beautiful, etc... and I catch him staring at me googly eyed a couple of times a week, so I don't think he's fibbing. As I said, amazing!

I envy you!! gonk  

KaShash

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:45 pm
I'd rather go for personality than looks. I've done it twice and both are still friends with me. One is a looker, the other was always beautiful in my eyes, but not in others...but that is for another day's tale.

You can have Prince Charming, but he might be the most vain person in the universe. Then what? Or he'll mistreat your friends...or worse yet...you.

You can have the worst person in terms of looks, but they will be honorable, loving, and treat you and everyone well.

True, both are generalizations, but in my age range [21-29], that's how it seems to be.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:14 pm

It's personality for me, what is the point in been with some wonderful handsome person if they are as dull as dish water? Or turns out to be the most horrible person you’ve ever met? No I much rather have the not so drop handsome guy that has a good personality and isn’t dull or horrible.

It’s nice to see other people saying this as well on here.

Zealand_Aquarius

Barton Sweetheart

Xx velvet petals xX

3,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:43 pm
Tess A Tigre
ok - at the moment it is 100% personality. And I find it is interesting that only women have posted in here! Hmmmm....we ladies do not look at the outer beauty (tho Brad Pitt can eat crackers in my bed anytime he wants to) of a man but the inner glow. Men on the otherhand look at boobs and a** THEN if you pass that mark they may look deeper. Sorry, Guys! You know it is true!!
Um im going to have to agree with you on the Brad Pitt comment (yumm rofl ) For me its the personality or inner beauty, lets face it the outside looks will fade. If you go for looks it will eventually disapoint. One day you will just be sitting on the couch and think.. whoa what happened to you? Since I have recently started dating again I think this time around im learning my lesson. Inner beauty doesnt dissapoint.. Ok, so far anyway  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
biggrin Reading every ones posts has been really interesting, Ive always wondered what truly mattered. Its like when you meet people in real life you unconsiously make a decision on whether or not you think that they are attractive, we dont realize it but we do. But the more we interact with them we change our minds, if they are absolutely adorable make us laugh and we completely understand them, they become more attractive. And same goes vice versa, they can really look like a greek god but if they are as smart as a rock.. well then we move on. All these posts are really insightful
  heart Thanks everyone!!  heart  

Xx velvet petals xX

3,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Xx velvet petals xX

3,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:53 pm
KaShash
Taxi Mama

I envy you!! gonk
You lucky, lucky woman!!!! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:55 pm
Taxi Mama
You lucky, lucky Woman!! 4laugh  

Xx velvet petals xX

3,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:09 pm
Everyone says that looks fade, but no one really believes it until they wake up one morning and wonder who that old woman looking out of their mirror is.

Looks DO change. They fade. Illness happens. If you're with someone only because of the way they look, enjoy it NOW, because they absolutely will not look like that in 10, 25, 50 years.

I won't say I don't enjoy the way guys look (yes, I'm married, but I'm not dead), but I enjoy them the way I enjoy works of art - it's eye candy. It's not something I'd ever want to base something long term on.

And I agree with Taxi Mama - what is visually attractive and what is emotionally attractive get all tangled up together over time.  
Advice Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff