Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:43 am
He watched her with the same indecipherable look in his eyes, the small smile playing along his lips never fading as she stood, welcomed him, and gestured around, explaining what she'd been up to this last little while. There was no telling how her words were impacting him, though his gaze did flick to the windows, roaming over the various activities he could see happening within, before flicking back to her again as she moved away from him and back to the bench.

He had remained silent until she was finished.

"And here I thought I would do something for you." Came his reply, an edge in his tone that was almost a warning.

"Are you so content with your current lack of power?"

Fatal Irony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:41 pm
She studied him carefully, trying to gauge what this god wanted. There were few beings she needed to fear, but a deity visiting her put her on edge. She tried to maintain her mask of casual nonchalance, though she arched an eyebrow at his mention of power. She had felt the fading of her connection to Caine and had wondered at the implications. She had heard rumors and if she hadn't been so preoccupied by Shamhat's return she might have sought out this God sooner. Lucky for her, he stood before her now.

"You offer power," she said carefully, intrigue and desire lacing her words. She was a fan of power. It afforded her the ability to do what she liked with minimal consequences. "What do ask for in return? Certainly you are not offering power for the price of nothing." She wondered if she'd even have a choice to give the god what he wanted. Caine had taken everything from her, what more could his son want. She tried to reserve judgement until she'd heard him out at least. He did come to her calmly and politely with offers instead of demands.

Seussi

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:48 pm
While she watched him, he let his gaze wander towards the manor beyond her, eyes skimming across curtainless windows, watching the activities on display, his features never changing to show what he thought of such things.

"Yes, power. All that you lost, and perhaps a bit more. I want my Disciples to be strong." They would need to be to weather the coming storm.

"My Father, Caine, is as good as gone, sleeping beneath his ruined temple. My Mother, Lilith, has broken the chains that bound her to him and fled to the Wastelands." He finally turned his gaze back to hers; the darkness of his eyes had begun to glow brighter, a burning ember from deep within increasing in vibrancy.

"Your clan is a slave to its vices. I could fix that for you or all of them if you desire. If you become one of my Disciples, of course." His lips turned up at their corners, offering her a small smile.

Fatal Irony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:50 pm
So it was confirmed, Caine is gone. She thought that should elicit some response from her dead heart, but alas she found that Caine's fate mattered very little to her. He had sired her, sure, but she hadn't even laid eyes upon him in more years than she cared to remember. He stole her mortal life away and set her on this path full of death and pain. Still there were certain... pleasures... to this existence. What he was offering was the chance to explore life untethered to her vices. What sort of existence would that be? Could she become better that she was? Would she become worthy of Shamhat?

She chose her next words carefully. "If I become your Disciple... what will you require of me?" She kept her voice carefully neutral. There was perhaps a hint of hope as she mulled over what he offered her.

Seussi

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:29 pm
"What did Caine require of you?" He asked, and there was venom in his words at the mention of a Father he had never particularly liked.

"I only require loyalty. Vampires have many, many enemies, as I am sure you know. I need to know that if and when the times come, I will have loyal followers who will rally behind me. You need to stay awake and aware and look after your clan. That is all." He paused then, and head cocking to the side slightly as he regarded her.

"A war will come to vampires someday, and it will come for you whether or not you want to be involved. Better to know you will have allies amongst all other clans, no matter what your feelings for each other might be." His eyes were burning brighter now, waiting for her answer.

Fatal Irony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:41 pm

She heard the venom in the god's voice at his father's name and resisted an urge to flinch. She felt itchy around beings more powerful and unpredictable than herself. She chose to move on from Caine and not address the rhetorical question. Instead she focused on what the god was asking of her - both directly and indirectly. She felt the weight of truth to his words regarding a war coming. She barely liked to pay attention to the world at large and she'd still heard whispers. Though in the Daeva stronghold secrets were a common currency.

She weighed his words and thought about what war would mean for her, for the clan. The god's words rattled around in her head. "A war will come to vampires someday, and it will come for you whether or not you want to be involved." She'd certainly prefer not being involved but the god was correct. She wouldn't have a chance at avoiding it.

She stood slowly and approached the god once more, meeting his burning gaze despite how it hurt her eyes slightly. She stood tall and proud before him. "I know my clan's reputation is that of debauchery, seduction, sin," she each of the last words increasingly seductively with a crooked smile. "But my clan is also well-learned in Vigor and boast some of the strongest vampires to ever live. Our lower levels serve as fighting arenas of every style you might imagine." Her voice was full of pride now. "Even those who don't partake in those particular vices are powerful in their own right. If there is a war coming, you will need the Daeva on your side. And if you can free us of slavery to our vices then all the better." It was an easy decision to make. The revelers cheered even more loudly within the building behind her. The toasting to Shamhat must have started again. She'd be looking for Ishtar soon. She wondered if she should run this decision by her Antediluvian or simply surprise her with the information. Deciding on the later she asked "What do we do now to make this thing official?"

Seussi

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:38 am
She came to stand before him, and he held her gaze with his own. It was either that, or he would look at the various activities happening all around and beyond.

As interesting as that may be, it was also incredibly distracting.

He nodded his head at her words, considering them carefully, a smirk pulling up his lips in response to her smile. She wasn't ashamed of who she was or her clan, and he appreciated that. Though she wanted her clan to be freed of the necessity of their vices, the vices themselves would remain.

"Now,
" He moved closer to her, "You will do very little. I recommend accepting the bond like the gift it is; it seems to hurt less that way...Unless you're into that sort of thing." His smirk grew, and as he was now close enough to her, he lifted a hand and placed it on her head.

She would feel a power surge through her then, rushing through every fibre of her being and converging on the essence buried deep within her core. The bond, the gift, and the promise of power flowed through her and burned away the last remnants of whatever part of Caine remained, including the curse on her clan. With that curses removal, a shockwave effect would pulse out from within her, an unseen energy that struck every member of her clan and changed them.

No longer would their vices cause them weakness. The could indulge as much or as little as they desired to no detriment to their vitality.

As for the bond, the more she fought against it, the more painful it would be. Within moments, however, whether she fought or not, that new tether to her God would snap into place, securing her as one of Grendel's new Disciples.

And through that bond, power was perhaps more significant than she had ever felt. With each Disciple he made, Grendel seemed to become stronger, and all of his Disciples stronger in turn.

His eyes were burning brighter than ever when he removed his hand and stepped back, though they quickly dimmed, cooling to a deep red.

"It is done."

Fatal Irony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:26 pm
It was immediate and shocking. The moment she felt the god's hand upon her head it was lightning burning her from the inside. She tried to do as he had bid and let it wash over her, but that involved a level of trust she didn't possess. Still she was able to relax enough that the pain was less than it might be, it just took every ounce of concentration she had to will herself to relax and let it in. She felt the smallest tether to her old Sire Caine dissolve into nothing and a new bond forming. The power she felt was immense and terrifying and gone as quickly as it had come as the power pulsed out from them and he broke contact with her. There were a few unsettling moments where she felt the raging powers inside her settle in and she held her breath until the sensation subsided and she was left with renewed vigor and strength. She looked away from his burning eyes until they dimmed again. She let out a long breath and looked upon her new God curiously.

"I... don't feel different..." she said haltingly. She didn't mean the power, she felt very different physically. Yet she still felt the urges she always felt. She had thought the god would burn away all of her troubles, yet she still felt the pull of lust within her. "I still..." she looked at her hands as if they were foreign to her. "I still feel my vice," she said quietly. I'm still unworthy of her, she thought. Though something about it DID feel different. She felt a little more in control of herself, not driven to lust to the same degree. Perhaps things were still settling.

Seussi

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:17 am
"I did not remove your vices, but you are now in control of them instead of them being in control of you. Is that not what you wanted?" Perhaps he had misunderstood. His gaze drifted back to the manse and all that he could see happening within its walls and he gave his head a small shake.

"Besides, had I done it the other way, your party would be far less...exciting."

Fatal Irony

◕ Roleplay: Vampires

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces